cavs season pierced

Published on Monday, May 19, 2008 BOSTON: Memories and regrets - it will be a long summer full of them for the Cavaliers. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Michael from Maine

AOL

#106 May 19, 2008
Grew up in Cleveland. Suffer being a Cleveland supporter outside of Cleveland.

That being said, Lebron is a legit superstar. Just not yet a mature superstar. He scored 45 and left his "team" in the dust pursing his one for one challenge with Pierce. When he needed his "team" at the end of the game, they were not involved in the game and it suddenly became "their" problem that they were not able to get it done. Read, I need a new team...

Mike Brown is not the problem. Danny Ferry is. And indirectly, Lebron is. Mike needs an offensive coordinator. And Lebron needs a legit scorer beside him.

Dribble, dribble, dribble, hoist an off balance 3 pointer...It's Lebron's offense if we buy into the concept that it's his "team". He needs to take responsibility for his "team"'s performance. And look into the mirror as to how he can make his "team" better.

What happened to "Z"? Is Lebron's one on one with Pierce more inportant than getting his #2 guy involved in winning the freakin game?

Guess so.

That's why we lost.
Josh

AOL

#107 May 19, 2008
Look for a hard push to get Michael Redd out of Milwaukee. They cant afford him and he's an Ohio kid. The Cavs desperately need a scoring "2". I'll let everyone else do the math.

When LeBron develops the all important 15-18 foot jumper, he'll be the most lethal offensive weapon in the NBA. Jordan didnt find that last piece of his offensive arsenal until he was nearly 30. Let's be a little more patient with our young superstar and enjoy his development. The kid is only 23, and he's been through some valuable experiences.

Since: Feb 08

Akron, OH

#108 May 19, 2008
Michael from Maine wrote:
Mike Brown is not the problem. Danny Ferry is. And indirectly, Lebron is. Mike needs an offensive coordinator.
The press several times over the last two years has asked Mike about bringing an assistant for offense. He has made statements about it not being needed and it is his call. So in my opinion, that does make him the problem.

Since: Feb 08

Akron, OH

#109 May 19, 2008
Michael from Maine wrote:
What happened to "Z"? Is Lebron's one on one with Pierce more inportant than getting his #2 guy involved in winning the freakin game?
Mike Brown ahd him benched for a lot of the game. That has nothing to do with Lebron or Z.
Wade

United States

#110 May 19, 2008
What a bunch of cry babies!! I witnessed one of the greatest dog fights in a long time. The defense was outstanding. Keep this team intact and give them time to gel and we will destroy everybody. Look back two years ago when Brown took over the team and everybody was crying then and Brown and James kept saying, give us time to gel, we will get better. What happened next, we went to the finals the next year. The same will happen here too but this time with a better defensive team and better shooters (not the greatest but still an upgrade).

With that said, we will have to do something with the offence and I honestly do not know if it is James asking to take the ball at the top of the key (which it looks like it is) or if it is Browns inept ability to manage the offence. We need to keep Brown but demand some one else run the offence and lets see what happens. I like what we have. P.S. if James leaves, it sure as hellllll will not be to a team that is in development like New York. He will go to a contender that can afford him.
hdawg

Mamaroneck, NY

#111 May 20, 2008
I can't see Milwaukee trading Michael Redd to a team in their division. If they could get some good young players in return then yes, but the Cavs don't have that.
Josh

AOL

#112 May 22, 2008
Milwaukee wants cap space and draft picks to build around Bogut and Yi, and I get this info from Milwaukee newspapers. It makes sense if you think about it, with guys who cant guard anyone like Redd and Mo Williams paired with other guys who cant guard anyone like Bogut and Yi, it's no wonder they suck. We have plenty of D and not enough offense. Looks like a fit.

The Cavs have plenty of expiring contracts and picks to deal with. I get the division thing, but I think Milwaukee's front office just wants out from under those big contracts. Gilbert and co better start looking at their options REAL hard, or risk losing the most valuable asset they have, LeBron James.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
Ben Wallace nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Vernell 1
Read comments or leave a comment (May '08) Nov '11 Packers 4
NBA Basketball: 25 Players Who Haven't Made An ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jtgoeswoof 1
76ers top Pistons 110-94 to reach .500 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Grogan 1
NBA Trade Rumors: 10 Vital Moves For The Detroi... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Slapsie 1
Should the Detroit Pistons open the shooting gu... (Sep '10) Sep '10 van 1
More from around the web