Walker glad to be away from Riley

Walker glad to be away from Riley

There are 30 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 18, 2007, titled Walker glad to be away from Riley. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Antoine Walker is not about to claim he is in a better place, not when he returned Monday to AmericanAirlines with the 3-19 Minnesota Timberwolves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tough

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Dec 18, 2007
Hey Antoine - I'm glad you're gone - you players are paid enough money to stay in shape and give us your best, you're just a lazy-@$$ MFR who can't cut it, just like Oneil is becoming.
anthony

United States

#2 Dec 18, 2007
this guy went from the worst team in the east, to the worst team in the west.

at least he is not with that group of odd balls in miami.
A heat fan in VA

Aldie, VA

#3 Dec 18, 2007
Sounds to me that he is a little bitter! What i dont understand about people in general is if you have a problem why not talk about it instead of displaying such discord. Tone and Rileys should of worked their problems out.
Everyone is to blame for the losses not just one person. Including Riley!!! This is supposed to be a TEAM not one or two person's team. This is the reason why we cant win, no leaders from anyone!!!
Mister Deeds

Hollywood, FL

#4 Dec 18, 2007
Antoine Walker is a playmaker. Last year when we were getting blown out by the Bulls he is the main one who kept us in the games. He has heart and good skills for a guy his size. You all seem to forget that the guy is 6 Ft 9 or 6 Ft 10 and does all the things he does. He was asked to adjust by coming off the bench and defer scoring and ball handling to other team mates and he did. He is a very talented big man. Name some other big guys that has all the skills he has? Give the guy some respect because if he didn't come here we would not have won a championship for sure. Look at the stats from the playoffs. Who stepped up and who didn't.
WHOLETRUTHY

AOL

#5 Dec 18, 2007
BECAUSE HARD WORK IS AGAINST HIS RELIGION?
Chee-burger Chee-burger

Haines City, FL

#6 Dec 18, 2007
Bring me a Chee-Burger!
bubba

Saint Charles, MO

#7 Dec 18, 2007
Twan" is a rich loser
FTL

Greenville, SC

#8 Dec 18, 2007
He is right about Riley though. You dont hear Riles commenting on Shaq like he did with Antwoine. Want to fix the Heat? bring back Stan the Man!!!!!
conch salad

Vail, CO

#9 Dec 18, 2007
wow mr deeds you are out of touch bro... that year we won in spite of Toine... i know he had one big game but that didnt make or break it for us, he was trluy awful, and there are SO MANY other big guys with much better skills than Toine...

Dirk
KG
L Odom
Sheed
T Prince

dude i could go on all day abou better SF's and PF's are light years ahead of toine... i mean what skills do you see? he can handle the ball, he cant rebound, he cant pass, he takes too many 3's and is one of if not the worst defensive players in the NBA... i just dont see what you are talking about
conch salad

Vail, CO

#10 Dec 18, 2007
*cant handle the ball
blakesta

San Pedro, CA

#11 Dec 18, 2007
he sucked...glad the chuck is gone...he should be thanking riley for his ring that he doesn't deserve
GO HEAT

Miami, FL

#12 Dec 18, 2007
Most people are glad he is gone. He is the worst ball handeler I've ever seen.
Riley should talk the same trash about shaq 'cause he is going the same way.
Blacksheep

United States

#13 Dec 18, 2007
Mister Deeds wrote:
Antoine Walker is a playmaker. Last year when we were getting blown out by the Bulls he is the main one who kept us in the games. He has heart and good skills for a guy his size. You all seem to forget that the guy is 6 Ft 9 or 6 Ft 10 and does all the things he does. He was asked to adjust by coming off the bench and defer scoring and ball handling to other team mates and he did. He is a very talented big man. Name some other big guys that has all the skills he has? Give the guy some respect because if he didn't come here we would not have won a championship for sure. Look at the stats from the playoffs. Who stepped up and who didn't.
"Bartender, I'll have some of what he's drinking, thank you."
nba analyst

Mansfield, OH

#14 Dec 18, 2007
There's only one guy on the front page, and that's Chris Quinn. Everyone else is in the funny pages.
Heater89

Cathedral City, CA

#15 Dec 18, 2007
Riley rode his *ss to do the things that were expected from him. He is suppossed to be a professional athlete, not spoiled thirtysomething jack*ss who never worked a real job in his life. Coach keeps yelling at me, I can't take it anymore. Didn't the checks cash everytime!
What's the matter Antoine your Moma never got 0on you to do your chores? Or was she to busy kissing your'e *ss hoping that you would make her rich some day. Grow up punk!
boca boca

Hollywood, FL

#16 Dec 18, 2007
if it wasnt for riley antoine wouldnt have a ring ono his mantle. he should shut up and show some respect
boca boca

Hollywood, FL

#17 Dec 18, 2007
FTL wrote:
He is right about Riley though. You dont hear Riles commenting on Shaq like he did with Antwoine. Want to fix the Heat? bring back Stan the Man!!!!!
shaq is 35 and has given the nba 14 all star seasons an mvp award(should have won about 6) and 3 finals mvps. shaq has a leg to stand on in his arguement. hes just getting old. toine is still only 30 years old and plays like hes 49. for being 35 years old shaqs 15 points and 8 rebouonds a game isnt too shaby. the game has caught up with his style and wont allow him to produce anymore. the game is made for guys like toine to produce but he doesnt want to work at it.
boca boca

Hollywood, FL

#18 Dec 18, 2007
Mister Deeds wrote:
to be real here. he is 6'9. i could go down the list.

kobe bryant is 6'8.
tmac 6'8
dirk nowitski(even though i hate him) is 7' 3
joe johnson is 6'8
josh smith is 6'9
gerald wallace is 6'9
justin durant is 6'10
lebron james is 6'9
rashard lewis is 6'10
teyshawn prince is 6'9
josh howard is 6'8
lamar odom is 6'10
kevin garnett is 7'

i could keep going.
Ira-sucks

Mattapan, MA

#19 Dec 18, 2007
Ira making stuff up again. Glad he left doesn't mean it was all about leaving Riley but you will do anything to make Walker look bad.

Why he would even have a conversation with you at all makes no sense. Your a liar Ira
Ira-sucks

Mattapan, MA

#20 Dec 18, 2007
Walker was not out of shape and he isn't now. The fact seems to be missing from the minds of everyone in Miami well I guess you can debate any of you actually have any brains in your head.

You never appreciate anyone which is pathetic.

You truly do not deserve a team in Florida. Not a single sports team.

Riley likes to play mind games and they don't work on todays NBA players.

Coach salad is not a Heat fan. He sounds like an idiot.

Mister deeds, WELL SAID. You were the only one watching this team. This team sucks right now and the proof is in the results. Walker was not the problem.

The Heat would never have beaten NJ or Chicago without Antoine so to say we one in spite of him is a mis justice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Walker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antoine Walker - nude! (Jun '12) Jun '12 Elvira 1
News O.J. Mayo's Agent Owns Some Questionable Property (Nov '11) Nov '11 steve 1
News More debt troubles for Walker (Jun '10) Jun '10 OneRyder 4
News Ex-Miami Heat player Antoine Walker charged wit... (Jan '09) Oct '09 Abel mendieta 22
News The Great Power Forward Search of 2009: The Fie... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 2
News Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 2
News Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 DirtyWater 2