HYDE: Turns out `free' throws cost Heat win

MIAMI Do you realize you could have saved the Heat season? That you could have done what Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal couldn't Friday night? You're telling me you couldn't swish half your free throws? You ... Full Story
Mr Ocala

Apopka, FL

#1 Apr 28, 2007
As Lou Saban uttered on his T.V. show in '78 when Miami lost a game to then pathetic F.S.U.and was questioned why, he answered, "My boys aren't good enough." Outcoached outplayed and outclassed,he blamed his players not himself. Although there was some truth in that. His wife hung herself soon after..Did you forget matchups Riles???
Madison Square Gordon

AOL

#4 Apr 28, 2007
Go BULLS!
Nuff Said!
luis estrada

Miami, FL

#6 Apr 28, 2007
It took the Bulls nine years to win a playoff series after being in the lottery 7 or 8 straight times. What is the big deal? Shame on them it took them so long.
S Side Chicago

Vernon Hills, IL

#7 Apr 28, 2007
luis estrada wrote:
It took the Bulls nine years to win a playoff series after being in the lottery 7 or 8 straight times. What is the big deal? Shame on them it took them so long.
Under the post MJ regime the Bulls traded away all those 1st rounders who weren't busts (Elton B & Artest), J-Will's career ended on a motor cycle, & the twin towers of Curry/Chandler never developed fully in 4 seasons. Under the Skiles/Paxson the Bulls are 3 for 3 in playoff appearance and are about to sweep the world champs.
Bob Stone Sarasota

AOL

#8 Apr 28, 2007
luis estrada wrote:
Maybe they were constantly blinded from the glare for the six championship trophies. Let's see how long it takes the Heat to win another one. Unfortunately, D Wade is going to become the next KG.

“I am not Going to Alabama!”

Since: Jan 07

NFL is Over My Head, USA

#9 Apr 28, 2007
Who cares about the Heat when you got Ted Ginn and Family to take you through and guide you through these difficult sports times.???

And it is comical that Riles got himself repaired, knee or heap or whatever but forgot to repair his aging team who now at such times unable to dribble and pass. Watching the comical Antoine Walker trying to make a pass, or dribble the ball off his face, and to see Mourning at such a low point when he just does not have anything left, and to watch those two and Shaquille grab a rebound about 1 inch from the basket and not be able to jump up 2 inches to dunk it, waiting for the foul to take place, never finishing the play, well then come the free throws of these tired old men.

I guess it is better than Seikaly and Pearl Washington and Alec Kessler but one can see how great Dwayne Wade really was when healthy that brought up all these bums over the top last year.

Riley was selfish in self-repairing his troubles and not repairing this wounded team which could not even gather enough ummfff to collect 2 or 3 more victories at the end of the year so that they would not have to play these Bulls.

Now back to Tedd Ginn and that 30 year old rookie mormon that are going to save the Dolphins (by the time that he learns the playbook and the league he will be 30 but at least being Mormon he will stay away from South Beach and Strip Joints).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... I am so rich and relaxed here in Alabama with my Coonass friends and miscellaneous nosepickers that idolize me not realizing that I could bolt anytime things go South on me.

Hu-Saban
ANDERSON REMY

Miami, FL

#10 Apr 28, 2007
wade is suck coby is the best player in the league. at least lakers have one w they're going to sweep miami off play off that's a shame wade call himself all star can't even take over the game in the fourth quater. walker and posey did all they could do to win wade and oneil mess up i'm a better free throws than wade
Saying goodbye

Hialeah, FL

#11 Apr 28, 2007
ANDERSON REMY wrote:
wade is suck coby is the best player in the league. at least lakers have one w they're going to sweep miami off play off that's a shame wade call himself all star can't even take over the game in the fourth quater. walker and posey did all they could do to win wade and oneil mess up i'm a better free throws than wade
Bob Stone Sarasota wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they were constantly blinded from the glare for the six championship trophies. Let's see how long it takes the Heat to win another one. Unfortunately, D Wade is going to become the next KG.
Wade has the heart, passion and character of a great player. Reminds me a lot MJ in that respect, so I wouldn't ever compare KG to wade. There's a big difference. Wade will make himself and the players around him better.

Yeah kobe wins the best scorer award, but where is his rings without shaq? Yeah while kobe is making himself look better everyday, his teammates are looking worse. See how something is missing here. Fact is at the time shaq was on LA, shaq made everyone around him better, not kobe.

We'll see how much further wade advances when he's kobe's age.
GlenRice

New York, NY

#12 Apr 30, 2007
WORST defending champs EVER!!!! Riles really screwed up when deciding not to re-tool that roster and EJ doesn't count. EJ had ZERO impact! Why did they bring back 'Toine, he is a complete loaf that would only become lazier after he got his ring. Why bring back GP and J Will? They have both been broken and/or old the last few years, so why expect it to be different a year later?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Walker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antoine Walker - nude! (Jun '12) Jun '12 Elvira 1
O.J. Mayo's Agent Owns Some Questionable Property (Nov '11) Nov '11 steve 1
More debt troubles for Walker (Jun '10) Jun '10 OneRyder 4
Ex-Miami Heat player Antoine Walker charged wit... (Jan '09) Oct '09 Abel mendieta 22
The Great Power Forward Search of 2009: The Fie... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 2
Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 2
Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 DirtyWater 2
More from around the web