Ilgauskas Bought Out, Becomes Free Agent

Ilgauskas Bought Out, Becomes Free Agent

There are 53 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Feb 25, 2010, titled Ilgauskas Bought Out, Becomes Free Agent. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Tell us what you think about the Cavaliers trade to acquire Antawn Jamison. Every Cavs fan loves Z, but you have to think about what will get us that championship trophy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#42 Mar 27, 2010
Concerned Clevelander wrote:
Absolutely. Look at Ewing and the work he's doing with Howard. These older players can give huge help as coaches or assistants.
I'm really not looking forward to getting old and losing energy and all that good stuff. Sure I only graduated from college a few years ago, but even now there are times when I have to recognize my limitations. When you're a teenager you think I can do whatever because my body can take it. When you get a little older you start thinking this body needs to last me for a long time, I better take care of it.
Ooooh,ok,and later on in life,the player that was taught from the great players like Ewing,Magic,and Abdul-Jabbar,they will be following in their foot steps,and teaching the younger generation to come.Its like a cycle that never ends.
Being that im young,i always think i can never be tired,just the other day i woke up feeling like a 40 year old,i guess it was the way i slept.My dad keep tryna to get me to stop drinking orange soda,which is my favorite soda,the only time i will stop is when he scares me with the DIABETIES talk,then i just go back to drinking it,but the good thing is that when i get 40,im going to look 20,a Lot of people say i look younger than i am.

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#43 Mar 30, 2010
My two favorite pops (soda) are Orange sunkist and cranberry gingerale. I started drinking diet in high school because of all the diabetes talk, but now they're saying diet pop might cause cancer down the road. Pick your poison, diabetes or cancer. All things in moderation I guess.

It sucks when people tell you that you look younger than you are until you get older. The older you get, the more you like hearing that. A lot of people will be jealous of you when they're older.

And yeah, the cycle can continue for teaching these new players. The teams that bring on the old legends are brilliant because there are a lot of old tricks that don't get picked up by teams even though they're on film. Any team that turns its back on one of its legendary players is not making a wise decision.
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#44 Mar 31, 2010
My two favorite pops (soda) are Orange sunkist and cranberry gingerale. I started drinking diet in high school because of all the diabetes talk, but now they're saying diet pop might cause cancer down the road. Pick your poison, diabetes or cancer. All things in moderation I guess.
It sucks when people tell you that you look younger than you are until you get older. The older you get, the more you like hearing that. A lot of people will be jealous of you when they're older.
And yeah, the cycle can continue for teaching these new players. The teams that bring on the old legends are brilliant because there are a lot of old tricks that don't get picked up by teams even though they're on film. Any team that turns its back on one of its legendary players is not making a wise decision.
Yeah.Imagine Dwayne Wade or Dwight Howard being a coach,Their teams will have the best record.And the youngins will have the best oppurtunity to play for them,its fantastic,and it have'nt even happened yet,lol.
I dont think it suck that people say you look younger than you are.My mom said its a good thing,like me,im 20 now,and when i hit 40 or 50 i will look 20 or maybe even 30.It depends on how good you take care of your body.
tom

Tampa, FL

#45 Apr 1, 2010
z can stay were he ate for all i care.he no lebron.

Brecksville

#46 Apr 2, 2010
tom wrote:
z can stay were he ate for all i care.he no lebron.
Thank you for your valuable contribution to the conversation.

Brecksville

#47 Apr 2, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.Imagine Dwayne Wade or Dwight Howard being a coach,Their teams will have the best record.And the youngins will have the best oppurtunity to play for them,its fantastic,and it have'nt even happened yet,lol.
I dont think it suck that people say you look younger than you are.My mom said its a good thing,like me,im 20 now,and when i hit 40 or 50 i will look 20 or maybe even 30.It depends on how good you take care of your body.
Those guys will make good coaches some day. I'm curious to see if MJ will try to take a more hands-on approach with his players now that he's the majority owner.

For the age thing, it sucks when people keep asking you for your ID or ask you how high school is because you look that young. Looking like you're 20 when you are 20 is a good thing. Looking like you're 20 is an even better thing when you're 30, 40, or 50, I agree with you there. It does all come down to taking care of your body. Howard seems to have the whole working out thing down cold.
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#48 Apr 3, 2010
<quoted text>
Those guys will make good coaches some day. I'm curious to see if MJ will try to take a more hands-on approach with his players now that he's the majority owner.
For the age thing, it sucks when people keep asking you for your ID or ask you how high school is because you look that young. Looking like you're 20 when you are 20 is a good thing. Looking like you're 20 is an even better thing when you're 30, 40, or 50, I agree with you there. It does all come down to taking care of your body. Howard seems to have the whole working out thing down cold.
Mj should be a coach.why is'nt he a coach?
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#49 Apr 3, 2010
<quoted text>
Thank you for your valuable contribution to the conversation.
Lol

Brecksville

#50 Apr 5, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>Mj should be a coach.why is'nt he a coach?
Probably because he's so busy spending all that money he has. Actually, I have no idea. But right now he just became a majority owner, so maybe he will get to coach more now that he owns the team. Also, he was busy before trying to be a GM or a president of basketball operations or a minority owner.
Tiffany

Bayside, NY

#51 Apr 6, 2010
<quoted text>
Probably because he's so busy spending all that money he has. Actually, I have no idea. But right now he just became a majority owner, so maybe he will get to coach more now that he owns the team. Also, he was busy before trying to be a GM or a president of basketball operations or a minority owner.
Yeah.He could be like Mark Cuban,hes own's the team,and sort of coaches it,and all that money spending MJ is doing will fall into place once he is done.

Brecksville

#52 Apr 7, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.He could be like Mark Cuban,hes own's the team,and sort of coaches it,and all that money spending MJ is doing will fall into place once he is done.
Hopefully for his sake it works out. After his time with the Wizards and his decisions after that, his reputation as a basketball front office man was taking a beating.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#53 Apr 7, 2010
<quoted text>
Hopefully for his sake it works out. After his time with the Wizards and his decisions after that, his reputation as a basketball front office man was taking a beating.
Ypu dont think he can pull it off?what was the problem that got you thinking like that?

Brecksville

#54 Apr 20, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>Ypu dont think he can pull it off?what was the problem that got you thinking like that?
I think he can pull it off, it's his track record as a front office man that I was bringing up. When he was making decisions before for the wizards, those decisions didn't work out the best. A lot of people are questioning him and if he can get the job done because of what he did in his post-playing days. Hopefully now he can prove everyone wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antawn Jamison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Sebastian Telfair salvage his career in Cle... (Apr '10) Aug '14 johnny 44
News Nothin' but Net: D'Antoni hiring is just strange (Nov '12) Nov '12 Caroline126 10
News Kevin Ding: Lakers' front office isn't firing c... (Nov '12) Nov '12 sammy 2
News Cleveland Cavaliers Now Understand Why LeBron J... (Jun '12) Jun '12 forreal 2
News Anderson Varejao: 5 Reasons Cavaliers Center De... (Jan '12) Jan '12 kamal007 1
News Antawn Jamison has heard it all from Boston's K... (Jan '12) Jan '12 kamal007 1
News Dan Gilbert, not LeBron James, is to blame for ... (Feb '11) Mar '11 harvey 14
More from around the web