Orlando Magic trade guard Keith Bogan to Milwaukee Bucks for Ty...

There are 20 comments on the Feb 5, 2009, Orlando Sentinel story titled Orlando Magic trade guard Keith Bogan to Milwaukee Bucks for Ty.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Tyronn Lue of the Orlando Magic drives to the basket during the game against the Los Angeles Clippers on November 15, 2003 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Austin

Gainesville, FL

#1 Feb 5, 2009
Good pickup considering we only really had Bogans and Cook to offer.
Jeremy

Orlando, FL

#2 Feb 5, 2009
This is a terrible trade. Not because of who we gave up, but because of who we got. Bogans was the most tradeable guy on the Magic's roster and he would have definately been gone before the deadline, but Otis should have waited until closer to the deadline and tried to get a guy like Reymond Felton or Earl Watson. Another terrible Otis Smith trade. Just what Magic fans need to see when they are trying to stay positive, the PG from our 21-61 team. Awesome.
The Man

Miamisburg, OH

#3 Feb 5, 2009
Ehhh....I don't know how I feel about this. I guess he'll be more of an insurance policy in case AJ gets hurt.
Brian

Orlando, FL

#4 Feb 5, 2009
Tyronn Lue is a terrible point guard. Why couldn't we go after Keyon Dooling in New Jersey?

Tyronn Lue is absolutely not the answer to the point guard problem, not at all. This is a horrible trade.
JGJ

Orlando, FL

#5 Feb 5, 2009
Jeremy wrote:
This is a terrible trade. Not because of who we gave up, but because of who we got. Bogans was the most tradeable guy on the Magic's roster and he would have definately been gone before the deadline, but Otis should have waited until closer to the deadline and tried to get a guy like Reymond Felton or Earl Watson. Another terrible Otis Smith trade. Just what Magic fans need to see when they are trying to stay positive, the PG from our 21-61 team. Awesome.
Earl Watson is the most underrated PG in the league. When Seattle won 57 games 4-years ago, he was their floor leader and had a great assist-to-turnover ration. Man, it seems like the Magic didn't even try with this trade.

Also, someone please tell Yyronn Lue that corn rows are so 2001.
Reaper

Monroe, LA

#6 Feb 5, 2009
Austin wrote:
Good pickup considering we only really had Bogans and Cook to offer.
techinically we had more to offer but this whole thing about not messing with the chemistry was why otis did this. i mean we do loose a good defender in bogans. i would have thought jj was to go in a trade for a team that wants a shooter and would have been a choice to send to Mil for Lue around the same salary. i was looking more to see if we could trade for lowry since Memphis has tons of cap space. or may be watson in okc or ression from mil.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#7 Feb 5, 2009
Lue? ya thats gonna get you to the finals...hopefully Otis only made that trade because bogans wouldnt carry Nelsons bags, and ots called around the league and found out lue would do anything to get out of Milwaukee
Reaper

Monroe, LA

#8 Feb 5, 2009
Brian wrote:
Tyronn Lue is a terrible point guard. Why couldn't we go after Keyon Dooling in New Jersey?
Tyronn Lue is absolutely not the answer to the point guard problem, not at all. This is a horrible trade.
he does have a high percentage in 3pt fg per game its i think around 46 %. but i see it as a temp solution i think we should consider getting a pg/sg in the next draft.
derek

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 5, 2009
It's a good trade. Lue is more veteraned than when he was in the Magic last. He turns over little, and can run and shoot better than AJ. He's good with the pick and roll, and he shoots a very good 3P%. He'll have more freedom to shoot since he is getting all of Nelson's shot opportunities, or atleast a good amount of them. I think it makes sense when you look at his scouting report and combine it with the Magic's play. He can do half-court also well, when its slowed down by tougher Defenses of the league. What's the best of it? Magic got cash considerations also, and Lue's contract is expired after the season. So Magic will look at the end of the playoffs and decide if he was good enough or just drop him and use his would be new salary for other purposes, let the Nelson/AJ tandem come back. This is way better than getting a D Leaguer who would'nt have even been close as good as AJ has been also. Let's do it Magic, title is the goal.
The Man

Miamisburg, OH

#10 Feb 5, 2009
Jeremy wrote:
Give Otis a break. He's made a lot of unpopular decisions (most of which I originally thought were terrible), but most of them have turned out for the best.

He's earned a pass from me. We'll see how this turns out.
Bj Sisco

Leesburg, FL

#11 Feb 5, 2009
NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Bogans is the best player the Magic have that NEVER plays!

Bogans = Lue
mizz

Tampa, FL

#12 Feb 5, 2009
bad trade. would have liked to have white chocolate aka jason williams. tyron lue is horrible!
Melissa

San Diego, CA

#13 Feb 5, 2009
Catch up with the times - if you've seen Lue play in the past year, he doesn't have corn rows anymore. He is a serviceable PG and one that can run pick n rolls. Thats what this Magic team thrives on and we need someone that can help facilitate that type of offense. I hate to see Bogans go again but we have to look out for the future of this franchise. We might not be contenders this year for a title but we're on the cusp so its better to get Jameer healed and on the right path to recovery.
JOSE PEREZ

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#14 Feb 5, 2009
OTIS, CA or KD are better than TL.
JGJ

Orlando, FL

#15 Feb 5, 2009
mizz wrote:
bad trade. would have liked to have white chocolate aka jason williams. tyron lue is horrible!
The Clippers still own his rights. He has to be retired for one year following the signing of his contract with LA before he is allowed back on the free agent market.
JGJ

Orlando, FL

#16 Feb 5, 2009
Melissa wrote:
Catch up with the times - if you've seen Lue play in the past year, he doesn't have corn rows anymore. He is a serviceable PG and one that can run pick n rolls. Thats what this Magic team thrives on and we need someone that can help facilitate that type of offense. I hate to see Bogans go again but we have to look out for the future of this franchise. We might not be contenders this year for a title but we're on the cusp so its better to get Jameer healed and on the right path to recovery.
It was a joke... "MELISSA"
Reaper

Monroe, LA

#17 Feb 5, 2009
mizz wrote:
i guess you dont remember HE IS RETIRED. then again you might be a lil retarded so i dont know.
Bj Sisco

Leesburg, FL

#18 Feb 5, 2009
mizz wrote:
lue > williams

Stop with the williams stuff. Dudes broken and retired.
Former Orlando resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Feb 5, 2009
What is this crap? Lue brings back all the bad memories of that Magic team that only won about 21 games a few years ago. Is this really the best they could go? Let's sign Juwan Howard and Andrew Declerq too! Bring 'em all back!
Tiffany

United States

#20 Feb 5, 2009
Yo,that was a stupid trade

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA proceeding with plan to buy New Orleans Hor... (Dec '10) Dec '10 wtf 1
News These Arms Are Snakes to fly 'Dove' on road (Jun '09) Jun '09 offthedial dot ca 1
News The Lakers' Trevor Ariza is a handful for Orlan... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Water Boy 602
News Magic will see new and improved Ariza (Jun '09) Jun '09 ArizaIsAGameChanger 6
News Tuesday's game: Magic at Rockets, 8:30 (FSN) (Apr '09) Apr '09 Lou to the Rescue 7
News Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
News Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
More from around the web