Source: NBA Suspends 2 Suns, 1 Spur

Source: NBA Suspends 2 Suns, 1 Spur

There are 57 comments on the Newsday story from May 15, 2007, titled Source: NBA Suspends 2 Suns, 1 Spur. In it, Newsday reports that:

Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire and teammate Boris Diaw have been suspended for one game for leaving the bench after Robert Horry's hard foul of Steve Nash in Game 4 of the Suns' Western Conference semifinal ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mary Collins

Phoenix, AZ

#1 May 15, 2007
The Spurs did such a bad foul, and the Suns get penalized. What a JOKE.
Trey

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#2 May 15, 2007
What about in the 2nd quarter when Duncan and Bowen came off the bench after the Elson dunk when he attempted to go at James Jones? If STAT and Diaw get suspended, then so should those two for that.
Die_Horry

Tempe, AZ

#3 May 15, 2007
What a pile of crap. How unfair. I'd wager that Popp set all this up. Way to go, cheaters.
Mandy Johnson

Scottsdale, AZ

#4 May 15, 2007
This is the most UNFAIR of anything i have ever seen in the NBA!!!!! Robert Horey cause this!!!!! The Suns only reacted to see if their team mate Steve was ok!!!! To remove two of the most important players is all wrong!!! Horey should be the only one punished here!!!!

Thank you,

Mandy Johnson
nba_sucks

Plano, TX

#5 May 15, 2007
I live in Texas, so since Houston and Dallas are eliminated I should be a Spurs fan, right? Not way. And I will no longer watch the playoffs since the league suspended the Suns players like this. I can't support a league who fixes playoff outcomes in this way. Go to hell, nba.
luv haters

San Antonio, TX

#7 May 15, 2007
go spurs go ,rules r rules no excuses . u won the game stop whining
question

Phoenix, AZ

#9 May 15, 2007
i was told tim duncan would have to sit out for a game to..
is that wrong?? im guessing so since its not listed on any of the articles.

GO SUNS!!!
unkown

Eugene, OR

#10 May 15, 2007
this is so retarted the suns best players get suspened because of the cheap foul. tim duncan did the same thing and nothin happened to him. i dont think the nba is bein fare this time. this is the worst suspension call ive ever seen!
unkown

Eugene, OR

#11 May 15, 2007
luv haters wrote:
do you really think amare and diaw should of gotten suspened for that? i dont think so after what #5 did!
unkown

Eugene, OR

#12 May 15, 2007
luv haters wrote:
well now were goin to suck because of that and lose the playoff games that not fair for that syupid call
SUNS

Phoenix, AZ

#13 May 15, 2007
Sent to the NBA-
AFTER THE FLAGRANT FOUL BODY CHECK ON STEVE NASH, ROBERT HORRY IS EJECTED. BUT THEN, THE NBA DECIDES TO LOSE THE RESPECT PEOPLE HAD FOR THAT MOVE WHEN THEY SUSPEND AMARE STOUDEMIRE AND BORIS DIAW..WHATTTTTTT? TWO PLAYERS WHO DID NOTHING- DIDNT GO AFTER SPURS PLAYERS OR ANYTHING- YET GOT SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF A RIDICULOUS RULE THAT I THOUGHT WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE TEAMS LIKE SAN ANTONIO GET PENALIZED.. BUT WAIT INSTEAD IT PENALIZES THE PHOENIX SUNS. RIDICULOUSLY LUDICRIOUS DECISION THE NBA MADE. HOW ABOUT SUSPENDING TIM DUNCAN THEN FOR GOING ON THE COURT???
yaknow

Peoria, AZ

#14 May 15, 2007
The NBA is becoming a joke in itself. That suspension was crap, and Horry is a joke. If the Suns lose the series... no more NBA for me. I'd rather watch pro wrestling,... atleast they know that you know that it's fixed.
SunsFan 01

United States

#15 May 15, 2007
luv haters wrote:
Rules are Rules! SHUT the hell up FOOL!!
People like you are RETARDED F*&^% the Spurs, Duncan,
Manu, Parker, and coach poppy they are all dirty
players and they will go down as DIRTY ASS BITCHES!!
If you were I would body check you or kick you in the
ankle or maybe knee you in the balls sound like anyone you KNOW! OH Ya They Your San Antonio Spurs!
Screw you and the F%^&*ING Spurs.
ignition23

