Who got the worst of it?

Who got the worst of it?

There are 4 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 17, 2007, titled Who got the worst of it?. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw accepted their one-game suspension with little criticism Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Gabe

Boston, MA

#1 May 17, 2007
Horry's a liar. Those suspensions were a mockery of fairness. I'm burning my Spurs cap. These spurs are not the spurs I loved circa the Admiral.
Proud Spurs Fan

United States

#2 May 17, 2007
That is so terribly unfair, you know the Spurs are the same as the David Robinson erra. They are being represented as a terribly unfair team because Nash embelished the foul...Look at the replay in slow motion, he dropped to the floor he was not hip checked to the floor or table. Yes, Horry should not have done that, but he did and it is over. The suns are just upset they are having to eat it instead of serving it!

A mockery of fairness is not suspending them when they clearly broke the rule. Rules are not inplace to be broken, but followed.
Mark

United States

#3 May 17, 2007
What I find interesting is that no one has publicly taken the next step based on the ruling... From this point on, teams can employ a new tactic that could be as famous as Hack-A-Shack. Why not continually put in subs to take cheap shots at the star on the apposing team. You may get your sub suspended, but you may take out the star with an injury and get some of the starters sitting on the bench suspended as well. Timing will be key. You have to put in a sub when starters of the apposing team are on the bench.(Wait, I guess that is common.) Next you have to make it flagrant enough to make them jump off the bench. What is that distance from their feet to the sideline? 18-24 inches?

Sounds less complicated and more productive than Hack-A-Shack to me.
Joe

Bloomington, IN

#4 May 17, 2007
To Proud Spurs Fan, I'm sorry this had to happen to get the NBA to wake up. That this suspension mess is not right. As a Pacers fan I have watch these untimely NBA suspensions ruin the team I supported.
Granted I believe that they were some how justified(Auburn Hills). And looking at some of the players involved(not very like-able). The length of it just killed this team. And to be truthful about the Brawl took place two years ago. And this year we are now just hitting rock bottom(No Play-Offs, No Draftpicks, and possibly JO leaving).
Because at the time we were straight-up blowing the Pistons out on their Home floor. After all these Crazy suspensions this is what we are left with. I'm sorry for suspensions to happen to a team everybody likes. At a time when it seems like the title was an after-thought. Maybe there will be a change, but for Suns fan to little to late.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boris Diaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... (May '14) May '14 Tim 5
News 2013 NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spur... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Peter Griffin21 2
News NBA Finals Preview, Prediction: Miami Heat vs S... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 2
News Tim Duncan stays with Spurs for 3 more years (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Spurs aim to take commanding 3-0 lead over Jazz (May '12) May '12 Anonymous 1
News Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
News Bobcats Beat Warriors 112-100 (Jan '12) Jan '12 dfgb 2
More from around the web