Magic fall to Pistons...again

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Chauncey Billups scored 28 points and Richard Hamilton added 22 to give the Detroit Pistons a 94-89 win over the Orlando Magic on Friday night.
Comments
1 - 20 of 60 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2007
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
vic

AOL

#1 Feb 23, 2007
plainly , just a bunch of heartless gutless losers
jim

Owensboro, KY

#2 Feb 23, 2007
Imagine if you will a fathers vs sons game of pick up basketball in the backyard. The fathers, to make their sons feel good about themslves ,allow the sons to hang around for awhile. But when up comes down to crunch time the fathers put the game away when it counts. I think it's easy to tell who the Magic resemble the most. Turn up the heat on this team and they wilt like an old flower.
Tyler Durden

AOL

#3 Feb 23, 2007
Way to go Otis Smith for not working the phones hard enough to dump some of the bums on this roster like Hedo Turkoglu and Grant Hill!! Grant Hill is starting to run on empty (no big surprise) and Hedo thinks he's Michael Jordan, taking all those jump shots, the problem is that he can't hit them, and continues to shoot a low percentage....This season is over
Tyler Durden

AOL

#4 Feb 23, 2007
Even if the Magic do make the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed, they will get swept in the first round like all the other Brian Hill coached teams in the 90's..remember that? I know some Brian Hill supporters will say, what about the 95 Finals? Sure, the Magic reached the finals in spite of Brian Hill but they were swept by an old Houston Rockets team that they should have beaten to win the championship.
Angry

United States

#5 Feb 23, 2007
The Magic SUCK... i'm tired of this
stan the man

Orlando, FL

#7 Feb 23, 2007
B. Hill was trippin again. Ariza was ready to go, and did not play b/c ??????????
G-mo

AOL

#8 Feb 23, 2007
I'm sick of this piece of crap magic team...Yes the magic will probably make the play-offs,undeserving,but only because of how tragic the east has been lately. Besides...they'll most likely get swept then come up with some pitiful excuse as to why they did...
MagicAtic

Winter Park, FL

#9 Feb 23, 2007
Tank the season and go for a top 5 pick because anything lower belongs to Detroit.
MagicAtic

Winter Park, FL

#10 Feb 23, 2007
B.Hill is not the problem. He has drawn up 3 game winning plays. The Magic players just continue to make bonehead plays. He needs to go back to the Shaq offense where Howard, like Shaq, gets the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! Darko should be on the otherside, ala Horace wating for the open jum shot, Jameer/Arroyo, better yet Diener feeding him the ball ala Skiles/Hardaway. Crap, I ran out of players. The others can't shoot like Nick and Scott. JJ's D sux too bad. Garrity sux to the extreme.

I remember last season when all of us were complaining about Garrity getting too many minutes. Is Hedo this years Garrity. YES HE IS!!! BENCH HIM EVERY TIME HE MISSES A SHOT!!!

We get better players around Howard. Couple of vets to go along with Darko and Ariza and we will have a contender.

Those 3 should be the only untouchables.

11 YEARS WAITING FOR A CONTENDING PRODUCT AND COUNTING!!!!!
MagicAtic

Winter Park, FL

#11 Feb 23, 2007
I should have recorded the entire '95 season (except for the finals) so that I can watch that and pretend that its the actual season while the Magic figure out how to put and KEEP a contending team together.
G-mo

AOL

#12 Feb 23, 2007
MagicAtic wrote:
I should have recorded the entire '95 season (except for the finals) so that I can watch that and pretend that its the actual season while the Magic figure out how to put and KEEP a contending team together.
LMAO...so true!
John

San Antonio, TX

#13 Feb 23, 2007
I think that incredible start we had was a fluke. The Magic are back where they were at last season, losing.
mojo

Sun, LA

#15 Feb 23, 2007
when shaq left, i got pissed at him for rolling out. If dwight decides to roll out because some of his teammates, coaching staff and management continue keep their heads up their cracks, where ever he goes i go. hope this team can get it together.
Luis

