This time, white might mean 'surrender'

This time, white might mean 'surrender'

There are 51 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 27, 2007, titled This time, white might mean 'surrender'. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

MIAMI Heat fans arrived in white Friday. Surrender could come as early as Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
motor city mojo

AOL

#1 Apr 27, 2007
Just like what happened to Detroit after getting swept by Chicago in the 91 eastern conf finals. Heat fans get ready for a major overhaul. This team is done, Shaq will not be back. We all know that he will say that he will be back, but lets face it folks Shaq is getting old and he can't keep going up and down court quick like he used too on that bad foot and knees. Shaq has his rings, He does not have anything else to prove anymore, after this Shaq is gone. Walker,Payton,Mourning and Williams are all gone. The Heat team you will see next year is one that will barly make it to the playoffs. I'm sorry this series with the bulls should be a 6 or 7 game series, not a series where the defending champs are on the verge of being wiped out after only 3 games. Blame Riley for keeping certain players one year too long, instead of going after young players, he kept tired old player. Well miami dont feel to bad at least you did get a championship with this team, But that this team has too many old player on it. The only thing i can say is repeat after me DEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALLLLL.
Hyperdude

Covington, LA

#3 Apr 28, 2007
embarrassing,imept,lazy. This team should have retired along with Ira winderbag and Riley. The schleps lost again! I keep telling you people,thier old,slow and they can't even make free throws for God's sake,how bad is that?
Even with no one guarding them they can't make a shot. Shaq should retire,he gets foulded and he can't make 2 easy shots. He definately aint a great center. This bullcrap he says, "i make em when it counts,yeah right,i guess none of the games count. He talks a big game, but he's blowin' smoke,he stinks. Even Wade can't make free throws! He's starting to catch schlepitis too.
jack

Manila, Philippines

#4 Apr 28, 2007
Youth has been served!
jack

Manila, Philippines

#5 Apr 28, 2007
motor city mojo wrote:
Just like what happened to Detroit after getting swept by Chicago in the 91 eastern conf finals. Heat fans get ready for a major overhaul. This team is done, Shaq will not be back. We all know that he will say that he will be back, but lets face it folks Shaq is getting old and he can't keep going up and down court quick like he used too on that bad foot and knees. Shaq has his rings, He does not have anything else to prove anymore, after this Shaq is gone. Walker,Payton,Mourning and Williams are all gone. The Heat team you will see next year is one that will barly make it to the playoffs. I'm sorry this series with the bulls should be a 6 or 7 game series, not a series where the defending champs are on the verge of being wiped out after only 3 games. Blame Riley for keeping certain players one year too long, instead of going after young players, he kept tired old player. Well miami dont feel to bad at least you did get a championship with this team, But that this team has too many old player on it. The only thing i can say is repeat after me DEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALLLLL.
It would be years again before the heat become contenders once again, even Detroit they are in the brink of extinction. If they play the bulls, they won't win. Don't you know that any team webber plays with, he jinxes it, wait and see!
jack

Manila, Philippines

#6 Apr 28, 2007
Hyperdude wrote:
embarrassing,imept,lazy. This team should have retired along with Ira winderbag and Riley. The schleps lost again! I keep telling you people,thier old,slow and they can't even make free throws for God's sake,how bad is that?
Even with no one guarding them they can't make a shot. Shaq should retire,he gets foulded and he can't make 2 easy shots. He definately aint a great center. This bullcrap he says, "i make em when it counts,yeah right,i guess none of the games count. He talks a big game, but he's blowin' smoke,he stinks. Even Wade can't make free throws! He's starting to catch schlepitis too.
Too bad for Shaq, time to quit with he rest of the oldies! Time to rebuild.
Sylvia

Torrington, CT

#7 Apr 28, 2007
The Heat has been playing hard this whole season and doing a great job but there has been so many injuries this year. Dwayne Wade is playing through his pain and doing the best he can against against all odds, just watching Dwayne's face tells how he feels. No matter what the outcome is on Sunday they made our season fun and exciting.....Go Heat!!
mustwin1

Homestead, FL

#8 Apr 28, 2007
Heat tickets buyers did not get much for their money this year. A "built for the playoffs" team that wasted the regular season and then 0-3 during the "real season". Injury excuses? Would it have mattered if Shaq was healthy all year?

