Stoudemire, Diaw draw suspensions

Phoenix All-Star center Amare Stoudemire and teammate Boris Diaw were suspended Tuesday for one game for leaving the bench after Robert Horry's flagrant foul of Steve Nash in Game 4 of the Suns' Western ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
James

Greencastle, IN

#1 May 16, 2007
The "thug" Spurs are happy to trade off Horry for Stoudemire and Diaw. Phoenix will now probably lose game 5 at home. What a travesty!
Proud Spurs Fan

San Antonio, TX

#2 May 16, 2007
The only "thugs" in the game are the ones who can't control themselves off the court.

Go SPURS Go
Suns Fan

United States

#3 May 16, 2007
Proud Spurs Fan wrote:
The only "thugs" in the game are the ones who can't control themselves off the court.
Go SPURS Go
Don't you honestly think that what Horry did was very thuggish??
Proud Spurs Fan

San Antonio, TX

#4 May 16, 2007
I am not saying that what Horry did was not shameful, it was. I just think the NBA did the right thing and you guys are whining to much about all this. Get over it, the key players in the altercation were all repremanded, now lets go on.
Die_Horry

Phoenix, AZ

#5 May 16, 2007
Proud Spurs Fan wrote:
I am not saying that what Horry did was not shameful, it was. I just think the NBA did the right thing and you guys are whining to much about all this. Get over it, the key players in the altercation were all repremanded, now lets go on.
How exactly were Amare and Diaw "key players" in the altercation? That's ridiculous. Can you explain why they deserve to be punished (other than the rule exists)? Do you think the rule was applied in the proper spirit surrounding its original purpose?
Proud Spurs Fan

San Antonio, TX

#6 May 16, 2007
Suns Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you honestly think that what Horry did was very thuggish??
We are very proud of our spurs. They are not a dirty team or a nasty playing team! We as a community are as upset as you are, in reference to Robert Horry's actions in game 4. As a city 90% of us are ashamed of Horry's actions, but get over it...
The NBA made the right call, a rule is a rule! The coaches were shown pushing the 2 players in question back off the court, what more evidence do you need to prove they were aware of the consiquences? As for the question of the 2nd quarter, there was no confrontaion, the Spurs players were simply checking to make sure their team-mate was ok, as the Suns did in game 1 when Nash and Parker ran into each other. You have to admit it may not be fair, but rules are rules. San Antonio is not whining about Horry being ejected, or being suspended for game 6 and 7.

If you ask me I think Robert Horry may have even made the biggest shot in his career...There is no doubt this gives us the edge, and isn't that what you want in the NBA FINALS?

You guys should learn how to compose the role models of Phoenix. Did you hear the language they used coming off the floor in SA, and you say they are a great team? If the Phoenix Suns would have stayed calm and collected they would have their 2 starters playing tonight.

The point is, it's their own falt for running on the floor and trying to get in the middle of something they had nothing to do with.

When you play in the NBA finals and don't expect physical toughness to be part of a game, you should not be playing at all!!!

Go SPURS Go
Stern_is_an_idio t

AOL

#7 May 16, 2007
Proud Spurs Fan wrote:
I am not saying that what Horry did was not shameful, it was. I just think the NBA did the right thing and you guys are whining to much about all this. Get over it, the key players in the altercation were all repremanded, now lets go on.
It's really easy to say "let's move on" when the whole situation really benefits your team. The Suns are paying the price for Horry's inability to control himself. In another post, you say the Spurs players who went to check on their injured team mate and violated the bench rule were justifiably not suspended. However, no one knows with certainty exactly why Amare and Boris left the bench. My point is, there is a degree of latitude in applying the rule. Therefore, there is bias there. Had the NBA applied this rule in every circumstance, then we would not be able to complain, other than to say it is not fair for a Spurs player to be the one who really did wrong and yet the Suns pay the price. You are totally biased and are not looking at this objectively at all. You should admit that you are happy that this worked out in your team's favor with no regard to fairness. Be honest!
ike

Salt Lake City, UT

#8 May 16, 2007
This is bull crap. Baron Davis assaulted
Dereck Fisher and no suspension happened
to him. I think the NBA is going down
hill. They are enforcing a stupid rule
against some and not enforcing a clear
suspendable foul against others. I think
we need to create a fire David Stern website.
Stern_is_an_idio t