United States

#16 Feb 23, 2007
This team needs to hustle more and come out with more energy!! its sad to watch the magic who had high hopes this season back to the draft lottery..
moneyman

Tulsa, OK

#17 Feb 23, 2007
i think that otis smith has done a great job. he is the reason we have any hope because if you guys remember john gabriel(old GM) is the one who made all the bad choices(i.e.Grant Hill) i also think that howard is only taking like 15 shots a night he needs to be taking close to 25 shots a night
Swoose

United States

#18 Feb 24, 2007
What else is new? The Orlando Magic team is a bunch of losers. Send them packing.
Larry

United States

#19 Feb 24, 2007
toss in the towell, the season is over!
Brian Hill has to instill some fire in these players, sure he can draw up a winning play every now and then but if he cant put some energy and consistency in the team then why is he still coach?
New arena? yea, right!
Magicfan 2

United States

#20 Feb 24, 2007
I can't believe that people think that Brian Hill is a good coach, I am far from being a coaching expert so would appreciate those who are ansering these questions:
1. Why was Ariza not given minutes, when Hill said it would take him 3-5 games to get back into it?
2. Why does he continue to start Hedo?
3. Why doesn't he continue JJ's development, we need a scorer and he has proved he can score?
4. Why do both Nelson and Arroyo dribble the ball past half-way, make a turn, dribble some more and then pass with only 8 seconds left, usually to someone who is not in a position to shoot?
5. Why doesn't Hill change things when they are going wrong and always sticks to his substitution patterns?
Just five questions which I would appreciate answers from you experts to help me understand please. GO MAGIC.
Disappointed

Trieste, Italy

#21 Feb 24, 2007
My favorite thing about this game were the post comments from the players. Got to love a team who days prior said that they would come out with fire and intensity and admitted that they haven't been giving that for a while. Then after a game in which they went scoreless and showed no heart or intensity for the first 10 mins of the 4th come out and say "we were competatitive if we do that the rest of the season we will be good" Uhm what the hell is that? I mean honestly how many times do I have to suffer through these discussions that the players are going to turn it on the next game I'm at 27 and counting TURN IT ON ALREADY.

What did Otis "I like this team the way they are" Smith not see in the ways of shooting from Vince Carter? I hate VC as a person but there is no denying that he can hit an open jump shot in the 4th quarter.

And to answer one of MagicFn2s question the reason Hill didn't play Ariza is because he saw the team slipping into their routine of passionless ball and didn't want to shake things up. I mean why mess with the chemistry they were all on the same page granted it was a losing page they were all comitted to the same objective and Ariza would have been bucking the system by bringing heart and by hustling.

God I can't wait to see who Detroit picks up with our lottery pick, cause if they get someone good then the Magic will have to actually spend the money to bring back Darko. Make no mistake NJ and NY will take the 7th and 8th spots if the Magic dont learn how to care about playing winning ball. Or at least care more about it than their post game interviews about how great they are and that they are waiting to flip a switch they just dont want to flip it to early ala Shaq and the Lakers.
John B

Tampa, FL

#22 Feb 24, 2007
The Magic won't make the playoffs! Nelson and Turkoglu are bums! Not starters. Ottis Smith is just sitting back and letting them FADE! He will be gone at the end of the year for his do nothing approach and doesn't even know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio McDyess Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spurs don't want just anybody at center (Dec '11) Dec '11 Cowboy fan11 3
Grizzlies seal stunning upset by knocking off S... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Educated What 1
Bosh, Heat pay back Spurs with 30-point romp (Mar '11) Mar '11 jerryj 1
San Antonio Spurs v Los Angeles Lakers (Feb '11) Feb '11 jason -trinidad 1
Near miss against Spurs pains Timberwolves (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 11
For better or worse, Joe Dumars moves boldly (Jul '09) Jul '09 Ron B 1
Bynum goes off to help Pistons escape Bobcats (Apr '09) Apr '09 PistonsEatPoop 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Antonio McDyess People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••