Next year, you'll get much less: No Mourning (no playoffs without him this year), a nailed-to-the-floor Shaq, aging JWill, no GP for backup, more tippie toes, yikes! I can only hope that the team can start to rebuild around Wade, Udonis, Posey & Kapono, if they can resign PosKap.
nasteshia

West End, NC

#9 Apr 28, 2007
does anybody have faith.. it aint over yet.. lets go heat. this is were fans are suppose to support their team... i know iam disappointed as a fan.. but iam still a fan, and iam going to support my team, LETS GO HEAT! i still believe!
Sylvia

Torrington, CT

#10 Apr 28, 2007
jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad for Shaq, time to quit with he rest of the oldies! Time to rebuild.
It's always a pleasure hearing from a pessimist.
hamza

Miami, FL

#11 Apr 28, 2007
thats it it over
MIAMI HEAT KILLAS

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 28, 2007
I TOLD U GUYS WE WERE GONNA SWEEP THE HEAT!!! PUT A FORK IN IT THE HEAT ARE DONE....
MIAMI HEAT KILLAS

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 28, 2007
HEAT TEAM GET READY FOR THE LOTTERY FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS!!! SHAQ AUDI 5000 AND SO IS THE REST. THE BULLS DYNASTY IS BACK IN DA BUILDIN. WE CRUSHED THE HEAT AND THE PISTONS 3-1 BOTH IN THE REGULAR SEASON. PLUS THE HOME CROWD AT MIAMI IS DULL. IT'S A BUNCH OF PEOPLE YELLING RANDOM THINGS. UNLIKE THE BULLS COMMING UP WITH THE WHOLE ARENA YELLING POSEY-SUCKS... WERE SET FOR THE NEXT 5-7 YEARS ALL OUR GUYS ARE 20 TO 25 YEARS OLD. WE HAVE THE MOST ATHLETIC ROOKIE FROM THIS YEARS DRAFT. ALSO DRAFTED A 6-7 PG WITH A 7 FOOT WINGSPAND AKA DWADE STOPPER. AND OH YEAH THANKS ISAHIA FOR THE A TOP PICK IN NEXT YEARS DRAFT. DA BULLS BACK IN THE SPOTLIGHT WHERE WE BELONG!!!

Since: Dec 06

Chicago suburb

#14 Apr 28, 2007
MIAMI HEAT KILLAS wrote:
I TOLD U GUYS WE WERE GONNA SWEEP THE HEAT!!! PUT A FORK IN IT THE HEAT ARE DONE....
Please, enough already with the "caps"! We get it, you're screaming at us, but it's too hard to read, so I just skip your posts..

Since: Dec 06

Chicago suburb

#15 Apr 28, 2007
Damn those freethrows!! Shaq, Mr. "I Make Them When I Need Them", is a liability, sorry to say.

I'll give Dwyane a pass, because of his injury, but c'mon guys just a few more would have given us the win.

And quit it with the 3 pt. shots when you can drive to the basket! Too many of those last night.

Not much else to say, It's not looking good, but I will still watch and cheer on Sunday.

GO HEAT!!
one game at a time

AOL

#16 Apr 28, 2007
un partido a la vez
bob

Louisville, KY

#17 Apr 28, 2007
ok boys three down and one to go..... let's get this over in four and on to bigger and better things. GOOOOO BULLS.......
MIAMI HEAT KILLAS

Chicago, IL

#18 Apr 28, 2007
deadendangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, enough already with the "caps"! We get it, you're screaming at us, but it's too hard to read, so I just skip your posts..
IT'S COOL IT'S HARD TO READ THE TRUTH SOMETIMES. BRING OUT THE BROOMS..
Steve

Quezon City, Philippines

#19 Apr 28, 2007
pistons will be the champ this year!!!
UKOH

United States

#20 Apr 28, 2007
The Heat lost last night for one reason. FRIGIN' FREE THROWS!!! Look at the difference in points between the free throws the Heat missed and the ones the Bulls made - ball game!

I am sorry, but when High School students, male and female, make free throws with ease I FIND NO EXCUSE FOR OVERPAID OVERHYPED PROFESSIONALS!

Between now and the next game if I were Riley I would have the entire team practising free throws 10 hours a day !!!!
alejo

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Apr 28, 2007
heat, worst team on the playoffs this year. i dont remeber excatly what was the record without wade, but now that wade is back the heat is like 2 / 6 ... unfortunately heat sucks... bulls great team...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Walker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antoine Walker - nude! (Jun '12) Jun '12 Elvira 1
News O.J. Mayo's Agent Owns Some Questionable Property (Nov '11) Nov '11 steve 1
News More debt troubles for Walker (Jun '10) Jun '10 OneRyder 4
News Ex-Miami Heat player Antoine Walker charged wit... (Jan '09) Oct '09 Abel mendieta 22
News The Great Power Forward Search of 2009: The Fie... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 2
News Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 2
News Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 DirtyWater 2
More from around the web