Philippines

#16 May 15, 2007
worst playoff suspension in NBA history, a game 5 with a 2-2 series
DIRTY SPURS

Phoenix, AZ

#17 May 15, 2007
PLEASE, spurs fans be realistic your team is VERY VERY DIRTY TEAM and I'm not saying this because I'm a Phoenix Suns fan is because I've seen the DIRTY TEAM play dirty. Come on admitted the only reason the Spurs have been winning is because of all the DIRTY plays they have made. ADMITTED, Stop being Spurs fans for one minute and think about it!!!!
sun til grave

Bulgaria

#18 May 16, 2007
Boy , i would just LOVE if Pat Burke slaughters tony parker or vaughn right infront of the bitches bench.
jasonsuns1

Denton, TX

#19 May 16, 2007
Wow, Stu Jackson is a joke. It's decisions like this that make fans turn away from the nba. To punish someone for reacting to someone else doing something wrong is pretty narrow thinking. I wonder if Stern and Jackson even spent 10 minutes writing this rule, it's just so narrow and inept. But, this was to be expected, remember these 2 guys are the same 2 that tried to switch out the nba basketball with a piece of sh.. ball and then tried to sell it in stores for 2 to 3 times the price of a non-official nba ball. They're crooks, they need to be held responsible by people with common sense, but apparently, they can do pretty much what they want. If the Suns lose this series, it'll be talked about for years as the year the nba screwed over phoenix. There is little doubt that close to, or tied to the best phoenix team they've ever assembled.

“Is It Football Season Yet?!!”

Since: Apr 07

DC

#20 May 16, 2007
Phuk David Stern, phuk Stu Jackson, phuk San Antonio, and phuk everyone else you thinks this was a warranted suspension! Are the Suns cursed or what?! Every postseason it's something! Well, there's nothing left to do except hope that EVERYONE steps up tonight and smacks the Spurs in their collective mouths! A cornered animal is always the most dangerous and we've been put in this precarious position by the NBA and the San Antonio's underhanded tactics. LET'S MAN UP AND GET THIS WIN AND SHOW THE WORLD THAT NOTHING CAN STOP OUR RUN TO THE RING!!!!!!!!!!
Suns Fan

Virginia Beach, VA

#21 May 16, 2007
luv haters wrote:
You are just proving to everybody that your team really are dirty players who doesn't belong in the NBA. SCREW you and your fellow idiot Spurs fans. Oh, and can you find that stupid idiot that had the sign "StoudeWhiner" and ask him who's the number one whining team in the league, also tell him to screw himself too!!
Proud Spurs Fan

United States

#22 May 16, 2007
We are very proud of our spurs. They are not a dirty team or a nasty playing team! We as a community are as upset as you are, in reference to Robert Horry's actions in game 4. As a city 90% of us are ashamed of Horry's actions, but get over it...
The NBA made the right call, a rule is a rule! The coaches were shown pushing the 2 players in question back off the court, what more evidence do you need to prove they were aware of the consiquences? As for the question of the 2nd quarter, there was no confrontaion, the Spurs players were simply checking to make sure their team-mate was ok, as the Suns did in game 1 when Nash and Parker ran into each other. You have to admit it may not be fair, but rules are rules. San Antonio is not whining about Horry being ejected, or being suspended for game 6 and 7.

If you ask me I think Robert Horry may have even made the biggest shot in his career...There is no doubt this gives us the edge, and isn't that what you want in the NBA FINALS?

You guys should learn how to compose the role models of Phoenix. Did you hear the language they used coming off the floor in SA, and you say they are a great team? If the Phoenix Suns would have stayed calm and collected they would have their 2 starters playing tonight.

The point is, it's their own falt for running on the floor and trying to get in the middle of something they had nothing to do with.

When you play in the NBA finals and don't expect physical toughness to be part of a game, you should not be playing at all!!!

Go SPURS Go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boris Diaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... (May '14) May '14 Tim 5
News 2013 NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spur... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Peter Griffin21 2
News NBA Finals Preview, Prediction: Miami Heat vs S... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 2
News Tim Duncan stays with Spurs for 3 more years (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Spurs aim to take commanding 3-0 lead over Jazz (May '12) May '12 Anonymous 1
News Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
News Bobcats Beat Warriors 112-100 (Jan '12) Jan '12 dfgb 2
More from around the web