Bulls stumble before half, never recover

Bulls stumble before half, never recover

There are 206 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 12, 2009, titled Bulls stumble before half, never recover. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Travis Outlaw had a season-high 33 points, Greg Oden scored 17 while grabbing 13 rebounds, and the Portland Trail Blazers beat the Bulls 109-95 on Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Chris Carr

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 12, 2009
How many wide open 3s can a team get in a game? That had to be a record of some kind. Losing this bad again to a non-playoff team like Portland at home continues to add to the Bulls' misery.

On the bright side, our defense looked pretty stellar with Deng, Hinrich, and Sefolosha for most of the 1st half. Thabo should have played more this game.
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#2 Jan 12, 2009
I haven't watched the game yet as I just got home, but I thought the Bulls would lose by somewhere between 60 and points.
This is very much a moral victory for them!

Since: Jan 09

West Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 12, 2009
lol
ANTI WILT THE STILT

Deerfield, IL

#5 Jan 12, 2009
moral victory my ass....kc not one mention of the crappy team johnny boy paxon has put together....fire the peter principle now......
Puba

Skokie, IL

#6 Jan 12, 2009
Chris Carr wrote:
How many wide open 3s can a team get in a game? That had to be a record of some kind. Losing this bad again to a non-playoff team like Portland at home continues to add to the Bulls' misery.
On the bright side, our defense looked pretty stellar with Deng, Hinrich, and Sefolosha for most of the 1st half. Thabo should have played more this game.
Losing's never fun, but Portland is probably a playoff team this year. The Bulls have plenty of things to be ashamed of this year, but losing to the Blazers isn't one of them.

Of course, there's a little extra sting in the fact that the Bulls' lousy drafting helped the Blazers get to where they are.
Nada Surf

#7 Jan 12, 2009
Puba wrote:
<quoted text>
Losing's never fun, but Portland is probably a playoff team this year. The Bulls have plenty of things to be ashamed of this year, but losing to the Blazers isn't one of them.
Of course, there's a little extra sting in the fact that the Bulls' lousy drafting helped the Blazers get to where they are.
It's payback for Portland's lousy drafting that greatly helped the Bulls to six titles.
Tiffany

United States

#8 Jan 12, 2009
larry only got 4 points,this sh!t is crazy,i can see why they lost
Nada Surf

#9 Jan 12, 2009
This will be one of the final times you see Larry on the court in a Bulls uniform.
Tiffany

United States

#10 Jan 12, 2009
no it wont,if the bulls were smart,they'd keep him
Ron

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 12, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
This will be one of the final times you see Larry on the court in a Bulls uniform.
I sure hope so. While they're at it, they should try to get Nocioni, Gray and Noah on another team.
RAD

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 12, 2009
I don't think even the 99-2000-01 Bulls would have even hypothetically lost to OKC at home... I can't watch for a minimum 15 games... this is brutal.
Jay

Littleton, CO

#13 Jan 12, 2009
Can't always rely on too much jump shot. The bulls are too small, don't have a legitimate low post player, and play bad defense. I feel bad for Nocioni and Rose because every night thet show the energy, emotion, and committment to play the game.

B. Gordon is a talented scorer but not on a consistent basis, too small and can't play defense. If he denied any offer from the bulls just let him go. Pax please make some good trades!!!!!!!!
chris

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jan 12, 2009
What a joke. Here's how you answer any question that's asked of you Bulls players: "We suck." That's it. We know it. You know it. Stop pretending.
Tiffany

United States

#15 Jan 12, 2009
larry dont suck
jhill

Tallassee, AL

#16 Jan 12, 2009
until the bulls find a coach, they will not improve. again and again the bulls seem to have something going during a game, with a good defensive group on the floor, and then vinny falls back in love with ben gordon and puts him back into the game. this happens despite the fact that gordon is having a poor offensive game, is turning the ball over with regularity and is playing his usual matador defense. the young players on this team never get into any kind of comfort zone and cannot develop any sense of cohesion. bringing in different players through trade or the draft will not solve the problem, because they will be just as lost in this non-system and just as frustrated with their inability to find regular playing time. don't look for rose to get any better either--he will only get worse with no coaching to aid in his development.
paxson needs to go and vinny must go with him.
Jaxson

Vancouver, WA

#17 Jan 12, 2009
"Losing this bad again to a non-playoff team like Portland"

Ok, and the Bulls lost by 42 last time, Portland is 9 games above .500, currently has the 5th playoff spot in the Western Conference and is 1.5 games out from 3rd.

Not so shabby.
Tiffany

United States

#18 Jan 12, 2009
larry will always improve
Chris Carr

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 12, 2009
Jaxson wrote:
"Losing this bad again to a non-playoff team like Portland"
Ok, and the Bulls lost by 42 last time, Portland is 9 games above .500, currently has the 5th playoff spot in the Western Conference and is 1.5 games out from 3rd.
Not so shabby.
They are also 1 game from being 9th place in the west. They pulled this trick last year and many thought they were sure to make the playoffs, then folded down the stretch. They haven't made the playoffs in some time and until they do, they are a non-playoff team.
John Anthony

United States

#20 Jan 12, 2009
I had no idea Del Negro had no clue on how to coach defense...
Armstrong

Chicago, IL

#21 Jan 12, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
larry dont suck
Larry does suck. And blow, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Roy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brandon Roy: Three Reasons Why The New York Kni... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Charliebrwn23 2
News Trail Blazers finally part ways with injured Gr... (Mar '12) Mar '12 resiak 1
News Brandon Roy: Why He Should Make His Comeback wi... (Mar '12) Mar '12 resiak 1
News Pacers Step Toward Hiring Kevin Pritchard (Jul '11) Jul '11 Coach Eddie Fratzah 1
News Overachieving Blazers winning despite injuries (Feb '11) Feb '11 Peter 1
News Aldridge ties career high with 36 in Blazers win (Dec '10) Dec '10 Aliceheart 1
News Blazers will let Oden test free agency | Buckey... (Nov '10) Nov '10 ImUrPO 2
More from around the web