AOL

#9 May 16, 2007
Proud Spurs Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
We are very proud of our spurs. They are not a dirty team or a nasty playing team! We as a community are as upset as you are, in reference to Robert Horry's actions in game 4. As a city 90% of us are ashamed of Horry's actions, but get over it...
The NBA made the right call, a rule is a rule! The coaches were shown pushing the 2 players in question back off the court, what more evidence do you need to prove they were aware of the consiquences? As for the question of the 2nd quarter, there was no confrontaion, the Spurs players were simply checking to make sure their team-mate was ok, as the Suns did in game 1 when Nash and Parker ran into each other. You have to admit it may not be fair, but rules are rules. San Antonio is not whining about Horry being ejected, or being suspended for game 6 and 7.
If you ask me I think Robert Horry may have even made the biggest shot in his career...There is no doubt this gives us the edge, and isn't that what you want in the NBA FINALS?
You guys should learn how to compose the role models of Phoenix. Did you hear the language they used coming off the floor in SA, and you say they are a great team? If the Phoenix Suns would have stayed calm and collected they would have their 2 starters playing tonight.
The point is, it's their own falt for running on the floor and trying to get in the middle of something they had nothing to do with.
When you play in the NBA finals and don't expect physical toughness to be part of a game, you should not be playing at all!!!
Go SPURS Go
Physical toughness should not equal cheap, DELIBERATE shots like what Horry did. You certainly are able to brush that off as, "Gee, it was wrong, but let's move on, NBA basketball is a physical game." Yet, you think we need to worry about whether the Suns players used bad language. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they should use bad language, but that's small potatoes compared to what Horry did. I'm also sure the Spurs probably would have been swearing had the roles been reversed. You probably should at least TRY to be obective about this. It is clear you are seeing things through biased eyes.
Stern_is_an_idio t

AOL

#10 May 16, 2007
Proud Spurs Fan wrote:
I am not saying that what Horry did was not shameful, it was. I just think the NBA did the right thing and you guys are whining to much about all this. Get over it, the key players in the altercation were all repremanded, now lets go on.
At GREAT expense to the Suns and great advantage to the Spurs. No wonder you want to get over it.
Stern_is_an_idio t

AOL

#11 May 16, 2007
Proud Spurs Fan wrote:
The only "thugs" in the game are the ones who can't control themselves off the court.
Go SPURS Go
Yeah, it's OK to lose control on the court and knock someone into a table. Horry has always been a thug who can't control himself.
Proud Spurs Fan

San Antonio, TX

#12 May 16, 2007
Stern_is_an_idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's OK to lose control on the court and knock someone into a table. Horry has always been a thug who can't control himself.
And he is the thug going to the NBA finals, now thats defensive playing! Nash, Stoudemire, nad the rest of the team has always been the team to embelish all POTENTIAL FOULS. If Nash had some good old Texan BBQ on his bones he may not fly so far when we knock the shit out of him.
Stern_is_an_idio t

AOL

#13 May 16, 2007
Proud Spurs Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And he is the thug going to the NBA finals, now thats defensive playing! Nash, Stoudemire, nad the rest of the team has always been the team to embelish all POTENTIAL FOULS. If Nash had some good old Texan BBQ on his bones he may not fly so far when we knock the shit out of him.
Don't be too sure about the finals. As far as embelishing potential fouls, yes I have seen Suns players do that AND I have seen players from every NBA team do that, including your beloved Spurs. I am not some hypocrite who thinks my team never does anything wrong. But certainly, embelishing is not aginst the rules. Nice profanity again, by the way. For the record, the best BBQ is from Virginia and the Carolinas, so maybe Steve should eat there. I bet skinny old Steve is still bigger than you are. And, do you play for the Spurs since you say "WE?" I don't think you are going to knock the you know what out of Steve Nash.
Oregonian

Beaverton, OR

#14 May 16, 2007
You are just as horrible as any ignorant fool from Texas. Screw you all.<br><br>
As far as the suns are concerned let's see them through tonight. How incredible would it be if Nash would pull it together tonight and get this team to really put in and pull off a game five win? Stranger things can happen.<br><br>
Plain and simple Horry is a dirty son of a bitch. Stern and the commitee made a horrible call. Everyone outside of Texas hates the spurs and wants to see whiny Duncan loose. What a bunch of total crap.
Die_Horry

Phoenix, AZ

#15 May 16, 2007
Oregonian wrote:
You are just as horrible as any ignorant fool from Texas. Screw you all.<br><br>
As far as the suns are concerned let's see them through tonight. How incredible would it be if Nash would pull it together tonight and get this team to really put in and pull off a game five win? Stranger things can happen.<br><br>
Plain and simple Horry is a dirty son of a bitch. Stern and the commitee made a horrible call. Everyone outside of Texas hates the spurs and wants to see whiny Duncan loose. What a bunch of total crap.
Amen. I agree the best way the Suns can retaliate is to beat them tonight handily. You know that thug ball won't be tolerated from here on, so I think we actually have a better chance now. If somehow it freakishly turns out to be Spurs in the finals, I predict the lowest ratings for an NBA finals in history. They'll have to put it on NBA Network next year like the NHL had to this year.
CanadianGunner

