Duncan carries Spurs to Game 1 win over Suns

Apr 19, 2008 Full story: The San Diego Union-Tribune 14

“Manu turned the corner, Shaq just totally leaves me and stayed with Manu.”

Tim Duncan saved the San Antonio Spurs with his first 3-pointer of the season at the end of overtime, and Manu Ginobili hit a layup at the end of the second extra period to send the defending champions past the ... via The San Diego Union-Tribune

Full Story
michael a

Bulacan, Philippines

#2 Apr 20, 2008
its gonna be a long series
yeole

Portland, OR

#3 Apr 20, 2008
that's true michael, it's gonna be a long but a great series, this IS the NBA Finals.
Go Spurs Go!
kens

Carrollton, TX

#4 Apr 20, 2008
it was the team mate and mostly manu's two assist that hit three pointers and the last second lay up winning shot that lead the game .common manu be more aggressive and hit the rim
NBA I love this Game

United States

#5 Apr 20, 2008
Man! I LOVE THIS GAME NBA at it's BEST! Thrills, excitement, oooo's, aaaaa's, 3 pointer's, arguements, ball in your face, run over you to get to the goal, giving NASH a bloodly nose, out hustling SHAQ (getting old), Ginolbli SCORES, Parker drives to the goal, Duncan shoots a 3 pointer, Finley shoots a 3 pointer, Spurs coach argues a call with the officals, and Finally SPURS WIN! in Double Overtime! This is NBA BASKETBALL at it's BEST! GO! SPURS! BEAT PHOENIX! WHO'S NEXT!
Betty

San Antonio, TX

#6 Apr 20, 2008
Shaq, stop crying about fouls. The Suns had 30 free shot attempts - the SPURS - 23. Also, "I hope they let me play my game" quote suits you. All your career the refs let you get away with cheap fouls when you USED TO BE a superstar. I am sure the HEAT fans are wondering why you never really did much for that team. Dwayne Wade won the ring for you. GO SPURS GO.

“I wanna be free...”

Since: Mar 08

Happyville

#7 Apr 20, 2008
I hope Shaq buries the Spurs...Shaq deserves one more ring before he goes the way of the sunset..
Cowboy

Poway, CA

#8 Apr 21, 2008
Hell he can go into the sunset without a ring, a horse and water for all I care. Go Spurs Go!!

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#9 Apr 22, 2008
Cowboy wrote:
Hell he can go into the sunset without a ring, a horse and water for all I care. Go Spurs Go!!
Well one of us will be eating our own words soon...
Cowboy

Poway, CA

#10 Apr 26, 2008
Cute guys and obviously a Shaquille O'Neil lover, last night I was at home watching my 62í HDTV, slamming on some brewskies while wear my Manu Ginobili jersey and cheering for my Spurs, then with about five mikes left on the clock it hit me...man could the Spurs possibly be looking at a sweep? How them words starting to taste? Have you noticed that there arenít too many Phoenix Suns fans on this blog, unlike last year, you know why because a typical Suns fan talks a lot of crap and then canít back it up. Go Spurs Go!!
mr r

San Antonio, TX

#11 Apr 26, 2008
All i can say is "Wow!". I love my Spurs but I didn't think they'd be up 3-0 at this point!
mr r

San Antonio, TX

#12 Apr 26, 2008
Correction: i am NOT in "Dallas", i'm in San Antonio (why does that locator say "Dallas"?)

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#13 Apr 26, 2008
Shaq, if you don't win this one, your done, your career as a champion is over...I hope your teamates step up to the plate.

Since: Apr 08

Tucson, AZ

#14 Apr 26, 2008
Suns are garbage. The NBA will be shut down before they'll win a title.

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#15 Apr 26, 2008
Don't say that, I want Shaq to get one more title, I just think he deserves it, at least one more, he's been very good to the NBA, he's never been a trouble maker...he's been good to the NBA, I'll hate to see him go...

He's one of the last greats left over from the Jordan era...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boris Diaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... (May '14) May '14 Tim 5
2013 NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spur... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Peter Griffin21 2
NBA Finals Preview, Prediction: Miami Heat vs S... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 2
Tim Duncan stays with Spurs for 3 more years (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
Spurs aim to take commanding 3-0 lead over Jazz (May '12) May '12 Anonymous 1
Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
Bobcats Beat Warriors 112-100 (Jan '12) Jan '12 dfgb 2
More from around the web