Dallas Mavericks beat Orlando Magic 1...

Dallas Mavericks beat Orlando Magic 107-98

There are 89 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 4, 2008, titled Dallas Mavericks beat Orlando Magic 107-98. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

He may not own the All-Star title, but Hedo Turkoglu sure looked the part Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

oscar

Chicago, IL

#23 Feb 5, 2008
Jones wrote:
"Coach [Stan Van Gundy] reminded us that they got their butts kicked in Detroit, so they're going to come with a lot of energy and enthusiasm," point guard Carlos Arroyo said. "We knew what kind of team we were facing."
If you knew who you were facing, it'd be nice to see some of your own energy and some DEFENSE at the end of the game, fellas.
hey lets face it , the magics are not going to win every game, they are good but not as good as Dallas or some other teams out there, so just enjoy every victory we can get because we all know that this team will not make it to the second round in the playoff even with jason kidd as pg. Its not the pg fault that we can not win every game. LOOK WHAT HAPPENDED TO THE PATRIOTS
Transplanted Mav Fan

New York, NY

#24 Feb 5, 2008
I attended my first game here last night (Mavs vs Magic) and was totally amazed at how many Magic fans left early. This has to be disheartening to the players when their fans give up on them so early. We stayed for the final buzzer and still hit I-4 to head home before 10pm. Back home we call these "fair weather fans".....sad. Sorry Magic. You sure wouldn't see fans giving up on the team in Dallas. The truth is the truth - SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!!!
man that guy sucks

United States

#25 Feb 5, 2008
Carlos Arroyo is the best PG in the world!!

Disney world, that is!
JOSE PEREZ

Guayanilla, Puerto Rico

#26 Feb 5, 2008
KD 14 CA 12 AND 2 TURN OVERS FROM THE PG POSITION. DUMP BOTH AND BRING JN BECAUSE WE LOOSE. AM I SERIOUS?
javier3227

United States

#27 Feb 5, 2008
Knightshift wrote:
<quoted text>
Hedo Turkoglu: Triple Double last night; Eastern Conference Player of the Week...AGAIN; 2nd leading scorer on the team; 2nd leading rebounder on the team; 2nd on the team in assists per game. Take your sour grapes someplace else. Of course, we only hear from the Rican community when Arroyo is actually playing well enough to get into the games. After he finds himself buried on the bench again, I'm sure you'll vanish from sight.
Yes and the guy he needed to defend scored 28 points, and his substitute scored 16 pts in 16 min.
javier3227

United States

#28 Feb 5, 2008
Trade JJ he doesn't play because he is white, Hope all the NBA players, coaches were black and international players so there could be good basketball in the NBA.
jaybee

Tallahassee, FL

#29 Feb 5, 2008
SVG sucks as a coach!
big vern

Lady Lake, FL

#30 Feb 5, 2008
at least svg is sticking to his guns, if nelson is not playing well he should be benched and that's exactly what he's doing, the magic need a tough rebounder defensive minded player...other than howard the rest are all shooters...

Since: Jan 08

New York, NY

#31 Feb 5, 2008
So it's the coach's fault ("SVG sucks as a coach!").... Hey javier....head on back to San Juan and try get your own NBA team together there....I'm tired of seeing YOUR flag hanging from your mirror anyway. As long as you're here why not stick around until the final buzzer and show your (adopted) team a little more support. I guess it's always easier to leave the game early then bad mouth them here the next day.
I totally agree with Transplanted Mav Fan; how can one sit and guzzle beer for 3 quarters when the Magic are losing by as much as 18 points then in the 4th quarter when the score tightens up...head for the doors. The place was deserted with 2 minutes left in the game.
Marcel

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#32 Feb 5, 2008
Can't we just stay focused on basketball in this forum and not on ignorant racist comments?

What kill the Magic yesterday was the first 1/4 and Rashard. You guys blame Hedo, Arroyo and even SVG almost every time the team lose. But we have to be realistic, Rashard didn't do anythig last night besides shooting 5-16 and grabbing 4 rbs total, amazing. The only thing he's bring to this team is that winning shot against Detroit. He's suppose to be playing as Hedo is playing for that kind of money. Another factor was the bench production of the Magic, only Dooling was playing well as always. But great thing for Hedo to keep playing so well, first career triple double, he's carrying this team alone.

“He shoot a 61.”

Since: Oct 07

Winter Park

#33 Feb 5, 2008
Hey guys is one game and one game only.
Any body can have and off night. Look at Dallas on Sunday where they got kill by the pistons.
Judge the team over the next 4 games.
While I agree that we played terrible and our defense sucks.
It was only one game.
O-Magic

Orange, TX

#34 Feb 5, 2008
Nanningbob wrote:
Hey they hit their shots tonight, we didnt. We lose. The game was close but it was not our night. NEXT
This concept of losing leads is common to every team in the NBA. You very seldom get blowouts and any team that takes a big lead the other team almost always makes a comeback. People are making a lot to do about it, but not holding large leads is the norm in the NBA. Most comments dealing with the subject are simply unrealistic. The better stat is who can score with 2 minutes left on the clock and this team has a good track record this year in that department. However, not tonight.
Very Well put Nanningjob. It was not our night!!
Luke

