Riley 'irritated' byportly Walker

Pat Riley sees the possibilities in Antoine Walker. It is why he so much wants to make things work with the veteran forward. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HeatfaninTexas

United States

#1 Oct 10, 2007
Antoine is making a mockery of the Heat. It's bad enough to watch him launch crazy 30-footers all the time. Now this? Hey, buddy, at least show up in shape- at least give us the illusion that you are a professional who cares about the fans. At this point, I would say take the loss and get rid of him!
HeatfaninTexas

United States

#2 Oct 10, 2007
p.s.- I laughed at the possibility of Alan Houston (who has now signed with the Knicks). But compared to this, I would have chosen Houston. At least he seems to care about what he's doing....
Riles is Senile

AOL

#3 Oct 10, 2007
Riley has to be off his rocker if he believes Antoine could be a productive player. Antoine hasn't done a damn thing to suggest that he could. Even during the championship series of '06 Antoine 'Tippy Toe' Walker was just stumbling and bumbling all over the place like some out of control offensively challenged lunatic.

I also think Riles might be a little too soft on these guys. Remember when the team told him to back off and let them do things their way. Well, Pat laid off a bit and it won them a ring but now they don't respect him anymore. So in a sense Pat Riley is to blame for fattoine and his cinnamons buns.

“I'm 4 Pac Meaning I'm for Pac”

Since: Apr 07

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

#4 Oct 10, 2007
Why is Antoine trying to use his injury and the fact that he was robbed as an excuse as to why he reported over-weight. I guess he was depressed uh. So that makes him a compulsive eater.

If that's the problem he needs to seek medical attention in the Himalayan Mountains or something and forfeit that ridiculus contract the Heat organization signed him to. So we can get more capable and dedicated talent to represent this team this year.
IRA-SUCKS

Plympton, MA

#5 Oct 10, 2007
F YOU.LOL.

Don't even say Riley is being fair to Walker. The first line in this travesty of a typical Ira hating article is complete crap.

Let me get this straight. Walker has lost 6 pounds in less then a week and Riley chose to do this now.?

Give me a break. He is trying to use Antoine as a scape goat and idiots like Ira print this crap in the paper.

I cannot wait until Shaq retires. Miami Heat fans will finally get what they deserve. NOTHING.

LMAO that this is nothing personal and Riley is pretty stupid if he thinks this will motivate Antoine. Walker has been blamed for everything from Hurricane Katrina and the Iraq war and he has not changed.

Riley is a stupid idiot.
IRA-SUCKS

Plympton, MA

#6 Oct 10, 2007
No doctor is going to say that 1 6.10 guy should weigh 220 pounds. That is a lie.
Tippy Toe

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Oct 10, 2007
Why would Riley make this stuff public. I know he is trying to encourage him, but at the same time, doesn't this hurt any trade value he may have left. He will now be an unhappy player sucking up cap space in the middle of the bench, cause Riley has discredited any value in him

“I'm 4 Pac Meaning I'm for Pac”

Since: Apr 07

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

#9 Oct 10, 2007
IRA-SUCKS wrote:
No doctor is going to say that 1 6.10 guy should weigh 220 pounds. That is a lie.
If Antoine isn't over weight for his height then maybe be should try pumping iron. Shaq is over 300 plus pounds but he has some muscle. Antoine is softer than a roll of charmin. Which is ironic because he also plays like chit!
Celtics Suck

Ocklawaha, FL

#10 Oct 10, 2007
IRA-SUCKS wrote:
F YOU.LOL.
Don't even say Riley is being fair to Walker. The first line in this travesty of a typical Ira hating article is complete crap.
Let me get this straight. Walker has lost 6 pounds in less then a week and Riley chose to do this now.?
Give me a break. He is trying to use Antoine as a scape goat and idiots
like Ira print this crap in the paper.
I cannot wait until Shaq retires. Miami Heat fans will finally get what they deserve. NOTHING.
LMAO that this is nothing personal and Riley is pretty stupid if he thinks this will motivate Antoine. Walker has been blamed for everything from Hurricane Katrina and the Iraq war and he has not changed.
Riley is a stupid idiot.
NO ACTUALLY SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOUR THE IDIOT. YOU CAN HAVE WALKER BACK ON YOUR CRAPPY @SS CELTICS WHO MIGHT HIT 25 WINS THIS YEAR
seriously WTF

United States

#12 Oct 10, 2007
Riley is not messing around this season, I see the look in his eyes, he reminds me of the Riley of the old times.
Jabez

Quezon City, Philippines

#13 Oct 10, 2007
Dump poor conditioned players!
Florida

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Oct 11, 2007
What does having been robbed have anything to do with getting in shape and following the rules set down by Coach Riley and the team. You get paid for to play basketball and you must follow team workout schedule and diet. Coach Riley should've set you adrift into free agency. Cut you loose from the team.
MJD

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Oct 11, 2007
Take a hike fat boy!!!
Kevin

Miami, FL

#16 Oct 11, 2007
Walker is the NBA's version of Roseann Barr
EricTheGreat

Boca Raton, FL

#17 Oct 11, 2007
That's what happens if you hang around Miguel Cabrera too much...
Buck Buck

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Oct 11, 2007
Walker needs to lay off the buckets of fried chicken and start losing weight and getting into shape & start acting like he wants to make a run for a championship rather than just lie around collecting his fat paychecks - we have enough bums like him on too many Florida sport teams.
Either get in shape and play hard or hit the road.
Miami Guy

Miami Beach, FL

#19 Oct 11, 2007
He's getting paid many millions of Dollars per year and his only job is to stay in shape, and he can't do it.
Riley is not asking him to become a neurosurgeon, split the atom, or cure cancer - just STAY IN SHAPE!!
cqagent

Lafayette, IN

#20 Oct 11, 2007
Hey! Chris Quinn is in shape. Let him play. He can kick butt. And I mean big time. If you make any comments about this, he'll kick YOURS!
Pistons-Suck

Hollywood, FL

#21 Oct 11, 2007
They should work out a buy out with the guy and move on. F the cap hit. Get rid of him, the headaches are just not worth it.
Xxx

Vero Beach, FL

#22 Oct 11, 2007
Leeroy Jenkins!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Walker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antoine Walker - nude! (Jun '12) Jun '12 Elvira 1
O.J. Mayo's Agent Owns Some Questionable Property (Nov '11) Nov '11 steve 1
More debt troubles for Walker (Jun '10) Jun '10 OneRyder 4
Ex-Miami Heat player Antoine Walker charged wit... (Jan '09) Oct '09 Abel mendieta 22
The Great Power Forward Search of 2009: The Fie... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 2
Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 2
Former NBA player Antoine Walker arrested in Mi... (Jan '09) Jan '09 DirtyWater 2
More from around the web