As ugly as it gets

As ugly as it gets

There are 90 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 22, 2007, titled As ugly as it gets. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A veteran team with a 21-point lead against an inexperienced, injury-depleted team usually gets a victory, right? Not when you're the Indiana Pacers and not when you've yet to show you know how to seize an ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
CORNBREAD

Bloomington, IN

#81 Dec 24, 2007
True Pacer Fan wrote:
It's funny how the idiots come out of the woodwork on these comment sections when there's a bad loss but mysteriously absent when there's a nice victory.
Pathetic losers.
Who cares?
duh

Cincinnati, OH

#82 Dec 24, 2007
Zwingli the Miffed wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're intrinsic point is that ultimately Sean Taylor deserved to be murdered. I understand that point that you're making, and it really reflects badly on yourself. Tell you what, you feel so strongly about this, go up to Joe Gibbs and tell him that his dead player got what was coming to him.
Suffice it to say, I'm not surprised that Taylor lost his life. It's a part of the lifestyle he chose. Ya reap what ya sow.

As for Joe Gibbs, you can have him. I'll take Tony Dungy as my role model.
Zwingli the Miffed

Westminster, CO

#83 Dec 24, 2007
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Suffice it to say, I'm not surprised that Taylor lost his life. It's a part of the lifestyle he chose. Ya reap what ya sow.
As for Joe Gibbs, you can have him. I'll take Tony Dungy as my role model.
from the Wiki page on Sean Taylor:

The 2007 season seemed to represent a personal turnaround for Taylor. Before the season in a rare interview he is often quoted as saying "...you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say,'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that.'" His teammates said that he had finaly gotten his life straightned out. It was becasue of his daughter.[9]

I don't care that it's Christmas, but you sir are a vile human being.
Zwingli the Miffed

Westminster, CO

#84 Dec 24, 2007
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Suffice it to say, I'm not surprised that Taylor lost his life. It's a part of the lifestyle he chose. Ya reap what ya sow.
As for Joe Gibbs, you can have him. I'll take Tony Dungy as my role model.
The same Tony Dungy who has pretty vicious and heartless views about homosexuality?

I'd imagine if a Pacer coach, player, or official had a teenage son commit suicide you'd probably chime in with a "reap what you sow" comment, eh what fraktard?
duh

Cincinnati, OH

#85 Dec 24, 2007
Zwingli the Miffed wrote:
<quoted text>
The same Tony Dungy who has pretty vicious and heartless views about homosexuality?
I'd imagine if a Pacer coach, player, or official had a teenage son commit suicide you'd probably chime in with a "reap what you sow" comment, eh what fraktard?
It's truly amazing how you, when you're called out and proven wrong, you will try to spin and twist, and create new hypotheses in order to somehow support your warped viewpoint on life.

Tony Dungy's son was not a thug, so you are making a feeble attempt to switch subjects. You're trying to compare apples with oranges. Sean Taylor was a thug, and I'm not surprised that he met a thug's fate.

Merry Christmas.
ARS

Thousand Oaks, CA

#86 Dec 25, 2007
bing55 wrote:
Come on folks, it is early yet and these kinds of games are going to happen. I did not think the Pacers would be where they arenow,(500) but I was wrong. One game does not a season make. I say this and I am not sure about the Pacers yet either, but it is still early. Remember the Colts last year?? It can still happen.
right gettin yur butt kicked once a while does NOT mean yur team is bad. The Spurs lost to Memphis not too many games ago. If the Pacers were to play Minnesota in a 7 game series, they might win 2 at most so this game means nothing. Most of your so-loved Miami Heat,Cavs, Bulls are underachieving this year, the Magic are dropping, and the Raptors are not what they appeared to be last year either.GO PACERS
ARS

Thousand Oaks, CA

#87 Dec 25, 2007
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
It's truly amazing how you, when you're called out and proven wrong, you will try to spin and twist, and create new hypotheses in order to somehow support your warped viewpoint on life.
Tony Dungy's son was not a thug, so you are making a feeble attempt to switch subjects. You're trying to compare apples with oranges. Sean Taylor was a thug, and I'm not surprised that he met a thug's fate.
Merry Christmas.
being young and dumb did not make Sean Taylor a "thug". the people that took his life steal for a living, they were obvious thugs. Taylor was said to have grown up a lot since his childs birth and changed his life. the thugs attempted to bust in and rob some rich white guy only to be surprised to see who was on the other side of the door they opened. got scared and started gunnin and runnin. if they really WANTED to kill him they wouldnt have shot him near the jimmy, the kid prolly didnt even look to shoot he might have been running away and shooting to scare. yur point of when you life that kind of life THIS is what happens works for the teenagers tho, but Taylor had nothing to do with this
ARS

Thousand Oaks, CA

#88 Dec 25, 2007
Tinsley could have also become a murder victim, but he nor Taylor are thugs. Tinsley is a horny single man that goes to strip clubs, so these two guys have gotten into fights in the past, that doesnt make them thugs. thugs prefer to steal and kill for a living, they sure wouldnt become professional athletes... too many rules to follow
RespectTheWiggle

AOL

#89 Dec 27, 2007
It is not called a shimmy. It is called the wiggle. WIGGLE, Ask Jim O'Brien he knows all about it.

You can blame this loss on Jim O'Brien. If he didn't sell Antoine out in Boston then Antoine wouldn't have been motivated to make him pay.

Thanks for nothing O'Bie. Sure the Celtics are winning but they sold out. They put an idiot in charge and the only reason they have Garnett is because Kevin McHale is literally a stupid idiot.
ARS

Thousand Oaks, CA

#90 Dec 28, 2007
RespectTheWiggle wrote:
It is not called a shimmy. It is called the wiggle. WIGGLE, Ask Jim O'Brien he knows all about it.
You can blame this loss on Jim O'Brien. If he didn't sell Antoine out in Boston then Antoine wouldn't have been motivated to make him pay.
Thanks for nothing O'Bie. Sure the Celtics are winning but they sold out. They put an idiot in charge and the only reason they have Garnett is because Kevin McHale is literally a stupid idiot.
Garnett wanted to leave and you can't call a man that got rid of Latrell Sprewell and idiot, he was an aged grenade that you just know has potential of blowing up in your face. Also you didn't notice any free agents doing whatever it takes to jump on Garnett's boat. Ainge and idiot? he knew what he had to do to land Garnett and that was adding another all-star caliber player (Allen). Garnett started licking his lips and said "ok i like Boston now".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Walker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antoine Walker - nude! (Jun '12) Jun '12 Elvira 1
News O.J. Mayo's Agent Owns Some Questionable Property (Nov '11) Nov '11 steve 1
News More debt troubles for Walker (Jun '10) Jun '10 OneRyder 4
News Ex-Miami Heat player Antoine Walker charged wit... (Jan '09) Oct '09 Abel mendieta 22
News The Great Power Forward Search of 2009: The Fie... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 2
News Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 2
News Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 DirtyWater 2
More from around the web