Cavs' coach shows he's in league all his own

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

Ever since he has been in the NBA, Mike Brown never has complained about money. As an unpaid intern with the Denver Nuggets in the early '90s, he worked for leftover food and free clothes.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 19, 2008
alan t

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2008

"There are pockmarks. Ferry has been stubborn with his roster and in free-agent talks, sometimes to a fault. Brown's gone through three offensive schemes in three years. Gilbert sometimes lets his raw emotions get the better of him."

"Stubborn?" Stubborn???!!! The day that Windy finally substitutes the word "stubborn" with the word "incompetent," then we'll all know his many years of admiration of Danny Boy, including his prior admission that Ferry was his favorite Cavs player, have finally come to an end. Way, way too much egregious bias in the guy's writing. It's a shame that the readers are the losers for it.

What has actually improved under Ferry's and Brown's watch? The bottom line is James has exponentially improved, and that is the sole reason the Cavs have improved. Put Paxson's version of a younger and more flawed LeBron on this team, and they're back to a 42-40 record. Indeed, I believe Silas would have done just fine with this particular limited-talent squad. The fact that people who deserve little credit actually receive the credit simply boggles the mind.
brother fox

Ashland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2008

are there any in bounds plays with less than 15 seconds left on the clock at the end of any quarter, half or end of game other than pass the
ball to LeBron,have him dribble down to 2 or 3
seconds then attempt an off balance jump shot at
0.8 on time clock> don't get me wrong, i think he
is a great, great player,the best the Cavs could
ever hope for,ever, but everybody knowa he is going to get the very last shot..is there something wrong with the floor spread and "boobie"
gooden, Z or somebody driving to basket and receiving a pass, maybe even get fouled in act of
shooting..sometimes 1 or 2 foul shots made can be a gamewinner...don't have a problem with LeBron on
receiving end of the pass either..my old 7th grade coach had us able to run this play to perfection...by the way have we seen some of the
fantastic plays "Coach" learned while he was in
Europe??? must have missed them..yes defense does
win games but so does team with most point when
clock runs down!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Avery Johnson Discussions

Search the Avery Johnson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did the Interstate 35W bridge fall down? Ev... (Jul '10) Jul '10 ron 2
The King and his courtship: Nets billionaire ow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 tazd62 1
The King and his courtship: Nets billionaire ow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Muff Daddy 4
Tyreke Evans returns from injury, but his Sacra... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Sammy 2
Some Orlando Magic fans are sure refs will rig ... (May '09) May '09 Magic Fan 119
Avery Johnson Jealous? (Apr '09) Apr '09 alwaysfor the mavs 1
Battling tougher defenses puts Jordan ahead of ... (Mar '07) Feb '09 WORD_LIFE 32
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••