Dallas Mavericks beat Orlando Magic 1...

Dallas Mavericks beat Orlando Magic 107-98

There are 89 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 4, 2008, titled Dallas Mavericks beat Orlando Magic 107-98. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

He may not own the All-Star title, but Hedo Turkoglu sure looked the part Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jim

United States

#86 Feb 5, 2008
O-Magic wrote:
Ohh Crap!!...Really!
Orlando Magic
Potential offer:
Keyon Dooling ($3.6 million expiring contract)
Pat Garrity ($3.8 million expiring contract)
Maurice Evans ($1.7 million expiring contract)
J.J. Redick ($2 million)
Draft rights to Fran Vazquez
Two first-round draft picks
Why the deal would have worked for Orlando: The Magic are an up-and-coming team, but they lack depth on the front line. Rashard Lewis is playing out of position at the 4. Put Gasol at power forward and move Lewis back to the 3 -- with Turkoglu providing All-Star level support at both positions -- and the Magic would have had perhaps the best front line in the NBA, considering Dwight Howard's presence at center.
Why the deal would have worked for Memphis: The Grizzlies would have received roughly the same amount of cap space.
Redick is a former lottery pick who can really shoot -- perhaps he's not a better prospect than Crittenton, but he's probably on the same tier. Vazquez is a better international prospect than Marc Gasol.
And those two first-round pricks are likely to be better than the picks Memphis got from the Lakers.
I agree. That would have been a real good trade. The front line would have been tremendous. Now it's the Lakers who have vastly improved.
Pat Garrity

Orlando, FL

#87 Feb 5, 2008
Bring Back Bo wrote:
I cant believe how many Arroyo and reddick fans there are. As much as they get talked about, you would think we had Magic Johnson and Larry Bird sittin over there on the bench. I can promise you, neither one is the answer. Unless the question is who sucks worse?
The answer is : YOU !!!!! a bottomfeeder low class scum eating slimy insect.....:)
Thanks Pat

AOL

#88 Feb 5, 2008
We all know Carlos totally sucks, while I'm an AllStar in Waiting.

Golf in the Morning?
Love ya, JJ.
big vern

Summerfield, FL

#89 Feb 6, 2008
Nanningbob wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Phoenix make this trade?? This makes no sense for Phoenix at all. I read about this online this morning and couldnt believe it. Shaq doesnt fit this team.
If Miami is going to blow up their team, lets get Haslim Udonis, I think he would be a good fit for Orlando and is what we need.
if our gm gets off his dead a s s and starts exploring the options instead of waiting till' is too late...look at the lakers they got better in one move, that's why they and the spurs win championships and the magic don't...
Stan da Man Van

AOL

#90 Feb 6, 2008
Yes it's true!
I get asked more about JJ Redick than I do about Dwight, Hedo and Rashard, and I knbow why.
Why? Because he's my white player that's as good as any of the other with the exception of Dwight.
I have to keep that "boy" on the bench to teach him a lesson because:
(A) I'm the Boss
(B) Otis made me do it.
(C) We don't need no white kid getting any PT on this team.
No need to worry about the Fans...they'll put up with whatever myself or Otis say.

Plus, We can be just as mediocre as we already are and there's no need to P.O all my other Negro guards that are as mediocre as they can get.

So there ya go!
Stan da Man Van

AOL

#91 Feb 6, 2008
One other thing...It gives my Man Jameer the chance to play like he's a martyr by saying stuff like, " I'm here for the team and I wont cause any problems about me sucking, being to short, whining to much or creating any trouble , like, asking to be played or traded.
I love that GUY!
chong

United States

#92 Feb 6, 2008
I have read some pretty funny stuff in my day. But nothing makes me laugh
harder than the Carlos Arroyo fans on this site. I love you people. You guys are without a doubt the most loyal, dillusional mental patients I have ever heard. It's hillarious though, so don't stop. Carlos Arroyo is a white boy with no game. I like the high socks but that's about it.
If he could go just one game without
missing 10 shots and handing the ball to the other team at the end of any game it would be an improvement.
He seems like a nice white boy, but
he just can't play.
RicanKingPin

AOL

#93 Feb 6, 2008
Hey yous stupido slanteyed wong. Carlos ist no WHITE boy. Carlos ist de pride of Puerto Rico. So yous jest keep the mouth shuts up. And also Carlos ist better shoot percentage than even DwightHoward. Not counting hist dunks.
ShutUp!
LaTonya Jones

AOL

#94 Feb 6, 2008
I lives here in Orlando and I just want to set the record straight! It WAS NOT me that gave Shaq that terrible Venearal Disease. I just had sex with him only maybe 37 or 38 times, really.
So dont blame me for his being sent to that Arizona desert so he can heal and be healthy someday.
He told me he was happy to get away from his short wife so he could have some fun and be able to take advantage of his deputy sherrif position. It helps him pick up "Mo H-'s"
Ok then at least I dont feel so guilty now.
And good luck in the desert Lover!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avery Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why did the Interstate 35W bridge fall down? Ev... (Jul '10) Jul '10 ron 2
News The King and his courtship: Nets billionaire ow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 tazd62 1
News The King and his courtship: Nets billionaire ow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Muff Daddy 4
News Tyreke Evans returns from injury, but his Sacra... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Sammy 2
News Some Orlando Magic fans are sure refs will rig ... (May '09) May '09 Magic Fan 119
Avery Johnson Jealous? (Apr '09) Apr '09 alwaysfor the mavs 1
News Battling tougher defenses puts Jordan ahead of ... (Mar '07) Feb '09 WORD_LIFE 32
More from around the web