LeBron James feels no pressure as Cleveland Cavaliers head into...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Cleveland will still be in the chaser tonight when it takes the Amway Arena floor for Game 6 tonight against Orlando trailing 3-2 in their Eastern Conference Finals series.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated May 30, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Santoro

Cicero, NY

#1 May 30, 2009
LeBron has to say what he said he can't admit there is pressure, but pressure there is because if the cavs lose (and they will) they go on vacation. If the Magic were to lose at home to the cavs (which they haven't done in a very long time so I don't see that happening) their season isn't over.
That is truly a big difference and that means a heck of a lot of pressure on the cavs.
Joe Comment

Mount Dora, FL

#2 May 30, 2009
I honestly think Labron is tired. Watch what happens in the 4th qurter of tonights game. When he misses 2 free throws in a row or "air ball" shots -thats because he is tired. I think a cumulative effect of having to work as a one man team will be the Cavs undoing tonight. We have to make him work hard from the beginning of the game until the end in order to reap the benefits of Labron being unable to save his team.

GO MAGIC!
Moise

Wichita, KS

#3 May 30, 2009
We also need to stop letting him get in our basket like that. If we are going to foul him, don't give him the "And 1". The refs are not going to call an offensive foul when he attacks, even if there is one; they will go the other way. With that in mind, the Magic needs to do a better job defensively on the guy.

The guy is good, I give him that. But majority of his points come from the foul line. Turn him into a jump shooter, he makes it, "oh well" but he has a better chance to miss than he would at the free throw line, plus, the clock does not stop.

I don't care if he scores 81 points, we just need to win the game. It really does not mean anything. The amount of points he scores only means something if they win the game. We need a blow out, dont keep this game close. Play a Game 3 (this series) basketball, expect finish it with more power.

And for whatever reason, the ball seems be always in James' hand at the final seconds of each quarter. When that happens, we seem to always just let him play. Get in the guy's face, jeez! They do it to us, play him, don't just back off of him and try to stop him when he gets to the rim. Get on him! Make him pass the ball early.
Moise

Wichita, KS

#4 May 30, 2009
And for some reason, I can't spell this morning.
check it out

Auburn, WA

#5 May 30, 2009
Moise wrote:
We also need to stop letting him get in our basket like that. If we are going to foul him, don't give him the "And 1". The refs are not going to call an offensive foul when he attacks, even if there is one; they will go the other way. With that in mind, the Magic needs to do a better job defensively on the guy.
The guy is good, I give him that. But majority of his points come from the foul line. Turn him into a jump shooter, he makes it, "oh well" but he has a better chance to miss than he would at the free throw line, plus, the clock does not stop.
I don't care if he scores 81 points, we just need to win the game. It really does not mean anything. The amount of points he scores only means something if they win the game. We need a blow out, dont keep this game close. Play a Game 3 (this series) basketball, expect finish it with more power.
And for whatever reason, the ball seems be always in James' hand at the final seconds of each quarter. When that happens, we seem to always just let him play. Get in the guy's face, jeez! They do it to us, play him, don't just back off of him and try to stop him when he gets to the rim. Get on him! Make him pass the ball early.
you do know what majority means right? if he is averaging 40 ppg, and he is only making 15 ft's per night, than that is not the majority. the magic cannot stop him...if lebron was getting any help outside of game 5, this series would be over!
russ

United States

#6 May 30, 2009
Amway is going to be rocking tonight! Cavs are toast, they can't win at Amway. Championship!!!!
marko

Oviedo, FL

#7 May 30, 2009
what a lie....lebron feels all the pressure in the world..it is do or die for him and cavs tonight again...dont say he feels no pressure..lol..this is reverse psychology is all...magic are still in control of this series!!! what a crock of crap..
marko

Oviedo, FL

#8 May 30, 2009
magic vs refs.....who wins tonight? this series has never been about magic vs cavs,or it would of already been over...it is about bias refs keeping lebron and cavs alive to try and make it to the finals vs kobe..hi ratings and marketing=money.......lets not be blind fools here....the refs baby lebron..where is all the fouls i see turk driving at the top of the key being hounded all game long,and dwight being mugged relentlessly? just a complete joke by refs...sad
SRB

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#9 May 30, 2009
Marco an Moise I totally agree about the officiating, we need to foul him hard every time he comes to the lane. Send Redrick in early with the notion that he is out their to get his 6 fouls in and hopefully a couple of points or something to that effect. We can over come the Cavs and the Refs if Turk and Lewis both give us plus 15 games. I'm hoping Lee's jump shot becomes more consistent as well.
Enough Already