Richmond, Canada

#16 May 16, 2007
Proud Spurs Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And he is the thug going to the NBA finals, now thats defensive playing! Nash, Stoudemire, nad the rest of the team has always been the team to embelish all POTENTIAL FOULS. If Nash had some good old Texan BBQ on his bones he may not fly so far when we knock the shit out of him.
You just said in your post that bad language shouldn't be used; yet you do the same on a public forum. Also, as long as you have Ginobili in your squad, then you have no right to criticize other teams for embelishing fouls.
Proud Spurs Fan

San Antonio, TX

#17 May 17, 2007
CanadianGunner wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said in your post that bad language shouldn't be used; yet you do the same on a public forum. Also, as long as you have Ginobili in your squad, then you have no right to criticize other teams for embelishing fouls.
I AM NOT A NATIONAL ROLE MODEL FOR OUR YOUTH!!!!!
The post said it was on national TV and how better to dis-respect a city and show just how out of control you and your team really are. Even the coaches said and I quote "I don't give a shit about what the commisioner says" that is just one mean nasty man over a bunch of little babies. I'm sure the spurs do use foul language, but I GUARANTEE you will not be able to show me one clip of it caught on tape. What the players do on their own personal time is their business, but when they are acting like role models for this country's youth they should have a little kooth....

If they don't want to be role models then they need to crawl back under the rock in Phoenix they came from. FYI: The Suns were never going to win this series, no matter what happened.
Proud Spurs Fan

San Antonio, TX

#18 May 17, 2007
Oregonian wrote:
You are just as horrible as any ignorant fool from Texas. Screw you all.<br><br>
As far as the suns are concerned let's see them through tonight. How incredible would it be if Nash would pull it together tonight and get this team to really put in and pull off a game five win? Stranger things can happen.<br><br>
Plain and simple Horry is a dirty son of a bitch. Stern and the commitee made a horrible call. Everyone outside of Texas hates the spurs and wants to see whiny Duncan loose. What a bunch of total crap.
Incredible does not even describe what it would be if the Suns would have won last night, but they DIDN'T.

GROW UP, ONLY THE CRY BABIES AND THE LOOSERS HATE SA
Ruined again

Orestes, IN

#19 May 17, 2007
Stern aka Hitler has found a way to mess up the league again. Its funny Duncan stepped on the floor in a similar incident a few days ago and did not draw a suspension but this non incident ruined the last good series left in these playoffs. no one man should have absolute rule over any organization. his explanation yesterday was a joke. Bowen has kneed Nash, stepped on Stoudamire's achilles, and kicked Nash in the face and has yet to draw a suspension. Two players take a couple of steps on the court and he claims he can't make a judgement call. With his league already struggling to keep fans interested you would think he would have used common sense.
Proud Spurs Fan

San Antonio, TX

#20 May 17, 2007
Ruined again wrote:
Stern aka Hitler has found a way to mess up the league again. Its funny Duncan stepped on the floor in a similar incident a few days ago and did not draw a suspension but this non incident ruined the last good series left in these playoffs. no one man should have absolute rule over any organization. his explanation yesterday was a joke. Bowen has kneed Nash, stepped on Stoudamire's achilles, and kicked Nash in the face and has yet to draw a suspension. Two players take a couple of steps on the court and he claims he can't make a judgement call. With his league already struggling to keep fans interested you would think he would have used common sense.
They didn't take a couple of steps, they leaped up and rushed 25 feet onto the court. Why is it that al teams go to the NBA with issues about other teams? The Suns tried to get Duncan suspended, but he was clearly on the court for concern only. There was no similar incedent, it was a accident, no team was to blame for the piggy back ride. As far as the NBA loosing fans, the only fans that are not interested are the ones who live in cities where their team is at home with them watching the playoffs on TV.

HE MADE THE RIGHT CALL AND TOLD THE WORLD YESTERDAY, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TO BAD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boris Diaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... May '14 Tim 5
Spurs in international action: Italy vs. Ukrain... (Sep '13) Sep '13 mark 1
2013 NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spur... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Peter Griffin21 2
NBA Finals Preview, Prediction: Miami Heat vs S... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 2
Tim Duncan stays with Spurs for 3 more years (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
Spurs aim to take commanding 3-0 lead over Jazz (May '12) May '12 Anonymous 1
Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1

Boris Diaw People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE