NBA's bench-leaving rule in need of some tweeking

Picture this. Your wife is in labor, you've got to step up and drive her to the hospital. Full Story
lil pd

Lawrenceburg, TN

#1 May 23, 2007
I understand the bench-leaving rule, but what about playing dirty just to advance in the play-off. Hitting Nash was the only way the Spurs could beat the Suns. It was meant to hurt Nash and get him out of the way, but instead key players was suspended. Spurs knew they could not beat the Suns fair ao they tried a dirty blow which could have injured Nash for life.

This is not fair and it should be looked at. Who gave Robert (bad player) the go to do this. The NBA Commissioner needs to look at this more closely and kick Spurs out of playoff.

No one should try to injure another player for this reason. Because it could have been a more serious fall for Nash.
Basketball Dood

United States

#2 May 23, 2007
Cmon...First of all, Its the playoffs. Everyone tries harder the hits are harder. Nash was trying to run past Horry to run out the clock. Horry hip checked him hard which was a flagrant but thats the kind of series it was between the two. A bit of acting on Nash's side. Suns knew the rules but their plyers chose to ignore those rules. Horry was also suspended for 2 games. Game 6 should have been the Suns game. Horry wasnt playing, AND they had both of their other players in the game but could not capitalize on that. Game 5 they had the lead most of the game and blew it. Sorry bud, but the only one the Suns had to blame was themselves.
GoSpursGo

San Antonio, TX

#3 May 23, 2007
Good comments Basketball Dood. I just checked this blog to see HOW MUCH LOOOOONGER it would be before the Suns fans quit blaming everybody for the losses. Face it Suns fans--YOUR TEAM LOST THE SERIES. Move on--get over it. It shouldn't hurt this looooonnnngggg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boris Diaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... (May '14) May '14 Tim 5
2013 NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spur... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Peter Griffin21 2
NBA Finals Preview, Prediction: Miami Heat vs S... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 2
Tim Duncan stays with Spurs for 3 more years (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
Spurs aim to take commanding 3-0 lead over Jazz (May '12) May '12 Anonymous 1
Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
Bobcats Beat Warriors 112-100 (Jan '12) Jan '12 dfgb 2
More from around the web