SHELBURNE: Lakers have a 7-foot tall ...

SHELBURNE: Lakers have a 7-foot tall question mark

There are 10 comments on the LA Daily News story from Apr 28, 2009, titled SHELBURNE: Lakers have a 7-foot tall question mark. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The Lakers' Andrew Bynum, right, battles for a loose ball with Utah's Brevin Knight on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

apujac

Austin, TX

#1 Apr 28, 2009
bynum has lost his desire to play smart basketball. he does not read and react nor have any movements, perhaps the knee brace have something to do with it.
KBH

Grand Prairie, TX

#2 Apr 28, 2009
All that needs to be said is defense. U have to be intense on every possession. They won't win it otherwise. Kobe guard your man!!!

Since: Jan 09

San Jose, CA

#3 Apr 28, 2009
Right now the Lakers are better without Bynum. I hope this changes because the Lakers must be better than now to win it all. My current take on Bynum is that he lacks both physical and mental toughness. The mental part will hopefully come as he matures, but I'm worried about the physical part.
Kontra Lakers

Las PiƱas City, Philippines

#4 Apr 28, 2009
Excuses, excuses! Bynum was rushed into playing too soon. I think Andrew should have started playing at the second round of the playoffs for a "complete heal" with just enough time to peak for the Finals grind. Just my two cents.
ken

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2009
bynum will be fine. it was good to not have to have him out there against utah. i cringed at the thought of getting him hurt by all the nasty tactics that utah has been able to get away with for years. i've always considered utah the celtics of the west, with out the championships. dirty classless and will do anything to win, and then act shocked because the refs finally call something against the. before this year is over and the rings are brought back to laker land we will see the true arrival of bynum. i say 15-18 points and 10-12 rebounds a game for the remainder of the playoffs.
Dr Len

New York, NY

#6 Apr 29, 2009
Dr Phil knows what he is doing.
Tertle

Mesa, AZ

#7 Apr 30, 2009
ken wrote:
bynum will be fine. it was good to not have to have him out there against utah. i cringed at the thought of getting him hurt by all the nasty tactics that utah has been able to get away with for years. i've always considered utah the celtics of the west, with out the championships. dirty classless and will do anything to win, and then act shocked because the refs finally call something against the. before this year is over and the rings are brought back to laker land we will see the true arrival of bynum. i say 15-18 points and 10-12 rebounds a game for the remainder of the playoffs.
Unlike the Shaq years, where he would bury his elbows into defenders, lay then out, and get the call.
elizabeth hewitt

United States

#8 May 1, 2009
kobe is mvp,lebron only shoots the ball under the goal and he dont play no defense.he stands around biting his fingernails.he playing easy teams.i cant wait till he goes up against those tough teams.he not mvp .give credit were its due,kobe is mvp.
go lakers champs.
tomyupw

United States

#9 May 1, 2009
If Bynum would just focus on rebouding and blocking shots, he would avoid making silly fouls and get put on the bench. His teammates have to rotate faster, so the Lakers will not have to use Bynum so much as their last line of defense and cause him to get into foul trouble.
The Truth

Monrovia, CA

#10 May 3, 2009
Kids Bynum will be alright. He's thinking too much. That's why Phil Jackson has 9 rings and soon 10. He sat his azz down so he can watch the other players show him it's not the regular season anymore. The Laker players showed him this is the playoffs. Move it, move it and play D.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brevin Knight Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DATABASE: LAPD's Most Wanted (Apr '09) Apr '09 lakers355s 9
News Hughes' buzzer-beater lifts Bulls over Jazz (Nov '08) Nov '08 Nada Surf 81
News Clippers have Hart, Davis in the fold (Aug '08) Aug '08 California Kid 1
News Clippers get Hart in trade (Jul '08) Jul '08 AGfromLAHB 1
News Clippers trade for PG Jason Hart (Jul '08) Jul '08 badayu 2
News Ball doesn't bounce the Clippers' way (May '08) May '08 jcastillo 2
News Clippers' Thornton thinks he's still getting ro... (Mar '08) Mar '08 brad 1
More from around the web