Johnny 'Red' Kerr and Norm Van Lier r...

Johnny 'Red' Kerr and Norm Van Lier remembered fondly by Chicag...

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 27, 2009, titled Johnny 'Red' Kerr and Norm Van Lier remembered fondly by Chicag.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The day began with the shock of a right cross, former Bulls broadcaster Jim Durham mused 24 hours later.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 28, 2009
RIP Norm and Johnny. I have a lot of memories from those two.
Ruben

Portage, IN

#2 Feb 28, 2009
Truly a sad day for the Bulls community. They were both wonderful and I'm sure the people that knew them all their lives were so lucky. I've been a life long Bulls fan and this has made me feel very sad to see these legends go
go tax ur self

Roy, WA

#3 Feb 28, 2009
fine gentlemen im sure. but kept fast eddy out of the news.......nice goin chicago media again !!!!!!!!!!
Thomas E Farrell II

Seoul, Korea

#4 Feb 28, 2009
As a lifetime Pistons fan originally from Rockford, let me say that I have always been jealous of the image that the Bulls have always had in the NBA. Your team has always possessed an image of immense class and morality, togetherness and unity (with the exception of M.J.'s departure). One thing we don't really have in Detroit is great legends (save Dave Bing who will be mayor of Det. soon) that help to maintain as positive and upstanding an image for our team as Red and Norm did for the Bulls.
I always got a kick out of M.J.'s pregame routine of powdering his hands in front of Kerr. Kerr's enthusiasm behind the mic.(cheering really) provided a great atmosphere to your t.v. broadcasts.
Norm was a great man in his own right, right up to the end remaining a loyal and upstanding member of the Bulls family.
Today is a sad day in the history of the Chicago Bulls and I grieve with you.
R.I.P. Johnny and Norm, you will be greatly missed, not just by Bulls fans, but by all of the N.B.A..
Monk

Yarmouth Port, MA

#5 Mar 1, 2009
Ookie:
As a young man at St. Francis, you taught me a lot, not only about being a better basketball player, but more importantly about being a better man.
I'll always remember the last thing you said to me on the phone just a few weeks ago, "I love you Monker!"

OOKIE, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE AND WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Wennington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Johnny "Red" Kerr honored by Bulls (Feb '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 70
News Deng looks unfit for Bulls' game vs. Kings (Jan '08) Jan '08 Lou 1
More from around the web