With title hopes once again, Heat looking to forget last season

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

A year ago, Shaquille O'Neal said his motivation for the coming season was a fifth championship ring and bringing a second consecutive title to Miami.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Oct 30, 2007
Big D from Philly

Fleetwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

THe Heat's gonna be a lot better than people expect them to be w/o Wade with Shaq and Ricky Davis. It'll be tough but they'll hold serve. When D-Wade returns HEALTHY we all know what a determined and focused D-Wade can and will do. Wade will lead and all the other guys will feed off his energy, just like in the playoffs of 2006. If anyone really remembers no one either thought we'd win in 2006, we thrived in the UNDERDOG role. So here it is a year removed from the Championship and where are we back in the UNDERDOG roll again. I LOVE IT.... D-Wade is already pumped and we got some fresh talent ready to get a taste of 2006. If we're all healthy come playoffs we'll see another very good playoff run, even better than 2006......
Let's go HEAT!!!!!!!!!!
Communism is My Life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

0-82 Bay-bee!!! The heat are too crippled by age (Zo, Penny, the Big Phat-Lazy) and foolish pride (Wade actually believing his injured self could rest and still beat the Bulls by himself-grow up, Dude, no one is that good, not even Michael) to possibly stay healthy enough to contend. They have zero quality depth, so once the dominos fall, it's over. Say hello to the lottery,goodbye to Pat the Rat (think he'll endure 2006-2007 again??), watch Fat Boy sit 75% of the season with "injury" to collect his bogus paycheck, and watch D-Wade fly away to Chicago in 2010 to lead the true resurrection of the legend in that city. Anyone care to bet I'm not 100% correct on all these points? I thought not.
MARTIN

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Communism is My Life wrote:
0-82 Bay-bee!!! The heat are too crippled by age (Zo, Penny, the Big Phat-Lazy) and foolish pride (Wade actually believing his injured self could rest and still beat the Bulls by himself-grow up, Dude, no one is that good, not even Michael) to possibly stay healthy enough to contend. They have zero quality depth, so once the dominos fall, it's over. Say hello to the lottery,goodbye to Pat the Rat (think he'll endure 2006-2007 again??), watch Fat Boy sit 75% of the season with "injury" to collect his bogus paycheck, and watch D-Wade fly away to Chicago in 2010 to lead the true resurrection of the legend in that city. Anyone care to bet I'm not 100% correct on all these points? I thought not.
If U can't say anything positive about the Heat-stop posting please!!!
dribbler

Old Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

the tough early schedule works in the Heat's favor..they are not likely to do much the first 2 weeks since they have to do some jelling..may as well lose to the top teams now instead of the bad ones..and then with an easier schedule later start racking up some wins. if we get through November over .400 we will be in excellent position to make a big move when DW gets back. go Heat!
Communism is My Life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

Truth hurts-show me where I'm wrong about anything posted, instead of just assuming all is well because that is what you want. Life does not work that way. I'm closer to reality then you or the other starry-eyed Heat fans-Wade cannot save them this time. Bank on it (yes, the bet offer stands)
MARTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
If U can't say anything positive about the Heat-stop posting please!!!
communism is 4 losers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

Communism is My Life wrote:
i personally think u r retarded, and if ur name really describes u....well, cuba is wide open....go live in that communist country and see how much u love it moron. anyway, about the heat, i think you couldnt be farther from the truth. last season with a constant changing starting lineup and rotation, the heat still managed a 44 win season. ur point about age is worth nothing. if anything we got younger this year, minus the addition of penny.(who wont be anything more then a role player) we added a 28 year old very athletic ricky davis that is more then willing to come in a produce. and lastly, if d wade was to end up leaving WADE county (which is highly unlikely) the bulls would have to give up so much compensation that wade would have nothing to work with by the end of the trade. look at how no one is pickin up kobe bryant right now....they would have to give up far too much for him. its just not worth it....not everyone can make a trade like riley did with shaq a couple years ago....so basically im just tryin to make u realizes you know nothing that you speak of...so the best thing for you to do would just shut up and learn to speak only when spoken to ......IDIOT!! LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!
Communism is My Life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

Wade's departure in 2010 would be by free agency, as that is when his rookie horse-collar as re-upped last year expires. So, Bulls would have to give up nothing-Wade could and would move because Pat Riles mortgaged the future to steal one more title on Wade's back (Shaq was a bit player even then, receiving far too much respect from opposing teams, including the Mavs). So, the points still stand unrefuted by anything except hope by pollyannish fans such as yourself. I am in fact a fan myself, so I hope you are right and I am wrong. But I doubt it, because I choose to see the world as is, not as I want it to be. Realism is the best philosophy (obviously, the "Communism is my Life" moniker is meant ironically-anyone with half a brain knows human nature cannot generate the abstract love of those we have no tacile contact with to support a social system based on "to each according to his need, from each according to his capacity"-people will only work hard for themselves or those they love based on continued contact, not strangers, and certainly not foreigners-so, get a grip friend, and address the merits of my original post, if you can).
communism is 4 losers wrote:
<quoted text>
i personally think u r retarded, and if ur name really describes u....well, cuba is wide open....go live in that communist country and see how much u love it moron. anyway, about the heat, i think you couldnt be farther from the truth. last season with a constant changing starting lineup and rotation, the heat still managed a 44 win season. ur point about age is worth nothing. if anything we got younger this year, minus the addition of penny.(who wont be anything more then a role player) we added a 28 year old very athletic ricky davis that is more then willing to come in a produce. and lastly, if d wade was to end up leaving WADE county (which is highly unlikely) the bulls would have to give up so much compensation that wade would have nothing to work with by the end of the trade. look at how no one is pickin up kobe bryant right now....they would have to give up far too much for him. its just not worth it....not everyone can make a trade like riley did with shaq a couple years ago....so basically im just tryin to make u realizes you know nothing that you speak of...so the best thing for you to do would just shut up and learn to speak only when spoken to ......IDIOT!! LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antoine Walker Discussions

Search the Antoine Walker Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Antoine Walker - nude! (Jun '12) Jun '12 Elvira 1
O.J. Mayo's Agent Owns Some Questionable Property (Nov '11) Nov '11 steve 1
More debt troubles for Walker (Jun '10) Jun '10 OneRyder 4
Ex-Miami Heat player Antoine Walker charged wit... (Jan '09) Oct '09 Abel mendieta 22
The Great Power Forward Search of 2009: The Fie... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 2
Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 2
Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 DirtyWater 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••