Pacers naming new coach today

The Indiana Pacers have called a news conference for 5 p.m. today to name a new head coach. Full Story
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Pacers Fan

Bloomington, IN

#1 May 31, 2007
It seems like it will be a younger unproven coach. It would have been nice to have Van Gundy, but at least now we can finally get our new coach and move on with this great franchise.
Adam

Bloomington, IN

#2 May 31, 2007
I think it's going to be Boylan, the assistant to Skiles in Chicago. Could be wrong though... guess we'll know in about an hour.
Old Roy

Lexington, KY

#3 May 31, 2007
Sounds like a who's who of coaching talent. Not.
Ray

Mchenry, IL

#4 May 31, 2007
Boylan or Shaw, I'd say. It may not matter. You know the old saying when it comes to sports, "You gotta have the horses." Right now, the Pacers don't, save for maybe four guys.
Justin

United States

#6 May 31, 2007
Carlile was a good coach. Other things need to change.
Sean

Lebanon, IN

#7 May 31, 2007
Gotta love those Celtics connections
Help Us

Indianapolis, IN

#8 May 31, 2007
This is a horrible move. We need someone young, who is up and coming. No one will want to play for a guy that isn't a proven winner. This shows you that no one wants to babysit these guys we have here. This team is going NO WHERE!
Carl

Noblesville, IN

#9 May 31, 2007
O'Brien is a ballsy, hard-nosed basketball coach. He will make the Pacers competitive, at least till we got some real ballers in the mold of Artest and Jackson, sans lousy attitude and flaky 5-cent brains. After that, The Pacers will be in the upper-echeleon.
Eric

Indianapolis, IN

#10 May 31, 2007
Jim O'Brien??!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O.
Adam

Bloomington, IN

#11 May 31, 2007
Jim O'Brien??? Forget left field, that one came from the parking lot.
woo hoo

Collinsville, MS

#12 May 31, 2007
A mediocre coach (at best) for a mediocre team (at best). A perfect match. I guess we couldn't really expect a coach with any talent or ambition to want to coach such a young mess of a team.

I'm sorry, but this team is flat-out unwatchable. I've been a Pacers fan my entire life, and I love basketball, but the Pacers and the entire NBA by-and-large has really fallen a long way.
Corporate Greed

Green Bay, WI

#13 May 31, 2007
Jim Obrien? Pacers really scraping down deep.
Everyman

Louisville, KY

#14 May 31, 2007
It's Jim O'Brien. WHY???
BradF

Indianapolis, IN

#15 May 31, 2007
Let's go ahead and fire Bird now
Who Cares

Indianapolis, IN

#16 May 31, 2007
Does it really matter who your coach is in the NBA? Just roll a ball out on the court and let them run. I guess the biggest part of the job is managing the egos on the team.
Kyle

United States

#17 May 31, 2007
Bird just set us back another 5 years. I believe its time for Bird and Walsh to set down. Terrible choice.
Kirby

Indianapolis, IN

#18 May 31, 2007
IF this is the choice, they should have kept Carlisle and cleaned house and rebuilt with some players of good character.

Sorry, that was wishful thinking - players of good character.
BradF

Indianapolis, IN

#19 May 31, 2007
Carl: Put down the pipe
Carl wrote:
O'Brien is a ballsy, hard-nosed basketball coach. He will make the Pacers competitive, at least till we got some real ballers in the mold of Artest and Jackson, sans lousy attitude and flaky 5-cent brains. After that, The Pacers will be in the upper-echeleon.
Mr Verity

Danville, IN

#20 May 31, 2007
It's Jim O'Brien, formerly coach of the Celtics.

My first impression is unfavorable. Bird has just picked another of the Boston buddies, rather than really looking for the right man.

But maybe he'll be OK. I disliked Carlisle and am happy for the change.
Jeremy

Indianapolis, IN

#21 May 31, 2007
NBA=WWE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Shaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Lakers Are Best Landing Spot for Quincy Mill... Nov '14 LAKER4LIFE 1
Phil Jackson to advise Pistons on coaching hire (May '13) Aug '13 Raj Human at Nature 2
Pacers expect offseason changes after playoff run (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 1
Lakers Rumors: Who Should Replace Mike Brown If... (Aug '12) Aug '12 sam 2
Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
L.A. Lakers: A Lesson in Mismanagement - How No... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Tengis 1
Charles Barkley's advice for Minnesota Timberwo... (Jul '09) Jun '11 Sammy 17
More from around the web