Source: NBA Suspends 2 Suns, 1 Spur

Source: NBA Suspends 2 Suns, 1 Spur

There are 57 comments on the Newsday story from May 15, 2007, titled Source: NBA Suspends 2 Suns, 1 Spur. In it, Newsday reports that:

Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire and teammate Boris Diaw have been suspended for one game for leaving the bench after Robert Horry's hard foul of Steve Nash in Game 4 of the Suns' Western Conference semifinal ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
unkown

Eugene, OR

#43 May 30, 2007
man that last game aginst the jazz was terrible
man how much did the SA spurs pay the refs?
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#44 May 31, 2007
unkown wrote:
give me a break, like the jazz had any chance of beating the spurs in a seven game series... EVERY SINGLE matchup between the spurs and jazz was in san antonio's favor. and i hate the spurs- but they have my respect.

nba finals - spurs 4 & pistons 1.
GoSpursGo

San Antonio, TX

#45 May 31, 2007
unkown wrote:
Isn't it amazing. The Sun(whiners) are still crying "foul". They can't admit their team was only the 3rd best in the Western conference. Go ahead blame it on the refs "giving" the Sprus the title. If that makes you feel better about your team that couldn't compete, then go ahead. Afterall, we all know that there was ONLY one game that counted for you guys--that was the one your lost your thugs to suspensions. The other games didn't count at all, right. Let me see, there are a possible 7 games in a series. If you lose one (based on your warped brain) because your "best" players are suspended, that still leaves you 6 to win and last time I looked it only took 4 to win the series--SO WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE(s) for the other losses. Oh yeah, I almost forgot--refs. They couldn't call a game on a bet right? The Spurs cheated because they paid the refs, right? Keep thinking that and we'll whip your butts every year. Hey, hey, hey, GOOD BYE.
Cowboy

United States

#46 May 31, 2007
BBall is a sport wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Spurs want to win that way then they can take the series. But don't be surprised when players like Horry plague your team. The Suns have been an stand up team since back in the day. They do not tolerate players like Horry. And definitely do not be surprised if Phoenix still takes this win back. Look at all the comments from around the United States. AMAZING HUH! Don't see too many people approving of the Spurs style of game lately. Use what god gave you!
Something to chew on
So the San Antonio Spurs have lots of haters, big deal so did the Los Angeles Lakers, the Chicago Bulls, the Boston Celtics, etc., when they were winning. All great teams have haters, if you’re Phoenix Suns could win a couple of championship they’d have hater too. By you making the statement that the Suns wouldn’t tolerate players like Robert Horry it’s evident that you don’t even know your own team. As much as I like Charles Barkley, he wasn’t exactly known as “The Saint” during his playing days and yes after the “Spitting Incident” he played for none other than your Suns. So next time be careful of what you write, some of us actually do read this and know what we’re talking about.

In the meantime, get over it, the Spurs won because of hard nose basketball, they didn’t need fancy passes behind the back to showcase their ability, their ability was showcased by becoming the Western Conference Champions!!

Something for you to ponder…..
PISTON

Detroit, MI

#47 May 31, 2007
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
give me a break, like the jazz had any chance of beating the spurs in a seven game series... EVERY SINGLE matchup between the spurs and jazz was in san antonio's favor. and i hate the spurs- but they have my respect.
nba finals - spurs 4 & pistons 1.
How can you hate the Spurs and still respect them. It's like reversing Pluto being a Planet. And ur prediction about the pistons being in the Finals is a compliment...just don't like the results of it. Hey, could be King James and company. Didn't the Pistons beat the Lakers 4-1 and everyone said oh it was a fluke or better yet "Shaq and Kobe were having beef with each other and lost focus". Whats next being alive and having a purpose is also a fluke.
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#48 May 31, 2007
PISTON wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you hate the Spurs and still respect them. It's like reversing Pluto being a Planet. And ur prediction about the pistons being in the Finals is a compliment...just don't like the results of it. Hey, could be King James and company. Didn't the Pistons beat the Lakers 4-1 and everyone said oh it was a fluke or better yet "Shaq and Kobe were having beef with each other and lost focus". Whats next being alive and having a purpose is also a fluke.
sad to say, but the spurs are too good of a team. ESPECIALLY when detroit is struggling against those sorry-ass cavs. ALSO CURRENTLY, THE SPURS ARE PLAYING PERFECT BASKETBALL.

obviously i'm a lakers fan and i meant the 'hate' comment in a rivalry-esque context. besides, hating and respecting is not an oxymoron.

example 1: i can dislike a boxer like oscar de la hoya, but respect him for his abilities and work-ethic...

example 2: many hate kobe bryant's personality, but they'd be a fool to not RESPECT his bball skills.

