celtics in control

BOSTON: It is a simple basketball premise that even at the highest level is acutely true: You cannot win if you cannot score. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Bob in Sacramento

United States

#1 May 8, 2008
How much longer do we have to watch this team play with no coherent offensive game plan? Big Z hits his first six shots and doesn’t see the ball again the rest of the half. After a 12-point second quarter, Mike Brown’s comment at halftime is "we need to play better defense." Huh? The Hawks beat the Celtics by pushing the ball and not letting them set up on D...but Brown is incapable of deviating from his pathetic slow-tempo, set-up offense. Ever see Lebron in the open court, Mike? He’s tough to guard--but you’d rather have him pound the ball 30 feet from the basket. The Cavs have the best offensive player in the game, and he's reduced to a non-factor by the horrible coaching. Note to Danny Ferry: if Brown doesn't go soon, it'll be bye-bye Lebron in two years. Which one do you want to keep?
FootsieW

Fort Myers, FL

#3 May 9, 2008
Wow, that was hard to watch but then I remember Atlanta beat the Celtics in all three home games and the Cavs looked horrid vs the Pistons and came back with a vengence last year. Its go time! Go Cavs!
Eric

Gainesville, FL

#4 May 9, 2008
You people just refuse to accept the truth. Lebron is not missing shots because of the Celtics defense. Lebron has no skills. Out of all the "superstars" left in the playoffs, he's the worst by far. He's been in the league for five years and can't hit layups consistently. HE CAN"T HIT LAYUPS! He has no midrange or post game. He can't shoot from the line or perimeter. His best move is travelling to the cup for a dunk. Lebron during this series just like in last years NBA finals is being exposed for what is he is, an over exposed and yes an overrated fraud.
realist

Akron, OH

#5 May 9, 2008
Eric wrote:
You people just refuse to accept the truth. Lebron is not missing shots because of the Celtics defense. Lebron has no skills. Out of all the "superstars" left in the playoffs, he's the worst by far. He's been in the league for five years and can't hit layups consistently. HE CAN"T HIT LAYUPS! He has no midrange or post game. He can't shoot from the line or perimeter. His best move is travelling to the cup for a dunk. Lebron during this series just like in last years NBA finals is being exposed for what is he is, an over exposed and yes an overrated fraud.
RIGHT ON.
What you have to realize is that Cleveland is such a loser town that they'll support anyone who gives them a glimmer of post-season hope.
Even though they all CHOKE when it really counts.
But, what a sweet job, get paid millions and NEVER
win the final championship.
Which will continue as long as the idiot fans
support the loser teams.
Old Man Grump

Akron, OH

#6 May 9, 2008
The season long LeBron & 4 others style of play has come to roost for the Cavs. LeBron is shooting poorly because of the Celtics excellent defense which causes 3 players to come to LeBron whenever he goes for the basket, and his outside shooting is non-existant in this series, and no one except Z has stepped up their offensive game to help. It's not looking good. I am now downgrading my prediction to Celtics in 5 games unless another "Miracle in Richfield" happens at the Q in the next 2 games with two Cavs wins.

GO CAVS !!!
JNP

Erie, PA

#7 May 9, 2008
Yes, the celtics are playing good D, but I counted 9 straight possessions where the guard (normally Lebron) had a screen set for him either on the top or the left side of the court. Never did the the screener cut to the hoop after setting the screen. That person always popped out to the wing, also James never tried to get over the screen and turn towards the hoop. There first dribble was always backwards then tried to make a move. Your first dribble can never be backwards. It automatically reduces the effectiveness of the screen.

Also, nobody on the Cavs move without the ball. I never see any California Cuts, Pick-the-picker plays. It is the same-ol screen on the ballhandler and see what he can come up with.

Mike Brown your offensive game plan is pathetic. You should be beside yourself if this is the best you can come up with. Not to mention the plays you come up with coming out of a timeout or end of a quarter. Pathetic game planning!!

I'm not normally a mike brown basher, but this is disgusting. Sure some cavs players need to step up more, but a good offensive scheme can go a long way in helping these players out.
Dazed and Confused

Akron, OH

#8 May 9, 2008
Before the trade - LeBron and four bums
After the trade - LeBron and four different bums
(plus an idiot for a head coach)
celtics man

Weare, NH

#9 May 9, 2008
ya the celtics will b there to the end. HAVE FAITH
KBADM11

United States

#10 May 9, 2008
FootsieW wrote:
Wow, that was hard to watch but then I remember Atlanta beat the Celtics in all three home games and the Cavs looked horrid vs the Pistons and came back with a vengence last year. Its go time! Go Cavs!
You got it right - Saturday will tell the tale. One win does a lot and a second forces the "pivotal" game 5.
GetReal

Medina, OH

#11 May 9, 2008
Bob in Sacramento wrote:
How much longer do we have to watch this team play with no coherent offensive game plan? Big Z hits his first six shots and doesn’t see the ball again the rest of the half. After a 12-point second quarter, Mike Brown’s comment at halftime is "we need to play better defense." Huh? The Hawks beat the Celtics by pushing the ball and not letting them set up on D...but Brown is incapable of deviating from his pathetic slow-tempo, set-up offense. Ever see Lebron in the open court, Mike? He’s tough to guard--but you’d rather have him pound the ball 30 feet from the basket. The Cavs have the best offensive player in the game, and he's reduced to a non-factor by the horrible coaching. Note to Danny Ferry: if Brown doesn't go soon, it'll be bye-bye Lebron in two years. Which one do you want to keep?
You hit the nail on the head. Especially with your notice of Brown talking about playing better defense after scoring just 12 points in the quarter. Brown is an idiot, and so is LeBron if he stays in Cleveland.
Dr Doom

Kansas City, MO

#12 May 9, 2008
11.27.07-
"LeBron James scored 38 points, Drew Gooden added a season-high 24 and Zydrunas Ilgauskas had 15 as Cleveland's threesome outplayed Boston's heralded triumvirate during a 109-104 win in overtime on Tuesday night."

Drew Gooden = 11-15fgs, 24pts, 13rebs
Kevin Garnett = 8-14fgs, 19pts, 5rebs

"...Gooden was 8-for-8 from the field in the third quarter, scoring 16 to help the Cavs take a 74-72 lead into the fourth."

AMAZING what happens when the player setting the pick ACTUALLY rolls to the basket(!), while Garnett flails his gangly arms and legs at LeBron 25ft away, between the circles.

If I remember correctly, of Drew's 11 buckkets, I believe 8 were from 4 feet and in.
hdawg

Mamaroneck, NY

#13 May 9, 2008
Very few teams come back after losing the first two. I think it only happens like 8 or 9 percent of the time. The Cavs did it last year, and it can be done, but they surely are in a very bad position.
Brnsfan

Lakewood, OH

#14 May 9, 2008
realist wrote:
<quoted text>
RIGHT ON.
What you have to realize is that Cleveland is such a loser town that they'll support anyone who gives them a glimmer of post-season hope.
Even though they all CHOKE when it really counts.
But, what a sweet job, get paid millions and NEVER
win the final championship.
Which will continue as long as the idiot fans
support the loser teams.
Your from where,well just pack up and move to L.A. or Boston,noone will miss you,BYE
Cavalier Traveler

Wooster, OH

#15 May 9, 2008
Always interesting to check this board. Cavs win, they're unbeatable, LeBron is a god, etc. Cavs lose, Lebron is a bum, Coach Brown should go back to sweeping floors, etc.
Of course LeBron can't play. That's true of anyone who leads the league in scoring.
Truth is, many people myself included predicted the Cavs would go out in 6 in the second round and that might be accurate. The team still hasn't quite come together and the playoffs, when the competition escalates with every round, is not the place to do it.
All that on the books for you to agree or not, the Cavs come home and the Celtics have yet to win a game on the road in the playoffs. Take all three in Cleveland and one in Boston and where will all you naysayers be?
Brnsfan

Lakewood, OH

#16 May 9, 2008
Cavalier Traveler wrote:
Always interesting to check this board. Cavs win, they're unbeatable, LeBron is a god, etc. Cavs lose, Lebron is a bum, Coach Brown should go back to sweeping floors, etc.
Of course LeBron can't play. That's true of anyone who leads the league in scoring.
Truth is, many people myself included predicted the Cavs would go out in 6 in the second round and that might be accurate. The team still hasn't quite come together and the playoffs, when the competition escalates with every round, is not the place to do it.
All that on the books for you to agree or not, the Cavs come home and the Celtics have yet to win a game on the road in the playoffs. Take all three in Cleveland and one in Boston and where will all you naysayers be?
Of Course they will jump right back on the bandwagon,telling the world that's how they saw it from the begining of the series,if they were Pincchio,they would have a 10 mile long nose.
Tom

Akron, OH

#17 May 9, 2008
Cavalier Traveler wrote:
Always interesting to check this board. Cavs win, they're unbeatable, LeBron is a god, etc. Cavs lose, Lebron is a bum, Coach Brown should go back to sweeping floors, etc.
Of course LeBron can't play. That's true of anyone who leads the league in scoring.
Truth is, many people myself included predicted the Cavs would go out in 6 in the second round and that might be accurate. The team still hasn't quite come together and the playoffs, when the competition escalates with every round, is not the place to do it.
All that on the books for you to agree or not, the Cavs come home and the Celtics have yet to win a game on the road in the playoffs. Take all three in Cleveland and one in Boston and where will all you naysayers be?
You're exactly right. It's just a lost cause for the idiot bashers on this screen. A true fan would root for the Cavs regardless if they're losing. Haters, please remove yourself from this board. GO CAVS!
True Cavs Fan

Akron, OH

#18 May 9, 2008
Eric wrote:
You people just refuse to accept the truth. Lebron is not missing shots because of the Celtics defense. Lebron has no skills. Out of all the "superstars" left in the playoffs, he's the worst by far. He's been in the league for five years and can't hit layups consistently. HE CAN"T HIT LAYUPS! He has no midrange or post game. He can't shoot from the line or perimeter. His best move is travelling to the cup for a dunk. Lebron during this series just like in last years NBA finals is being exposed for what is he is, an over exposed and yes an overrated fraud.
The truth is you're from Florida and you need to stay in Florida. Lebron is a darn good basketball player, so sorry that he's not perfect enough for you. He's very underrated and he has enough money to buy his own basketball team. Don't hate him because he's talented and very rich. Ha!Ha! I know you wish it was you! LOSER!!!
RPB

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 May 9, 2008
Cavalier Traveler wrote:
Always interesting to check this board. Cavs win, they're unbeatable, LeBron is a god, etc. Cavs lose, Lebron is a bum, Coach Brown should go back to sweeping floors, etc.
Of course LeBron can't play. That's true of anyone who leads the league in scoring.
Truth is, many people myself included predicted the Cavs would go out in 6 in the second round and that might be accurate. The team still hasn't quite come together and the playoffs, when the competition escalates with every round, is not the place to do it.
All that on the books for you to agree or not, the Cavs come home and the Celtics have yet to win a game on the road in the playoffs. Take all three in Cleveland and one in Boston and where will all you naysayers be?
God points Traveler, just watch how you say it. We've got some challenged people around here who may not understand your comments.
Eric

Gainesville, FL

#20 May 9, 2008
Cavalier Traveler, do you really believe that the Cavs can win two at home? Atlanta was able to play Boston tough because they are a good team. Despite their record. The Hawks could run with and at times out run the Celtics. Cleveland can't do that. The Cavs do not have the athletes. Joe Johnson is not quite the athlete Lebron is, but he's a much better shooter. Johnson actually has skills that Lebron hasn't even begun to develope.

And the thing about the Cavs that's really crazy is that they won't be any good next year. Gund/Gilbert and Paxson/Ferry have wasted a prime opportunity to build a franchise by not developing a great talent and surrounding that player with utter garbage. lebron is the only player left in the post season who's competing with players that can't create their own shots.

So no CavTrav, the Cavs won't be taking all three in Cleveland. They won't even take one. Boston, in an attempt to prove that they can win on the road will run the crapaliers out of Quicken loans arena.
Simone

Akron, OH

#21 May 9, 2008
Eric wrote:
You people just refuse to accept the truth. Lebron is not missing shots because of the Celtics defense. Lebron has no skills. Out of all the "superstars" left in the playoffs, he's the worst by far. He's been in the league for five years and can't hit layups consistently. HE CAN"T HIT LAYUPS! He has no midrange or post game. He can't shoot from the line or perimeter. His best move is travelling to the cup for a dunk. Lebron during this series just like in last years NBA finals is being exposed for what is he is, an over exposed and yes an overrated fraud.
GET OFF! GET OFF! GET OFF OUR BOARD! Cavs all the way. Cavs get your head back in the game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
Ben Wallace nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Vernell 1
Read comments or leave a comment (May '08) Nov '11 Packers 4
NBA Basketball: 25 Players Who Haven't Made An ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jtgoeswoof 1
76ers top Pistons 110-94 to reach .500 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Grogan 1
NBA Trade Rumors: 10 Vital Moves For The Detroi... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Slapsie 1
Should the Detroit Pistons open the shooting gu... (Sep '10) Sep '10 van 1
•••
•••

Ben Wallace People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••