Pistons misfiring since AI trade

The biggest trade of the season is looking a bit lopsided so far. Allen Iverson , a star at Bethel High, thought he was going to a championship contender when the Nuggets sent him to Detroit for Chauncey ... Read more
Hampton resident

Hampton, VA

#1 Dec 21, 2008
Why am I not surprised. Iverson is not a very good team player and he is a chucker. Bad trade for the Pistons.
Tiffany

United States

#2 Dec 21, 2008
oh hell no,hes the ultimate teammate,he makes those losers on that team better my dude,watch more of allens highlights,hes the sh!t
josh

Grand Haven, MI

#3 Feb 22, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
oh hell no,hes the ultimate teammate,he makes those losers on that team better my dude,watch more of allens highlights,hes the sh!t
Spoken like a true AI fan
Tiffany

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2009
yes,i am a true a.i fan

the answer
ben

Columbus, IN

#5 Feb 23, 2009
allen iverson tight but he aint much of a team player like billips he allways wanna score lol and alll those losers on that team wtf lol aint no body on dat team a loser except u my guy so get da fuk outta here allen iverson only averaging 5 assist a game wow dont get me wrong allen iverson tight but naw he aint a team player the other thing that makes the pistons lack is dat dumb coach michael curry he dont let allen iverson "da truth" do what he was brought to the pistons four to score
tim

Grand Haven, MI

#7 Mar 2, 2009
Iverson sucks, his injury is the best thing that could happen to the pistons. At
least now they will make the playoffs.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#8 Mar 3, 2009
allen shouldnt be treated like this
RU SH10ME

Newport News, VA

#9 Mar 3, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
allen shouldnt be treated like this
You are right , he should never been allowed to play professionaly in the first place ,but the court system looked the other way and the little thug that led a mob beating on an innocent family got off the charge , he is a disgrace !!
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#10 Mar 3, 2009
yo,you have nerve.he is not a thug,carmelo anthony,and jr smith are thugs,hes the best point guard to ever play the game
RU SH10ME

Newport News, VA

#11 Mar 3, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
yo,you have nerve.he is not a thug,carmelo anthony,and jr smith are thugs,hes the best point guard to ever play the game
He is nothing but little punk from 757 that cant fight 1 on 1 thats why his thug buddies jumped in , just another primate that can bounce a ball !!
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#12 Mar 3, 2009
no hes not,hes the best at whhat he does,and he knows how to break ankles too,watch yours
RU SH10ME

Newport News, VA

#13 Mar 3, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
no hes not,hes the best at whhat he does,and he knows how to break ankles too,watch yours
That punk better stick to bouncing a ball , I would like to see him again , he will get my ankle down his throat this time and not in his aazz !!

Since: Apr 07

United States

#15 Mar 3, 2009
Its easy to point at somebody and say "its his fault." Truth of the matter is, that Joe Dumars brought a guy who can make get his own shots, into a system, and a team that simply does not need him.

This is not Iverson's fault.

Quick, name one teammate on the Sixer team that Iverson led to the finals...

Don't feel bad, most people can't.

That team was a bunch of roll-players who defered to Iverson every game. The same as Wilt dominated the teams he played on in Philly and San Francisco.

Without Chamberlain they were not good, and Philly is still trying to be as good without Iverson. The one thing Iverson has never had is a great center. If you placed Iverson with Dwight Howard, let's say... You would have a combination that would win 60 games. Reason, Howard is capable of scoring 20 to 30 points a night without the offense running thru him. Wilt was the same way. That is what a dominating center does.

Back to my initial point. Great small guys are usually lost UNTIL they get a great big guy around them. Oscar Robertson put up great stats but won no ring until the Bucks drafted Abdul-Jabbar, the same with Jerry West until the Lakers picked up Wilt.

Allen Iverson will probably not win a championship because after this experiment, he will go to a bad team where he will be counted on at six feet tall, to be the main scorer on a team that just needs him to fill the seats.
tim

Grand Haven, MI

#16 Mar 3, 2009
Jay-C eazy wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah he sucks and he is number 16 on the all-time scorers list in the nba. sorry buddy, but you don't make that list unless you got skills. so shut your sorry a$$ up. i know your jsut mad because you haven't made the basketball team since middle school, and that really burns your a$$, but don't talk about shyt you dont know about.
That's why he's coming off the bench, so don't talk about shyt you don't know about. Number 16 don't mean nothin without a title.
tim

Grand Haven, MI

#18 Mar 3, 2009
Patrick Ewing was a great unselfish player that made the playoffs more than he didn't. You can't say that about A.I. He would rather score thirty and lose than come off the bench and win and you know that. He is a terrible fit for this team and maybe when he's traded to the bobcats in the off season he can get his 30 points and 3 assists. So lets compare apples to apples Jay- Cheazzy
tim

Grand Haven, MI

#20 Mar 3, 2009
Jay-C eazy wrote:
<quoted text>
okay we will compare apples with apples. kobe bryant, arguably one of the greatest players to ever step foot on the hardwood. alot of people considered him a ballhog. he has won titles. iverson is over top of him in scoring of all time. now for you to even be mentioned in a sentence like that means you are no slouch. and when did a.i. have a team that was even worthy of making the playoffs? you can't name one, you know why? because he never had one. in which he still led them to the finals. come on are you going to really say that allen iverson is not a great player? i think it's deeper than basketball with you mr. tim. i think you just don't like him, maybe because of how he used to act up alot. there is no way your going to tell me that allen iverson is not a great basketball player,it's foolish to even consider it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but A.I.'s been in the finals one time with a pretty good team and an excellent coach he just hasn't evolved into what kobe, wade, and james have.
Kobe was a selfish player, he became a complete player and now has the ability to accomplish what ever needs to be done to win the game and that's why he has all the titles. I'm just saying that as far as a being a team player goes, A.I.'s not the guy. The pistons are loaded with role players that put together wins games and A.I. is a superstar(offensive) who has the ability to take over the game but, does he have the ability to feed the hot hand and make plays that in return make all the players around him better? I myself do not think so, at least not right now. Nuggets were a pretty good team with A.I. but now with Chauncey, well I guess their record speaks for itself. Allen Iverson one on one in his prime can't be beat their I said it but as far as a team player he sucks. This is just my opinion and also I made the 9th grade team as well.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#22 Mar 5, 2009
leave allen alone,hes injured,and before he got injured,he was the only piston playing hard
tim

Grand Haven, MI

#23 Mar 10, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
leave allen alone,hes injured,and before he got injured,he was the only piston playing hard
Now that he is on the bench the Pistons are playing like they have for the last 6 years explain that one.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#24 Mar 11, 2009
nah,they need allen,and theyre in 6th place in the playoff race,thats not all that good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio McDyess Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs don't want just anybody at center (Dec '11) Dec '11 Cowboy fan11 3
News Grizzlies seal stunning upset by knocking off S... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Educated What 1
News Bosh, Heat pay back Spurs with 30-point romp (Mar '11) Mar '11 jerryj 1
News San Antonio Spurs v Los Angeles Lakers (Feb '11) Feb '11 jason -trinidad 1
News Near miss against Spurs pains Timberwolves (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 11
News For better or worse, Joe Dumars moves boldly (Jul '09) Jul '09 Ron B 1
News Bynum goes off to help Pistons escape Bobcats (Apr '09) Apr '09 PistonsEatPoop 2
More from around the web