-class dismissed.
Cowboy

United States

#49 Jun 1, 2007
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
sad to say, but the spurs are too good of a team. ESPECIALLY when detroit is struggling against those sorry-ass cavs. ALSO CURRENTLY, THE SPURS ARE PLAYING PERFECT BASKETBALL.
obviously i'm a lakers fan and i meant the 'hate' comment in a rivalry-esque context. besides, hating and respecting is not an oxymoron.
example 1: i can dislike a boxer like oscar de la hoya, but respect him for his abilities and work-ethic...
example 2: many hate kobe bryant's personality, but they'd be a fool to not RESPECT his bball skills.
-class dismissed.
As a San Antonio Spurs fan, I thank you for the compliments to the team I root for. You don’t have to explain what you meant; I know exactly what you’re saying. We sport fans tend to use the word “hate” when in reality we should be saying “dislike.” In the spirit of competition players take the field, shake hands, say hello, stand around, chat for a while, and when the game is over they congratulate each other. What do true haters do? They display their ignorance by throwing stuff onto the playing field, booing the referees, calling the opposing players names, and then jump on a forum and commence to blast away at the team’s fan base. As you stated,“as sport fans we can dislike a team, but we also give credit where credit is due!!” Go luck with your Lakers!!
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#50 Jun 1, 2007
Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
As a San Antonio Spurs fan, I thank you for the compliments to the team I root for. You don’t have to explain what you meant; I know exactly what you’re saying. We sport fans tend to use the word “hate” when in reality we should be saying “dislike.” In the spirit of competition players take the field, shake hands, say hello, stand around, chat for a while, and when the game is over they congratulate each other. What do true haters do? They display their ignorance by throwing stuff onto the playing field, booing the referees, calling the opposing players names, and then jump on a forum and commence to blast away at the team’s fan base. As you stated,“as sport fans we can dislike a team, but we also give credit where credit is due!!” Go luck with your Lakers!!
well said. those spurs are scary good.

totally off subject BUT... chargers stadium in chula vista or o'side???(i'm also a huge bolts fan)
stat

Phoenix, AZ

#51 Jun 3, 2007
GoSpursGo wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it amazing. The Sun(whiners) are still crying "foul". They can't admit their team was only the 3rd best in the Western conference. Go ahead blame it on the refs "giving" the Sprus the title. If that makes you feel better about your team that couldn't compete, then go ahead. Afterall, we all know that there was ONLY one game that counted for you guys--that was the one your lost your thugs to suspensions. The other games didn't count at all, right. Let me see, there are a possible 7 games in a series. If you lose one (based on your warped brain) because your "best" players are suspended, that still leaves you 6 to win and last time I looked it only took 4 to win the series--SO WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE(s) for the other losses. Oh yeah, I almost forgot--refs. They couldn't call a game on a bet right? The Spurs cheated because they paid the refs, right? Keep thinking that and we'll whip your butts every year. Hey, hey, hey, GOOD BYE.
good point... The Suns also got screwed in game 1 as well. When Nash got hurt and had to miss the end of the game. I know that is still only two games and there is still five games left in a seven game series. So the game of suspensions and when nash got hurt are two bad luck games.

It still would have been nice not to of had those problems. I'm not saying the Spurs did not deserve to win it, I just would have liked to see a more balanced series and I'm sure it would have went seven.
QUEEN JAMES

Detroit, MI

#52 Jun 3, 2007
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
-class dismissed.
Whatever Lakers...so is Kobe gonna stay and rebuild with the Lakers...To much trash talking going on. I'm about to go on a rampage if I here James is better that Kobe. Oh, they think Lebron led his team to the Finals and that Kobe needed Shaq. Bunch of wackos.
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#53 Jun 3, 2007
QUEEN JAMES wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever Lakers...so is Kobe gonna stay and rebuild with the Lakers...To much trash talking going on. I'm about to go on a rampage if I here James is better that Kobe. Oh, they think Lebron led his team to the Finals and that Kobe needed Shaq. Bunch of wackos.
piston/queen james etc...

kobe isn't going anywhere. the lakers management promised kobe some things that haven't happened yet. and i emphasize yet...

i have no problem with lebron, i think he's quite the baller and a likeable guy. he just needs to do a little more (win rings) to be at kobe's level. just as kobe needs to do more to be where michael jordan's was at.

what about the pistons? who's gone this summer? prince?(compton-ians would love him) billups?(LA would love him)
Cowboy