Spain

#35 Feb 5, 2008
Can't see either Turkoglu or Lewis playing SG. Too slow to defend a lot of SG in the league.
And, if we already have problems to find a hole to JJ in this position, can't imagine is one of the SF steal playing time at SG...
2sense wrote:
Here's a lil tidbit that should make JJ & his agent thrilled.
"Van Gundy did indicate that Turkoglu could be moved to shooting guard next season and Lewis to his natural small-forward position, the moves likely predicated on Battie's recovery."
That's mentioned in Schmitzs article on Lewis not wanting to be in the 3 point contest.
Tony, Tony, Tony! You finally have seen the light, lol.
O-Magic

Orange, TX

#36 Feb 5, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
My only complaint is that this has happened too often mainly against good teams, but not always is the Magic lose the first period badly and then have to struggle to get back into the game. Only one game were they able to make a comeback.
I just wish that the team would remember to show up for the first period and that Howard would remember how to hit his freethrows just like he does in practice.
IN a perfect world that would happen Phillips...It was not our night...We had a great road trip...got our W's...Dallas jumped on us adn we couldnt shoot. That was the game. Whats next??
O-Magic

Orange, TX

#37 Feb 5, 2008
javier3227 wrote:
Mitchell UK, there is it, I told you that the 1 on 1 plays will affect us, 0 ball movement, as a result of all of the miss shots from torku, nobody else was involved. They can't go to the playoffs with those type of plays. BTW that why Torku is not an allstar, even with all those ass and rebs his miss shots killed us.
Your Torku has been Player of the week, 2 wks in a row. Everybody deserves to have a bad night. HEDO had a bad night but still came out with a triple double. Even Howard didnt get his usual double double and Mavs shot the lights out. It was not OUR night...Get over it. Its our first loss in many nights. Time to adjust and come back strong.
O-Magic

Orange, TX

#38 Feb 5, 2008
Jones wrote:
"Coach [Stan Van Gundy] reminded us that they got their butts kicked in Detroit, so they're going to come with a lot of energy and enthusiasm," point guard Carlos Arroyo said. "We knew what kind of team we were facing."
If you knew who you were facing, it'd be nice to see some of your own energy and some DEFENSE at the end of the game, fellas.
Non existent for the first 3qtrs and we couldnt shoot eiter. Next please!

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

#39 Feb 5, 2008
Awwwww come on Jim. The Magic arent going to lose 5 games in a row at home. Sheeeeesh. Why do you do this to yourself??????????

To the rest of you, yes we lost, NEXT.
O-Magic

Orange, TX

#40 Feb 5, 2008
Billy wrote:
Dallas punished Orlando 47-34 on the boards.
Come playoff time this type of stat line will really standout. Lewis is out of position and will get punished repeatedly. Hope for Battie to be healthy soon.
Stand out HOW?? We are usually good on boards....especially Howard! Howard didnt have a good night on the boards. Non of the players had a good night other than Dooling/Evans. So I have no clue what you are talking about.
LetMeThinkNow

AOL

#41 Feb 5, 2008
Rashard cant hit any shots because he's on the floor as a 4, when he should be a 3.
Pretty interesting and I feel sorry for him because he's in that position. Wait a minute here! When shooting does it specify that a 3 point shot can only be made by a true 3, but only if they are not playing as a 4? Super logic in that.
Someone in Seattle had a whole lot more BBall brains than Otis Smith.
I am beginning to actually feel sorry for the players. They have no chance of winning much of anything except the slam dunk contest with Dwight, of course he may be too Tall to win that,HUH. And it's so ridiculous to think that JJ and Garrity and Augustine and now Jameer can give a crap whether they win or not...AND WHO CAN BLAME THEM!
I'd be happier if the fans didnt show up let alone leave early, AND WHO CAN BLAME THEM?!!
O-Magic

Orange, TX

#42 Feb 5, 2008
Joe wrote:
What's the latest BS on why Redick didn't play again? He could have helped. Don't embarrass yourself by the old defense argument. Look at the defense from the backcourt. Couldn't get any worse. Van Gundy admitted that JJ is playing good defense in practice. Then we find out that JJ is playing great offense in practice. Otis giggles as Rome burns.
Well...Against the Mavs...He could have helped us shooting wise. But we had to hold them because they were killing us on one on one play. JJ couldnt not have done much and EVANS was the only guy having a good night both offensively and defensively. The rest of us had too much rest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avery Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why did the Interstate 35W bridge fall down? Ev... (Jul '10) Jul '10 ron 2
News The King and his courtship: Nets billionaire ow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 tazd62 1
News The King and his courtship: Nets billionaire ow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Muff Daddy 4
News Tyreke Evans returns from injury, but his Sacra... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Sammy 2
News Some Orlando Magic fans are sure refs will rig ... (May '09) May '09 Magic Fan 119
Avery Johnson Jealous? (Apr '09) Apr '09 alwaysfor the mavs 1
News Battling tougher defenses puts Jordan ahead of ... (Mar '07) Feb '09 WORD_LIFE 32
More from around the web