celtics in control

celtics in control

There are 147 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 8, 2008, titled celtics in control. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

BOSTON: It is a simple basketball premise that even at the highest level is acutely true: You cannot win if you cannot score.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
What

United States

#146 May 12, 2008
Offbeat wrote:
<quoted text>You learn to read dumbass. You brought up the Detroit game and threw in the shot % of Kobe againt so I retured the favor! I say LBJ is better by doing this and you point was shot down. So you need to leard to write more clearly if you weresaying somthing different. Somehow I belive you were caught with you pants down and really were just talking out the your mouth. I still would like to know where the term KING came from because hasn't done shit.
What?
Please read your post and grade it for me...
I'm thinking 5th grade level.

Oh, and I was very clear...

Go back and read... Of course, if you can.
Barney

Miami, FL

#147 May 12, 2008
I think the Cavs tie the series up tonight. Count on it Boston is having trouble winning on the road.. they are in trouble I think the Cavs have a legitimate chance of winning this series. Whoever it may be the team that steals one on the road is going to prevail this series. If not it goes 7 games.
Steve G

United States

#148 May 12, 2008
hdawg wrote:
Kobe had injuries on his team as well, and a major trade that took place, and he did it playing a brutal Western Conference schedule night in and night out. He played through an injury that many players would have sat out with. Honestly, both Kobe and Lebron are the 2 greatest players in the game today. To ridicule either is dumb.
Brutal Western Conference schedule? You mean with all of those great defensive battles they have out west? You know, like 120-118? There is very little defense being played in the west, even in the playoffs. Kobe is a great player, but spare us the "He did it against the far superior west" attitude.
Steve G

United States

#149 May 12, 2008
Offbeat wrote:
<quoted text>You maybe right, but until LBJ can prove that he can show up for every game I will take Kobe in a playoff game anyday. I bet LBJ isn't shooting 48% in the playoff so what you did in the regular sean doesn't mean squat if you cannot do the same in the playoff. Hell ask Dallas about that last year when Dirk didn't show up.
Well LeBron is in his 5th year, Kobe is in his 12th year. So I think LeBron will be as good (probably better) than Kobe after that many years in the league. He's almost as good now with less than half the experience. And he never had a great hall of fame coach like Phil Jackson to teach him.

I don't know why you're making this a Kobe vs. LeBron issue. Even LeBron has admitted that Kobe is better than him. So what's the big deal?
Steve G

United States

#150 May 12, 2008
Offbeat wrote:
You are talking about the playing Detroit how many years ago! Kobe has shot almost 50% in the playoff dumbass. Keep up the cherring section for LBJ since they are on the brink of elimination! Thats right elimination. So when LBJ is sitting at home working on his outside shot in which he has none and also improving his acting caree Kobe will be cleaning his MVP award. Now stop listening to Jim Rome OUTTTTTTT.
Dude, you are dillusional, the Cavs are not on the brink of elimination. Did you sleep through Saturday and not see what they did to the Celtics? Go suck Kobe off if you love him so much. Are you even a Laker fan? Or are you just bashing LeBron and the Cavs because they beat up on your team?

Offbeat

“ Seal Of Democrat Party”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#151 May 12, 2008
How the fans from Ohio have come out to protect their owns. Grant it LBJ will be the superstar of the future but again Kobe is the better player right now. Talk to your pals here who seem to have something against Kobe YA STUPID BUCKEYS!

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#152 May 12, 2008
Hoosier PIG!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
Ben Wallace nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Vernell 1
News Read comments or leave a comment (May '08) Nov '11 Packers 4
News NBA Basketball: 25 Players Who Haven't Made An ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jtgoeswoof 1
News 76ers top Pistons 110-94 to reach .500 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Grogan 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: 10 Vital Moves For The Detroi... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Slapsie 1
News Should the Detroit Pistons open the shooting gu... (Sep '10) Sep '10 van 1
More from around the web