Riley downplays trade rumor

Riley downplays trade rumor

There are 15 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 19, 2009, titled Riley downplays trade rumor. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Heat President Pat Riley , in his first public comments about a potential trade for Toronto's Jermaine O'Neal , cautioned that the deal is not imminent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Bullshark

Hialeah, FL

#1 Jan 19, 2009
Hard to believe O'Neal is same value as Marion...but getting rid of Banks worth it.
Jeryl McDowell

Bowie, MD

#2 Jan 19, 2009
Dont trade for O'Neal get chris bosh and Bargini they'll do more for us than O'Neal and plus he's injured and we really dont know his true potential right now at this age.
jose cuervo

United States

#3 Jan 19, 2009
Jeryl McDowell wrote:
Dont trade for O'Neal get chris bosh and Bargini they'll do more for us than O'Neal and plus he's injured and we really dont know his true potential right now at this age.
Bosh? Do you think Toronto that dumb? Have to wait for 2010 on that one.
jose cuervo

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2009
Bullshark wrote:
Hard to believe O'Neal is same value as Marion...but getting rid of Banks worth it.
...why not throw in Mark Blount too?
Mike

Miami, FL

#5 Jan 19, 2009
Yeah thanks Jeryl. Marion for Bosh and Bargnani - I'm sure Bryan Colangelo would love to make that trade. While we're at it, let's talk to the Lakers about making that Dorell Wright for Lamar Odom trade as well.
jose cuervo

United States

#6 Jan 19, 2009
But if Pat Riley downplays it... must be imminent.
Bullshark

Hialeah, FL

#7 Jan 19, 2009
jose cuervo wrote:
<quoted text>
...why not throw in Mark Blount too?
And Dorell Wright.
Josh Howard for Marion

Miami, FL

#8 Jan 19, 2009
I've also heard another trade rumor which includes Josh Howard, and someone for Marion
ChicagoLee

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 19, 2009
Jeryl McDowell wrote:
Oh Jerly, we all agree trading Marion/Banks for Bosh would be ideal, but in this case its neither realistic nor that simple.

Besides, if I read the article correctly, it looks like O'Neal's contract would be up in 2010. Therefore Miami could choose not to resign O'Neal, and be financially able to keep Wade and HOPEFULLY add Bosh or another big free agent.

...anyways, I tend to trust Riley with such trades.
ChicagoLee

Chicago, IL

#10 Jan 19, 2009
Mike wrote:
Yeah thanks Jeryl. Marion for Bosh and Bargnani - I'm sure Bryan Colangelo would love to make that trade. While we're at it, let's talk to the Lakers about making that Dorell Wright for Lamar Odom trade as well.
Hilarious!
Bacardi Dark

Pottstown, PA

#11 Jan 19, 2009
whatever it may be, we must do something to take it 2 the next level... im ready PAT lets get something positive done.
Its all about the chops

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Jan 19, 2009
How 'bout we trade Banks and Blount for an egg roll, two water buffaloes and a donkey to be named later?
TradeRiley

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Jan 20, 2009
Its all about the chops wrote:
How 'bout we trade Banks and Blount for an egg roll, two water buffaloes and a donkey to be named later?
LAME! It's dumb comments like these that diminish the usefuleness of postings. One eggroll?! Just one?! Man you're dumb. At least a half dozen should be included.

On a more serious note, I dunno about Marion for O'Neal - I think we may be better off as is (unless we can get Howard).
mydrick taylor

Hollywood, FL

#14 Jan 20, 2009
if the heat would bring o'neal to miami that would be great that would solve our problems in the middle and to be honest im all for it get marion and banks out of here
neyizhsalo

United States

#15 Jan 20, 2009
TradeRiley wrote:
<quoted text>
LAME! It's dumb comments like these that diminish the usefuleness of postings. One eggroll?! Just one?! Man you're dumb. At least a half dozen should be included.
On a more serious note, I dunno about Marion for O'Neal - I think we may be better off as is (unless we can get Howard).
The problem with O'Neal is what is his condition and does he have anything left. I would gladly take the O'Neal of a few years ago. But the reason Toronto is trying to move him...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bimbo Coles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coles return will make Greenbrier East a title ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 jim killian 1
News Dwyane Wade set to become Miami Heat's first NB... (Apr '09) Apr '09 jerry 4
News Atlanta to be Heat's first-round opponent (Apr '09) Apr '09 Chuck 2
News Real work against Hawks starts this weekend (Apr '09) Apr '09 The Real Erik S 6
Were is Bimbo now? (Feb '08) Oct '08 Known 3
News Painful defeat might be signal (Dec '07) Dec '07 Mikey V 88
News Ira Winderman's All-Time Heat team (Oct '07) Nov '07 LETS GO HEAT 11
More from around the web