BREAKING NEWS: Johnson Out As Mavs Co...

BREAKING NEWS: Johnson Out As Mavs Coach, ESPN Reports

There are 64 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Apr 30, 2008, titled BREAKING NEWS: Johnson Out As Mavs Coach, ESPN Reports. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

The Dallas Mavericks and head coach Avery Johnson have parted company, ESPN reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Chris

Lewisville, TX

#63 May 2, 2008
edo bg wrote:
<quoted text>
If he smoked his sticky icky and scored... Oh i don't know 15 points in any of the games I wouldn't have a problem with it. Where was Howard during playoffs? As a matter of fact, has he ever showed up for the second half of any game this season. I know his stats are ok, but they are acumulated during first halfs of games. He dissapears in the second half.
To be 100% honest with you, I am not aware of what his Playoff Stats are! Really dont care!

But to worry about is he scoring first or second half is irrelevant to the fact that he is one of the better players for Dallas. He IS a Performer. and 15 points a game is something he did all season long. I'm sure he stoked up a huge fatty before his 30 point games this season. Kobe doesnt always put up over 30, MJ didn't always hit the game winner. Guys aren't perfect every night. Nor every other time they touch the ball. Thats where having a Team to have your back comes into play. And you cant have 2 guys making up for 5 because they are having a tough night.

We had that before the Kidd trade. Harris was the future for the Mavs. Before the trade I would record the game on DVR so I could watch it later if I didn't get to during the regular time. After the Kidd debacle, I stopped watching and just looked at the scores.

Smoke on Josh, Smoke on!!!!
nic orr

United States

#64 May 2, 2008
Great i could not stand listening to him talk. Got on my nerves.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#65 May 3, 2008
MavsFan7

Sulphur Springs, TX

#66 May 4, 2008
rrenault wrote:
FORGET Kobe, too much hype around that dude, what about Pau Gasol? HE is the reason that team is even alive! Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Chris Paul, all the other guys who have done WAY more for their respective teams than Kobe. Popularity contest... UGH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avery Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why did the Interstate 35W bridge fall down? Ev... (Jul '10) Jul '10 ron 2
News The King and his courtship: Nets billionaire ow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 tazd62 1
News The King and his courtship: Nets billionaire ow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Muff Daddy 4
News Tyreke Evans returns from injury, but his Sacra... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Sammy 2
News Some Orlando Magic fans are sure refs will rig ... (May '09) May '09 Magic Fan 119
Avery Johnson Jealous? (Apr '09) Apr '09 alwaysfor the mavs 1
News Battling tougher defenses puts Jordan ahead of ... (Mar '07) Feb '09 WORD_LIFE 32
More from around the web