Pacers naming new coach today

Pacers naming new coach today

There are 385 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 31, 2007, titled Pacers naming new coach today. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indiana Pacers have called a news conference for 5 p.m. today to name a new head coach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
HOOCH80

Columbus, IN

#410 Jun 4, 2007
Makai wrote:
<quoted text>
I would take that job everyday and twice on Sunday. Indiana fans are very self righteous. Fans can raise hell, it is just that their players have to be absolute angels.
Some players have problems but are ballers on the court. Some player have no problems but suck on the court. You cannot teach veterans how to play. Either they can play or not. The bottom line is that they need to know how to play the game first. You have got to start their. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know very quickly who is good player and who isn't.
I have three children two easy to deal with and one not so easy. I know how to deal with them all... just different.
well then i'd nominate you as next coach of pacers if Mr. O'Brien didn't beat you to it! but you did miss a point or two...while you had a point in that some of the "ballers" feel no reprocussions or remorse , there ARE still quite a few no-maintenence TOP notch players coming through the gauntlet these days...but are getting harder to find...the other's you speak of (su** on the court) generally don't make it to the NBA.But back to your original statement...you coaching the Pacers.. That WOULD Beeee Excellent reality show TV!@! anybody with me here???you could give some wannabe coach a 1 yr. contract for 50,000 with the intention going in that you're JUST after the pick in the draft the following year & you aim to be the worst team in the league(not that that guarantee's the #1 pick..but you still should do well)so yyea...I'm witch 'ya bro...we tell big JIM to wait until after this next year & we'll hire you for this coming season...if nothing else it'll make for funny TV & get us a good lottery pick as well///WIN-WIN!!WHOO HOO

Since: Jan 07

Ledgewood, NJ

#411 Jun 5, 2007
HOOCH80 wrote:
<quoted text>well then i'd nominate you as next coach of pacers if Mr. O'Brien didn't beat you to it! but you did miss a point or two...while you had a point in that some of the "ballers" feel no reprocussions or remorse , there ARE still quite a few no-maintenence TOP notch players coming through the gauntlet these days...but are getting harder to find...the other's you speak of (su** on the court) generally don't make it to the NBA.But back to your original statement...you coaching the Pacers.. That WOULD Beeee Excellent reality show TV!@! anybody with me here???you could give some wannabe coach a 1 yr. contract for 50,000 with the intention going in that you're JUST after the pick in the draft the following year & you aim to be the worst team in the league(not that that guarantee's the #1 pick..but you still should do well)so yyea...I'm witch 'ya bro...we tell big JIM to wait until after this next year & we'll hire you for this coming season...if nothing else it'll make for funny TV & get us a good lottery pick as well///WIN-WIN!!WHOO HOO
O---kay... name a player to support your point.
HOOCH80

Columbus, IN

#413 Jun 8, 2007
Makai wrote:
<quoted text>
O---kay... name a player to support your point.
...ok since you asked I'll start with a former & present Spur...David Robinson (military ..NEVER seen a lick of trouble in his life) & leads me to Tim Duncan..theres S. Nash , R. Miller (retired) and im only listing players that have done TIME in the league..pretty much ALL the foreign guys stay out of trouble & listen to the authority..Dirk...Manu..R. Smits (retired),Parker (french) & these are just some of the stars...the backup list would be real long for the EGO doesn't get as large when you're a back-up...NEED MORE?????
HOOCH80

Columbus, IN

#414 Jun 8, 2007
as for the newer players its very hard to judge on such limited exposure..but LeBron SEEMS to be a class act , I like Boozer in Utah alot , A. kirelinko as well (prob. misspelled)...rebuttal...COAC? ???
HOOCH80

Columbus, IN

#415 Jun 8, 2007
sorry COACH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Shaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA Lakers Are Best Landing Spot for Quincy Mill... (Nov '14) Nov '14 LAKER4LIFE 1
News Phil Jackson to advise Pistons on coaching hire (May '13) Aug '13 Raj Human at Nature 2
News Pacers expect offseason changes after playoff run (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 1
News Lakers Rumors: Who Should Replace Mike Brown If... (Aug '12) Aug '12 sam 2
News Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
News L.A. Lakers: A Lesson in Mismanagement - How No... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Tengis 1
News Charles Barkley's advice for Minnesota Timberwo... (Jul '09) Jun '11 Sammy 17
More from around the web