Magic hold on to defeat Trail Blazers...

Magic hold on to defeat Trail Blazers 101-94

There are 45 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 19, 2008, titled Magic hold on to defeat Trail Blazers 101-94. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic nearly began the second half of the season the way they ended the first half.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“He shoot a 61.”

Since: Oct 07

Winter Park

#50 Jan 20, 2008
Jim wrote:
My prediction is..everyone hold onto your hats.... that the Magic will beat the Pistons tomorrow night. Their energy level will be up for this one. Plus right now they are catching Detroit in the middle of a little funk. I also think it will benefit them not having Jameer play in this one. And he should not try to play if his foot is still hurting. Don't try to be a hero and instead wind up being a liability on the court.
I think that loss to Charlotte where they blew a 19 point lead served as a wake up call.
The important thing against Detroit is to come out and get a big lead and keep pouring it on.
In a way this will be sort of like a playoff game for the Magic where they can get a little peek at where they are going against the best in the East. No disrespect to Boston, but I think Detroit is the best in the East.
My God Jim we agree..........
nanningbob

Adelaide, Australia

#51 Jan 20, 2008
GO PACK GO PACK :)

If our guards could ever slow down Detroit's guards we have a chance. Until then uuuuuhhhhhhhhh .......... Nelson/Carlos/Dooling versus Chauncey gonna be tough. Hope Detroit's guard have a bad night.
Jackson

Henderson, NV

#52 Jan 20, 2008
Jackson

Henderson, NV

#53 Jan 20, 2008
sorry did not realize how old the article was
O-Magic

Houston, TX

#54 Jan 21, 2008
Mitchell UK wrote:
The Magic did ok last night. Yes, they led by 21 at one stage, and Portland nearly got back into it, but people should have realised now that the NBA is a game of tides - rarely does a team jump out to a 20 point lead early and maintain it the whole way. Losing teams rally, and it is up to the leading team to repel them. We didn't do that against Charlotte, but we did against Portland.
The defensive intensity is still needed for the full 48 minutes, but the Magic played a lot of outstanding defensive possessions last night. They protected the lane well, and forced the Blazers to be a jump shooting team. Some of the shots Portland hit to stay within touching distance - Brandon Roy and Martell Webster in particular - were incredibly tough shots. All in all, the Magic did a good job, but I was screaming at the TV in the last couple of minutes with those 3 straight turnovers. Two utter bonehead plays by Hedo, and that terrible pass by Keyon.
Speaking of Dooling, I thought he was excellent last night. He played like a point guard, looking to set up team-mates, but penetrating and being aggressive when required.
Also, nice job by Mo Evans and Keith Bogans. Roy ended up with 25, yes, but he barely got any open looks. Great players make those shots, but Evans and Bogans contested everything and made his life difficult all night.
Also, Brian Cook is really starting to convince me he can be a contributor on this team. I don't think it is out of the question for us to get 10ppg and 5rpg in 20 mins a night from him, if he continues to play with the heart he has shown over the last week.
I'm really not sure what you guys are talking about when questioning Dwight's energy. He was aggressive on the boards and with his shot blocking last night. Offensively he was not a big factor, primarily because the Blazers sagged off to try and take him out of the game. Orlando recognised this and took advantage by attacking them from other areas. He didn't get greatly involved on the offensive end because the Magic didn't try and force it through him.
Good Points Mitchell as always...

With the TEAM we have right now...If we play together and have a great defensive game, WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY! We lose because we lose energy and consistency on the court and that is what we are buildign right now. We can win easily tonight if we play right. But we falter in the 3/4th quarter where the PISTONS actually take over. If we play with energy and confidence for 48min we can beat them easily. We are young and they are old. We get too giddy when playing against thesse guys. If we are stable we are winning. Its the same song right now. Lewis/howard/hedo have to be 100%. If one of them are down, we are done. Dooling/Bogans has to bring his defensive energy too tonight to beat these guys.

I'm the Biggest Magic optimistic fan around. I'll still be up and running if we are on a 5 game losing streak. But I know for sure we have a much Better team this season and anything can happen. We are lacking confidence and consistency. PISTON are going DOWN TONIGHT! Just a feeling. But we all know its a game that MAGIC gets a free pass.
PS on stat note: I'm GLAD Arroyo is playing tonight and hopefully more minutes. Against Detroit we need a playmaker/pass first PG rather than offensive guy. Besides, Arroyo wants to beat them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Roy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brandon Roy: Three Reasons Why The New York Kni... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Charliebrwn23 2
News Trail Blazers finally part ways with injured Gr... (Mar '12) Mar '12 resiak 1
News Brandon Roy: Why He Should Make His Comeback wi... (Mar '12) Mar '12 resiak 1
News Pacers Step Toward Hiring Kevin Pritchard (Jul '11) Jul '11 Coach Eddie Fratzah 1
News Overachieving Blazers winning despite injuries (Feb '11) Feb '11 Peter 1
News Aldridge ties career high with 36 in Blazers win (Dec '10) Dec '10 Aliceheart 1
News Blazers will let Oden test free agency | Buckey... (Nov '10) Nov '10 ImUrPO 2
More from around the web