United States

#10 May 30, 2009
marko wrote:
magic vs refs.....who wins tonight? this series has never been about magic vs cavs,or it would of already been over...it is about bias refs keeping lebron and cavs alive to try and make it to the finals vs kobe..hi ratings and marketing=money.......lets not be blind fools here....the refs baby lebron..where is all the fouls i see turk driving at the top of the key being hounded all game long,and dwight being mugged relentlessly? just a complete joke by refs...sad
No kidding! I know I sound innocent here, but how do they get away with it? Game 4 was a "in your face" joke, not even borderline!
Glass Half Full

Winter Garden, FL

#11 May 30, 2009
That's quite ok with me....that only means that he won't be a sore loser. The better team will win. GO MAGIC!!!!!!!
gimmeabreak

Kissimmee, FL

#12 May 30, 2009
Joe Comment wrote:
I honestly think Labron is tired. Watch what happens in the 4th qurter of tonights game. When he misses 2 free throws in a row or "air ball" shots -thats because he is tired. I think a cumulative effect of having to work as a one man team will be the Cavs undoing tonight. We have to make him work hard from the beginning of the game until the end in order to reap the benefits of Labron being unable to save his team.
GO MAGIC!
Absolutely Agree Joe. The Magic must go after him and STAY after him. We must send substitute after substiture after him. We must wear him out. He gets sloppy when he get tired, just like anyone.
The Magic MUST have a foul strategy; a way to hit Lj and prevent him from making easy shots (because dh backs off for fear of fouling) up the middle. Send in someone to take lj's initial charge and position dh to clean up anything that gets into the air.
We also have to send offensive players at lj to force HIM to guard or foul.
King James

Converse, TX

#13 May 30, 2009
I'm hoping for the Cavs to pull off a miracle and end up in the Finals. I want this year to settle the debate between Kobe and Lebron. Would be disappointing for the Magic fans. And to think the Fakers want to play Cleveland since they beat them in the regular season both times. Bunch of wusses...LOL!!! Didn't San Antonio get their asses handed to them by Cleveland during the regular season but ended up sweeping them in the Finals. I hope the Lakers run into a wall hopefully against the Cavs. And Magic got an awesome team. I'm not for the Magic but I will say that Howard is a pure beast and to all you Laker fans thinking LA got this in a bag you better think again. If the Lakers met up against the Magic they might be pulling a trophy instead of a bunny out of their hat and make the Lakers disappear.
orlandodolphin

Debary, FL

#14 May 30, 2009
King James wrote:
I'm hoping for the Cavs to pull off a miracle and end up in the Finals. I want this year to settle the debate between Kobe and Lebron. Would be disappointing for the Magic fans. And to think the Fakers want to play Cleveland since they beat them in the regular season both times. Bunch of wusses...LOL!!! Didn't San Antonio get their asses handed to them by Cleveland during the regular season but ended up sweeping them in the Finals. I hope the Lakers run into a wall hopefully against the Cavs. And Magic got an awesome team. I'm not for the Magic but I will say that Howard is a pure beast and to all you Laker fans thinking LA got this in a bag you better think again. If the Lakers met up against the Magic they might be pulling a trophy instead of a bunny out of their hat and make the Lakers disappear.
you are dumb
King James

Converse, TX

#15 May 30, 2009
orlandodolphin wrote:
<quoted text>
you are dumb
And your a lost cause.
duhwight

United States

#16 May 30, 2009
It'll be the Lakers and the Cavs. Anything else is a snooze fest for the Lakers. Magic just is not Amazing, very forgetable actually. hoo hum, yawn..........
Big Whopper

Los Angeles, CA

#17 May 30, 2009
Lakers all the way....Easy Call. Great for ticket sales.
Glass Half Full

Winter Garden, FL

#18 May 30, 2009
Don't feel the pressure...just feel the pain of a loss.
Santoro

Cicero, NY

#19 May 30, 2009
King James wrote:
<quoted text>
And your a lost cause.
And your first post was really stupid.
Lakers lose to the Magic in 6. Remember the Magic also cause matchup problems for the Lakers as well. The Magic sweep the Lakers in the regular season, while the cavs split they were blown out in LA.
Santoro

Cicero, NY

#20 May 30, 2009
check it out wrote:
<quoted text>
you do know what majority means right? if he is averaging 40 ppg, and he is only making 15 ft's per night, than that is not the majority. the magic cannot stop him...if lebron was getting any help outside of game 5, this series would be over!
LeBron can score is 41 points that is fine considering that every time LeBron scores over 40 points the cavs have lost.
So him scoring 40 points does not bother me bring it on.
Magic win in 6 against the cavs and the lakers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
Ben Wallace nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Vernell 1
Read comments or leave a comment (May '08) Nov '11 Packers 4
NBA Basketball: 25 Players Who Haven't Made An ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jtgoeswoof 1
76ers top Pistons 110-94 to reach .500 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Grogan 1
NBA Trade Rumors: 10 Vital Moves For The Detroi... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Slapsie 1
Should the Detroit Pistons open the shooting gu... (Sep '10) Sep '10 van 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Ben Wallace People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••