Cavaliers center Ben Wallace consider...

Cavaliers center Ben Wallace considering retirement after Cleve...

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 31, 2009, titled Cavaliers center Ben Wallace considering retirement after Cleve.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Cleveland center Ben Wallace is considering retirement following the Cavaliers' elimination from the playoffs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#22 Jun 2, 2009
Tough decision. Although Big Ben has never been worth 14 mil. a year, he was lucky enough to find someone to give him that kind of money. Since he's got the opportunity to earn another 14 mil., i'd have to seriously consider sticking around for the paycheck myself, unless Cleveland would offer at least 10 mil. of that as a buyout to go away. Lord knows he wouldn't be the first player that took money to go away. The Bulls probably have paid over 100 mil. in those type salaries over the years. Speaking of the Bulls, no one needs to be reminded that it was Reinsdorf who allowed Wallace to get into that sort of money plateau in the first place.

I also heard on ESPN how the Cavs were something like 10, maybe more, as i forget the exact figure, mil. over the luxury tax. Yes, a small market team like Cleveland is willing to pay a little extra in luxury tax money, in order to try and win titles. Yet, we Bull fans are stuck with an owner, who'd rather fold the franchise than ever consider entering into the luxury tax domain.
boss tweed mummert

Riverside, IL

#23 Jun 2, 2009
ATLDre wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point? Is he better than any of the players above? Stacy King has three rings?
Stacey's at least is a better commentator then all of those except Barkley.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
Ben Wallace nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Vernell 1
News Read comments or leave a comment (May '08) Nov '11 Packers 4
News NBA Basketball: 25 Players Who Haven't Made An ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jtgoeswoof 1
News 76ers top Pistons 110-94 to reach .500 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Grogan 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: 10 Vital Moves For The Detroi... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Slapsie 1
News Should the Detroit Pistons open the shooting gu... (Sep '10) Sep '10 van 1