Cavaliers center Ben Wallace consider...

Cavaliers center Ben Wallace considering retirement after Cleve...

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 31, 2009, titled Cavaliers center Ben Wallace considering retirement after Cleve.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Cleveland center Ben Wallace is considering retirement following the Cavaliers' elimination from the playoffs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mel

Merrillville, IN

#1 Jun 1, 2009
Ben Wallace should have retired the minute the Bulls signed him.
takdan

Hanoi, Vietnam

#2 Jun 1, 2009
I thought he had retired the the Bulls signed him to that 4-year deal; he just hadn't told anybody yet.
boss tweed mummert

Riverside, IL

#3 Jun 1, 2009
Well at least Big Ben started one of the most watched clips in sports history. You didn't ever see any retaliation against Ben from Artest,he went after deer in the headlights Piston fans. Me thinks Artest was afraid of Big Ben, also Wallace at least has a ring.
Ponziman

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2009
takdan wrote:
I thought he had retired the the Bulls signed him to that 4-year deal; he just hadn't told anybody yet.
100% correct! Great Post!
soc

Bellefontaine, OH

#5 Jun 1, 2009
Didn't he retire when he came to Chicago
Jeezy

Elmhurst, IL

#6 Jun 1, 2009
How bout sliding a little of that money back to the Bulls, Ben Wallace? It's clear you lost your passion for the game years ago. It's pretty sad that we, as Bulls fans, still think it was BRILLIANT move to acquire Larry Hughes.... for the simple fact that it got your bum ### out of town.
boss tweed mummert

Riverside, IL

#7 Jun 1, 2009
Like i say and for Jeezy's info Ben Wallace has a ring. Parick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller, John Stockton, Allan Iverson, Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzke, etc and many others don't have rings.
Mike

Conroe, TX

#8 Jun 1, 2009
ben wallace has a nice ass.
Tweener Scuds

San Bernardino, CA

#10 Jun 1, 2009
Can anyone believe that Paxson was conscious when he wrote this $14M contract with Wallace? Can anyone believe that Danny Ferry took the handoff? Can anyone believe that Ferry was a No. 1 pick (I think)?

If you still think he was conscious, can you believe that he dumped Chandler and JR Smith for nothing?
Mel

United States

#11 Jun 1, 2009
boss tweed mummert wrote:
Like i say and for Jeezy's info Ben Wallace has a ring. Parick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller, John Stockton, Allan Iverson, Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzke, etc and many others don't have rings.
How ironic Ben Wallace has a ring. Brian Scalabrini has a ring with the Celtics. Now, ex-Bull Shannon Brown has an above average chance to get a ring with the Lakers. Watch Charles Barkely sound more bitter next year on
TNT.
Bob in Manteno

Skokie, IL

#12 Jun 1, 2009
Jack Haley has a ring as well.
Jeezy

Elmhurst, IL

#13 Jun 1, 2009
I'm sorry, what does Ben Wallace having a ring from 2004 have anything to do with what I said? It's obvious that he wasn't giving ANY effort the year the Bulls traded him when he was putting up an impressive 5 and 8 every night. He was brought to the Bulls to play defense and rebound.... neither of which he did.

Go ahead and let him out of your mouth, I think he might have climaxed already.
mr pine

Oxon Hill, MD

#14 Jun 1, 2009
Bob in Manteno wrote:
Jack Haley has a ring as well.
stacey king!
Mustafa Payan

Chicago, IL

#15 Jun 1, 2009
So Paxon becomes yet another GM puncked by Joe D. Sucker.
Niles

Miamisburg, OH

#16 Jun 1, 2009
I doubt he would retire with $14 million guaranteed to him.
Wilson

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jun 1, 2009
http://nbacore.info/index.php

This is a new forum and we need you. There will be fun games such as a mock offseason, redraft, and sim leagues. We would love to have you join our site. We definitely need some leaders and someone to moderate, so please join us!

Your opinion count much for here as we have profiles and stuff
tweenerscuds

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jun 1, 2009
What free agent, hasbeen will GarPax sign this year to a $60M (or so) five year contract?
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jun 2, 2009
What's your point? Is he better than any of the players above? Stacy King has three rings?
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#20 Jun 2, 2009
Tweener Scuds wrote:
Can anyone believe that Paxson was conscious when he wrote this $14M contract with Wallace? Can anyone believe that Danny Ferry took the handoff? Can anyone believe that Ferry was a No. 1 pick (I think)?
If you still think he was conscious, can you believe that he dumped Chandler and JR Smith for nothing?
If Pax knew he was going to land Chris Paul, he might have kept Chandler or if he knew he was going to trade for Billups, he might have kept JR. Chandler is still nothing more than the limited twinkie he was with the Bulls. Still doesn't have a semblance of an offensive move. If he were with the Thunder, he would have a miserable season.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#21 Jun 2, 2009
Has anyone heard this rumor?? It pains me to even think about it.. A "friend" forwarded it to me because he knows of my admiration for AI's greatness, team oriented behavior and selfless play on the court.

"Chicago Bulls

Ben Gordon is once again a FA, but this time he's not taking a one year deal again, so that rules him out of the Bulls plan. Derrick Rose
needs another guy who can score and AI fills out that position. The Bulls can offer him more money if they can find a taker for Kirk Hinrich, who doesn't seem to be in the Bulls plan and could be feature as a trading piece in the NBA Draft. Unlike Dallas and Toronto, AI could be the focal point of the Bulls offense, despite the fact that this is Derrick Rose's team."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
Ben Wallace nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Vernell 1
News Read comments or leave a comment (May '08) Nov '11 Packers 4
News NBA Basketball: 25 Players Who Haven't Made An ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jtgoeswoof 1
News 76ers top Pistons 110-94 to reach .500 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Grogan 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: 10 Vital Moves For The Detroi... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Slapsie 1
News Should the Detroit Pistons open the shooting gu... (Sep '10) Sep '10 van 1
More from around the web