Dallas Mavericks beat Orlando Magic 107-98

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

He may not own the All-Star title, but Hedo Turkoglu sure looked the part Monday night.
Comments
1 - 20 of 89 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2008
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
2sense

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

OUCH!
hILLARy cLINTOn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

If the magic really want to win then Stan Van Gundy should start crying in front of the TV cameras the day before each game, It works for ME !!!!!
Pat Garrity

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

if i play we win... i am the best player in this team....period!!!
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Somehow I think I smell the beginning of a 5 game losing streak. Dallas shoots 51 percent from the field after shooting 30 something percent yesterday in Detroit ? They shot 60 percent in the 4th quarter. It appears as though the Magic may already have started their break right now. If they keep playing like this, then I am afraid a 5 game losing streak is inevitable.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Simply put, if this team does not stay committed to playing consistent defense then they will go nowhere fast. If they do then they have a fighting chance.
MrKnowItAll

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Nothing to be upset about from this game. It's still the facts the Magic are a 10/11/12 team in the NBA. Dallas is up in the top 6.
I suspect even Otis looked for a loss tonight.
Hang in there, they have a few cherry games coming up. Those are the ones that if they lose evryone and whine & complain as loud as you want.
You're welcome.
not the same

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

another team almost blows a 19 point lead - I thought only the magic do that

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Hey they hit their shots tonight, we didnt. We lose. The game was close but it was not our night. NEXT

This concept of losing leads is common to every team in the NBA. You very seldom get blowouts and any team that takes a big lead the other team almost always makes a comeback. People are making a lot to do about it, but not holding large leads is the norm in the NBA. Most comments dealing with the subject are simply unrealistic. The better stat is who can score with 2 minutes left on the clock and this team has a good track record this year in that department. However, not tonight.
ORLANDOM1977

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Cry babies...that's all i can hear from you...especially that jim.we lost a game and now he predicted "a 5 game losing streak".It's the end of the world blah blah.A cliche.Like all that noise that it's done about Nelson.There are 32 games left or so.I bet you all cry babies predict 32 or so defeats ?:DD

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

My only complaint is that this has happened too often mainly against good teams, but not always is the Magic lose the first period badly and then have to struggle to get back into the game. Only one game were they able to make a comeback.
I just wish that the team would remember to show up for the first period and that Howard would remember how to hit his freethrows just like he does in practice.

Since: May 07

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Yeah OUCH!, We were at this game 10 rows up behind the vistor bench. I know Dallas is good but we didnt defend anyone until 10 min to go. This is the first game Ive been too all year and I will tell you the defense looked terrible in person, non existant. Our guys were not getting after it at all. It was tough to watch. With being sad I would say anyone but D12,Hedo,Evans,Rashard should be shopped for some defense and power forward help. If a old Y-league player like me can see it, why cant Otis? Dirk abused RAshard all night long, Rashard is a good 3 but gets used when matching up against a good 4. And could somebody get a hand up in a shooters face???Terry and Howard were shooting wide open jump shots.

I dont know if they showed it on tv but they put this little skit up on the jumbotron, where the copied the coors light commercial. They had young reporters asking Van Gundy questions with canned responses from him. They were using responses from one of his rants after a bad loss with comments like embarrasing and disgusting effort. Well while this thing was playing D12 stopped warming up and watched and he was noticeably ticked off watching his Coach bash the team. It was enlightning

On the flip side I would say Mo Evans looked really good in person, lots of energy on defense all around good.

Cook is terrible, with a body like that and no skills around the basket, what a tragedy.

Last night Reddick couldve surly helped but unfortunatly Evans is our best defensive player right now at gaurd.
not the same

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

That was my point - the night the Magic blew a large lead against Miami the same night Boston lost a large lead - like you said it is very common
bbut one wouldn't know it by reading this board
Nanningbob wrote:
Hey they hit their shots tonight, we didnt. We lose. The game was close but it was not our night. NEXT
This concept of losing leads is common to every team in the NBA. You very seldom get blowouts and any team that takes a big lead the other team almost always makes a comeback. People are making a lot to do about it, but not holding large leads is the norm in the NBA. Most comments dealing with the subject are simply unrealistic. The better stat is who can score with 2 minutes left on the clock and this team has a good track record this year in that department. However, not tonight.
javier3227

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Mitchell UK, there is it, I told you that the 1 on 1 plays will affect us, 0 ball movement, as a result of all of the miss shots from torku, nobody else was involved. They can't go to the playoffs with those type of plays. BTW that why Torku is not an allstar, even with all those ass and rebs his miss shots killed us.
Cheech

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Man, It's a good thing we got Carlos Arroyo!!
tony

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

If Redick would have played the magic win by 20!!
Jones

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

"Coach [Stan Van Gundy] reminded us that they got their butts kicked in Detroit, so they're going to come with a lot of energy and enthusiasm," point guard Carlos Arroyo said. "We knew what kind of team we were facing."

If you knew who you were facing, it'd be nice to see some of your own energy and some DEFENSE at the end of the game, fellas.
Knightshift

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

javier3227 wrote:
Mitchell UK, there is it, I told you that the 1 on 1 plays will affect us, 0 ball movement, as a result of all of the miss shots from torku, nobody else was involved. They can't go to the playoffs with those type of plays. BTW that why Torku is not an allstar, even with all those ass and rebs his miss shots killed us.
Hedo Turkoglu: Triple Double last night; Eastern Conference Player of the Week...AGAIN; 2nd leading scorer on the team; 2nd leading rebounder on the team; 2nd on the team in assists per game. Take your sour grapes someplace else. Of course, we only hear from the Rican community when Arroyo is actually playing well enough to get into the games. After he finds himself buried on the bench again, I'm sure you'll vanish from sight.
Billy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Dallas punished Orlando 47-34 on the boards.

Come playoff time this type of stat line will really standout. Lewis is out of position and will get punished repeatedly. Hope for Battie to be healthy soon.
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

What's the latest BS on why Redick didn't play again? He could have helped. Don't embarrass yourself by the old defense argument. Look at the defense from the backcourt. Couldn't get any worse. Van Gundy admitted that JJ is playing good defense in practice. Then we find out that JJ is playing great offense in practice. Otis giggles as Rome burns.
2sense

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Here's a lil tidbit that should make JJ & his agent thrilled.

"Van Gundy did indicate that Turkoglu could be moved to shooting guard next season and Lewis to his natural small-forward position, the moves likely predicated on Battie's recovery."

That's mentioned in Schmitzs article on Lewis not wanting to be in the 3 point contest.

Tony, Tony, Tony! You finally have seen the light, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Avery Johnson Discussions

Search the Avery Johnson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did the Interstate 35W bridge fall down? Ev... (Jul '10) Jul '10 ron 2
The King and his courtship: Nets billionaire ow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 tazd62 1
The King and his courtship: Nets billionaire ow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Muff Daddy 4
Tyreke Evans returns from injury, but his Sacra... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Sammy 2
Some Orlando Magic fans are sure refs will rig ... (May '09) May '09 Magic Fan 119
Avery Johnson Jealous? (Apr '09) Apr '09 alwaysfor the mavs 1
Battling tougher defenses puts Jordan ahead of ... (Mar '07) Feb '09 WORD_LIFE 32
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••