HYDE: Champs are out

HYDE: Champs are out

There are 28 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 29, 2007, titled HYDE: Champs are out. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

MIAMI Late Sunday afternoon, under AmericanAirlines Arena, members of the Heat Junior Dancers troupe sadly hugged each other farewell outside one door while outside another door some vendors quietly shook hands ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joe cool

Hollywood, FL

#21 Apr 30, 2007
Laker_Fan_in_the ATL wrote:
Yeah I guess Kobe is due his apologies and now D. Wade is faced with the realities of the "Big Whatever". I hope he (Shaq) can do what his ego would not let him do in LA and give way to D. Wade. It's not your team "Big Aristotle" now. Kobe and D. Wade are two hardworking athletes who do the work in the off season to do what is necessary during the season. You don't put off surgery until the season starts so you can sit on your but until February and expect a good outcome. Get off your but Shaq and earn some of that $20M per year starting today and maybe the Heat can make one more legimate run at a championship while they are "stuck" with you.
Hey it looks like the Lakers are done too buddy...
:-0
joe cool

Hollywood, FL

#23 Apr 30, 2007
john wrote:
Let's not forget that this team won a championship last season. Something the Dolphins have not been able to do in over 30 years. Sometimes you have to mortgage the future to win in the present, which is exactly what the Heat did when they brought in Shaq and the rest of the aging cast. I wouldn't trade last year for anything, even if it means a few more years of early playoff exits.
I agree with you on that one the suckfins suck and havent won sh*t in almost 35 years!!! Sometimes you Heat fans really disgust me how spoiled you are ever since Shaq and Wade came to town.
joe cool

Hollywood, FL

#24 Apr 30, 2007
GlenRice wrote:
WORST DEFENDING CHAMPS OF ALL-TIME!!!! Milli Valli called and they want their one-hit wonder/fraud label.... Riles vastly over estimated his roster when he decided to bring back 'Toine (even more lazy after getting a ring), GP (older and slower and injured), J Will (broken most of the year, just like the last few years).
Well at least Diva Wade has time to heal.
Is it any surprise? Its amazing that this team even got the 4 seed with all the injuries they have had ALL year. If this werent happening.. umm Detroit isnt injured nor is the Bulls? Ever thought of that? Yea like I was saying if it werent for the injuries this wouldnt happen.
Barney

Hollywood, FL

#25 Apr 30, 2007
Its official DWade is getting surgery on his shoulder. Whatever it takes he will be back 100% next year. Just stop all the sh!t talk and get on with it..
Laker_Fan_in_the ATL

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#28 Apr 30, 2007
joe cool wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey it looks like the Lakers are done too buddy...
:-0
By the way joe, I am a native Floridian and I pull for the home team when they are not playing the Lakers and the Dolphins all the time. My brother coached Eddie Jones in high school (Yes, he needs to retire with the rest of the senior citizens.)
Heat 24

Columbus, OH

#29 Apr 30, 2007
Bob Stone Sarasota wrote:
Wade, while a great player, is about to become Kevin Garnett.
Highly doubt it... KG is still searching for a ring, while D Wade got his in his 3rd year... How about we pick up KG and then KG can get his ring.... lol
LGK3

Boca Raton, FL

#30 Apr 30, 2007
How sad that they couldn't even win one game! Really makes last year just a lucky year nothing else. The Heat organization really should be ashamed! Players should pay back some of the ticket holders for their lack of effort.
delo

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#32 Apr 30, 2007
Hey, not everyone can win it back to back. I still feel this year was a bonus from last year. Pat did the honorable thing and brought this team back together to defend. Now the honeymoon is over and it's time to assemble a roster with the right balance. And to all those that want to bash Shaq because he's not what he use to be, who is the same when they're 36. Miami doesn't expect him to be what was, just be enough to help us win like he did in 06. Shaq will continue to be key part of the franchise for the next 2-3 years with the right parts around, we can get another one in the near future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Walker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antoine Walker - nude! (Jun '12) Jun '12 Elvira 1
News O.J. Mayo's Agent Owns Some Questionable Property (Nov '11) Nov '11 steve 1
News More debt troubles for Walker (Jun '10) Jun '10 OneRyder 4
News Ex-Miami Heat player Antoine Walker charged wit... (Jan '09) Oct '09 Abel mendieta 22
News The Great Power Forward Search of 2009: The Fie... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 2
News Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 2
News Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 DirtyWater 2
More from around the web