United States

#54 Jun 4, 2007
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
well said. those spurs are scary good.
totally off subject BUT... chargers stadium in chula vista or o'side???(i'm also a huge bolts fan)
Charger Talk: For your sake and distance, let’s them build it here in Oceanside. I really couldn’t tell you partner, I’m a lost transit from Texas (seriously, I’m a Jarhead stationed aboard Camp Pendleton).
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#55 Jun 4, 2007
Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Charger Talk: For your sake and distance, let’s them build it here in Oceanside. I really couldn’t tell you partner, I’m a lost transit from Texas (seriously, I’m a Jarhead stationed aboard Camp Pendleton).
okay, just wondering what your thoughts were because north county/oside is all mixed up about it.

i'm actually glad it's not pistons vs SA... it should be fun to watch!

btw, thanks for your service to our country!
Cowboy

United States

#56 Jun 5, 2007
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
okay, just wondering what your thoughts were because north county/oside is all mixed up about it.
i'm actually glad it's not pistons vs SA... it should be fun to watch!
btw, thanks for your service to our country!
Know what you mean, today the stadium is in Chula Vista, tomorrow it’s in Oceanside, why because there’s a lot of money involved and everyone wants a piece of the pie. If I had a say on this I’d built the stadium in Oceanside (halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles), I believe the Charger fan base would increase and that would mean more money for everyone. If the City of San Diego is not careful you might be seeing your Chargers move to another city or State!! Not insulting your intelligence because I don’t know how much Charger history you know but they were the Los Angeles Chargers at one point.

As for the match up, I personally wanted to see a rematch between the Pistons and the San Antonio Spurs but as you stated new blood is always fun to watch.

Thanks, but please pray for those that are serving overseas!!
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#57 Jun 5, 2007
Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Know what you mean, today the stadium is in Chula Vista, tomorrow it’s in Oceanside, why because there’s a lot of money involved and everyone wants a piece of the pie. If I had a say on this I’d built the stadium in Oceanside (halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles), I believe the Charger fan base would increase and that would mean more money for everyone. If the City of San Diego is not careful you might be seeing your Chargers move to another city or State!! Not insulting your intelligence because I don’t know how much Charger history you know but they were the Los Angeles Chargers at one point.
As for the match up, I personally wanted to see a rematch between the Pistons and the San Antonio Spurs but as you stated new blood is always fun to watch.
Thanks, but please pray for those that are serving overseas!!
yeah, the good old LA Chargers, thanks to paris hilton's grandfather (crazy)...
i'm 99.9% sure that the SD chargers will remain somewhere in SD county. HOWEVER, i was born and raised in LA, lived and worked in vista(!) for eight years, and now live in the south OC... so i would have NO problem if the chargers became the Southern California Super Chargers. that would be sweet...

and those soldiers serving overseas are definitely in my thoughts...
queebugadee

Londonderry, NH

#58 Jun 9, 2007
All you idiot Spurs fans just man-up and get some balls and admit the Spurs got a huge break, and David Stern's job could be run by a chimp. You may have written it somewhere in your several posts, but forgive me for not sifting through all your crap. I thought Laker fans were classless pieces of shit, but you take the cake. I always had respect for the Spurs and their fans until this year. I live in VT and the only teams around here suck a big one (Knicks, Celts, Nets etc...) and as a neutral fan, I'm apalled at what the NBA has become, and the ratings for the finals should show that only Cleveland and SA will be watching tomorrow. SOPRANOS FINALE TOMORROW BABY! QUEEBUGADEE!
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#59 Jun 9, 2007
queebugadee wrote:
All you idiot Spurs fans just man-up and get some balls and admit the Spurs got a huge break, and David Stern's job could be run by a chimp. You may have written it somewhere in your several posts, but forgive me for not sifting through all your crap. I thought Laker fans were classless pieces of shit, but you take the cake. I always had respect for the Spurs and their fans until this year. I live in VT and the only teams around here suck a big one (Knicks, Celts, Nets etc...) and as a neutral fan, I'm apalled at what the NBA has become, and the ratings for the finals should show that only Cleveland and SA will be watching tomorrow. SOPRANOS FINALE TOMORROW BABY! QUEEBUGADEE!
to whom exactly are you addressing this nonsense?

sounds like you need a hug from your life-partner. go find him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boris Diaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... (May '14) May '14 Tim 5
News 2013 NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spur... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Peter Griffin21 2
News NBA Finals Preview, Prediction: Miami Heat vs S... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 2
News Tim Duncan stays with Spurs for 3 more years (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Spurs aim to take commanding 3-0 lead over Jazz (May '12) May '12 Anonymous 1
News Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
News Bobcats Beat Warriors 112-100 (Jan '12) Jan '12 dfgb 2
More from around the web