Walker glad to be away from Riley

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Antoine Walker is not about to claim he is in a better place, not when he returned Monday to AmericanAirlines with the 3-19 Minnesota Timberwolves.
Comments
21 - 30 of 30 Comments Last updated Dec 28, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ira-sucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2007

If anyone wants a fair article to read that isn't about Ira hating on Walker try the Minny newspaper. Their article is factual . This article is crap

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/1257...
conch salad

Vail, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2007

first of all, i have been a heat fan since day 1... i used to go to all the games at the miami arena and go to most games at the aaa...

the fact is, toine wasnt THE problem, but he was a big one, and just because we got rid of him didnt mean we got rid of all our problems, but i would say that jacking up rushed 3's, dribbling the ball off his foot and constantly being a defensive liability FOR 9 MILLION A YEAR IS A JOKE!

He is soft as a marshmallow, and i dont think he would have seen many minutes had Riley not invested 9 mil a year into him...

So for you to say im not a heat fan, or that im an idiot, is ridiculous... you dont know me...

You're the piece of s**t from Boston coming on the Herald to hate on its writers...i know its depressing in boston, but get a life buddy
ira-sucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2007

I cannot think of a single organization in major league sports that wouldn't appreciate a player that helped them win a title.

ONLY Miami.

Pathetic
c-bird

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2007

GO HEAT wrote:
Most people are glad he is gone. He is the worst ball handeler I've ever seen.
Riley should talk the same trash about shaq 'cause he is going the same way.
you know nothing about b-ball shaq brought miami a championship now he is old but instead of respecting what he done for your team you disrespect him every chance you get. your no real fan just a bandwagon fan. you thought shaq could do no wrong when he was bringing you rings,but you probley think it was d-wade who brought that championship but i bet koby would disagree with that.you better enjoy shaq while he is still here again ask koby.without shaq it might be 30 years before they win another championship,thank him for what he has already done he deserves that.remember shaq has 4 rings and every team he has played for has played for a championship thats called special.yes he is 36 he cant do it forever but he has been the best for a long time i wish he would leave and get another ring before he retires a team that will pass him the ball would be better than 6-17 i promise the guy you should be haten on is riley he has talent but wont use it ,but everyone blames shaq who only gets 9 shots a game. and watches teammates throw up bricks every shot and thats shaqs fault?
ira-sucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2007

So depressing in Boston with the undefeated Patriots,ECC Revolution, Playoff bound Bruins, first place Celtics (who I hate) and WORLD CHAMPION Boston Red Sox.lol

Conch Salad you are a liar. You have not always been a heat fan. You write like a junior high school child (not spelling and such but R for are . U for you etc..)

You came when Shaq came like most of Miami.

I don't read Boston papers. They have been lifted from my life years ago because like this idiot writing for Miami they are full of old fat men incapable of writing fair and accurate articles.
ira-sucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2007

C-Bird,

Well said. It is to bad no one in this city seems to appreciate Shaq because there would be no title without him. Wade had plenty of opportunity to lead this team last year with Shaq hurt and he couldn't but Shaq was amazing when he was playing and Wade was hurt. He made all his teammates better and they helped him. Now the whole team refuses to even pass 60% shooter Shaq the ball.

Appreciate Riley for his part in the title but he is the problem now.

Walker was never the problem on this team and the record this team has right now proves that. FACTS suck when they shut up people like conch
conch salad

Vail, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

wow when did i ever use "r for are. or u for you"? and i was definitely not referring to boston sports, which are unbelievable at the moment, but boston in general ie not seeing the sun for months at a time...

i dont need to justify my fan "hood", b/c i HAVE been going to games since the Alan Ogg days, someone you would know nothing about b/c you werent at the Miami Arena chanting his name to watch him play 5 mins of hilariously awful bball...

you can spin stats any way you want, but it wont change the fact that IN MY OPINION, getting rid of toine and his crap contract was a victory in and of itself...

I wont stoop to your level and start name calling, but if you ever come to a heat game, you can come visit me in section 121, row 21, seats 3-7...

i hope to see you one day
i look for
ira-sucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

I have been to seven Heat games in Miami. Only one in the Shaq era.

Your opinion is ignorant bashing of players that won your team a title is stupid.

Blount's contract is a year longer and for as much or more money so again you are ignorant. This time of your own team.

Again not a band wagon fan? I don't believe you.

As for Boston the city you must have never even visited. You like the sun, some people love the snow.
conch salad

Vail, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

well thats too bad, it must be sad to root for a team you dont get to watch very often...

and it must kill you to know that i went to all the playoff games (including the finals) in 2006...

and i never ripped on any players besides Toine, who i have hated since he played for Boston...

im done with this, internet fights are for pussies and obviously you cant get over the fact that i have an opinion that differs from yours...
WalkerIsTheChamp

Butler, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Time for me to have the last word :

All of you are a f'n losers(aside from Ira-Sucks) for thinking that Walker did not deserve the title.

IF IT WASN'T FOR WALKER, IT WOULD BE THE NETS/PISTONS VS. MAVERICKS IN THE FINALS. Have we all forgotten that little detail? Of course we have....it's called "selective amnesia", you f'n sonofabytch losers.

YOU SHOULD ALL WORSHIP THE GROUND TOINE SPITS ON 'CAUSE HE GOT YOU ALL YOUR ONE AND MOST LIKELY *ONLY* TITLE HERE!

Wade KNOWS IT, SHAQ KNOWS IT, AND RILEY KNOWS IT.

As it turns out, this team is NOTHING without Antoine. Just look at the record....I rest my case.

(one more thing : Toine may be on the worst team in the West but, unlike here, he is APPRECIATED as the Vet who has been a very POSITIVE INFLUENCE on the young players. Name me one freakin' time he's been appreciated here in Miami? Just one...You can't? Case Closed.)

I wouldn't be surprised if DWade left the Heat in the end.....Walker leaving signaled the beginning of the end for Miami Heat Competitive Basketball. How's ricky doing for ya? exactly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antoine Walker Discussions

Search the Antoine Walker Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Antoine Walker - nude! (Jun '12) Jun '12 Elvira 1
O.J. Mayo's Agent Owns Some Questionable Property (Nov '11) Nov '11 steve 1
More debt troubles for Walker (Jun '10) Jun '10 OneRyder 4
Ex-Miami Heat player Antoine Walker charged wit... (Jan '09) Oct '09 Abel mendieta 22
The Great Power Forward Search of 2009: The Fie... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 2
Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 2
Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 DirtyWater 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••