Chicago Bulls disappoint president in loss to Washington Wizards

There are 20 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 27, 2009, titled Chicago Bulls disappoint president in loss to Washington Wizards. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

For the country's sake, let's hope President Barack Obama 's stimulus package is more effective than his pep talk to the Bulls .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bulls fan

Carol Stream, IL

#1 Feb 27, 2009
wow
robi the commish

Thurmont, MD

#2 Feb 27, 2009
"This loss will test the message of Obama's pep talk."

Are you kidding me? Get some journalistic backbone man. This loss is just like the last loss to NJ Nets; no team game what-so-ever.

The question should be why the Bulls were not inspired (in the least!) by the mere presence of a hometown hero that happens to be the newest President of the United States? If that doesn't inspire them, then what will?
Robert

Mchenry, IL

#4 Feb 27, 2009
Get some balls and write a real article KC. Just once I wish you would take this team to task for its shortcomings. Go on and continue to be John Paxson's mouthpiece while ignoring the myriad of reasons for this team's failure.
Hmmm

United States

#6 Feb 27, 2009
This loss can squarely be placed on VDN. Where to begin?

Tyrus has a relatively poor game last time and is punished for it TONIGHT. Don't give anyone the chance to rebound from that prior performance or anything. He has only been getting double doubles with regularity for the last month.

The new guys are suddenly the world to this team. Kendall Gill hit the nail on the head in the post game. How about sticking with some guys who have been playing well before the trades. Salmons should be the one guy edging in on more minutes.

Substitutions are now made with 5-6 min remaining in the FIRST quarter.

Derrick Rose has lost all aggressiveness/assertiveness due to his benching. VDN is the reason for Rose ever reaching the rookie wall.

Not only does VDN not have an offense, he teaches no defense either.

No development of the young players. We are back to VDN playing mostly veterans because he is self-conscious about losing or in hopes that they will hide his terrible coaching ability.

Message to VDN: Get FIRED!!!!
Ger

Naperville, IL

#7 Feb 27, 2009
I am tired of the same
huh

United States

#9 Feb 27, 2009
Back to musicial chairs with the rotation. How can the young guys get anything going with so few minutes. The coach is a joke
brother bob

Hanson, KY

#11 Feb 27, 2009
KC Johnson couldn't carry John Kass' lap top -- so why is KC trying to portray himself as some political "insider" with Obama references in a Bulls story that only brings down the President for his poor taste in sports franchises. Why would anyone welcome the current Bulls team to the White House? I guess that means the White Sox will be visiting the White House even after finishing last place in the AL Central in '09.
Bulls fan

Carol Stream, IL

#12 Feb 27, 2009
Does anybody agree that Drew Godden was much better than Brad Miller?
Bulls fan

Carol Stream, IL

#13 Feb 27, 2009
Drew Gooden
Ron C

Circleville, OH

#14 Feb 27, 2009
I'm not sure what to make of this team. They seem to have to potential to be one of the best teams in the east (4th) and they come out some nights and play like this. I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but Vinny has got to go. Any coach that limits Derrick Rose's potential is more of a liability than as asset. Rose needs a real coach to teach him a real NBA offense. His talent is too immense to wasted on clowns like Vinny. Btw lay off K.C., this is a tough job.
Shawn

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 27, 2009
As much as i think Vinny is a joke, this loss has to be blamed on the players. They were just flat out terrible tonight and Rose for some reason has totally stopped being aggressive and attacking the rim. Salmons should be starting and where in the hell IS loul Deng?
Shawn

Chicago, IL

#16 Feb 27, 2009
Bulls fan wrote:
Drew Gooden
I would much rather have Miller. He is a better fit for bulls. a better team player
SickofPolitics

Naperville, IL

#17 Feb 27, 2009
I'm waiting for someone to blame the loss on Obama.

:)
jhill

Tallassee, AL

#18 Feb 27, 2009
the proof is in the pudding....vinny del negro is killing the bulls. his inability to give players some type of consistency and allow them to have the occasional bad game is destroying the young players. the older vets just turn off to vinny. they do not perform and will not for him.....just a lot of selfish play. the trades made by paxson would have provided a boost for a more experienced coach, but bringing in experienced players to play under a coach who is so obviously overmatched was just dumb. how many times this evening did brad miller's man go straight to the hoop? why is vinny breaking down tyrus with his playing time mind games? the notion that the bulls can win without defense is just plain stupid. why did we get rid of thabo, who was our best on ball defender and number one player that would set the example by sharing the ball? ben gordon thinks he must be the high scorer in every game...when he comes into a game and someone like john salmons is scoring well, ben begins to force shots just to get his stats. he doesn't care about winning. for all the points he gets, how is winning working out for the team? just when they started to play well, paxson blew up the team. he should have blown up the coaching staff. tyrus and noah provide the only interior defense for the team. they must have major minutes on the floor.
Mel

United States

#20 Feb 28, 2009
When will VDN get it. As Derrick Rose goes so does the Bulls. If this game shows anything it's that 2010 can't come soon enough to break up some of these lazy sleepwalking contracts. It's sad Norm Van Lier couldn't see better Bulls' efforts before passing.
ArmyRanger901

Clinton, NY

#21 Feb 28, 2009
I have been a bulls fan since, I was 6 years old, i am 25 now and I have sat and watched pretty much every bulls game from 89-90 season until the present.....I am a die hard fan and I have never posted here before....I would really like to not join the negative masses that plague this forum...Most people here jump from: "I hate the bulls...they suck, they are hopeless....and so on and so on...
I have done my best to ignore it ever since 1998....but i have to say that watching the last 2 games really makes me want to bang del Negro's wife so he can wake up and realize that he is a joke....
Del Negro...god help you....no one else will..
A thabo fan

Switzerland

#22 Feb 28, 2009
Thanks to the Bulls whom have traded thabo, now at last he can play some good minutes and show how good he is.
No need to be a great scorer to be a great player!
To bad the Bulls can give a real chance for their young player to grow give them more playing time
Bye bye bulls
kc junior

Seoul, Korea

#23 Feb 28, 2009
hey..nothing about your homey..deng it

oh..forgot..he's your favorite bull..nothing but good things are written about him by u

he sucks..and ur reporting sucks
terry t

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Feb 28, 2009
the #1 pick in the draft does not sit on the bench. if you pick a guy #1 he has to play himself out of a position. no reason at all to take rose out in the first quarter at all. the guy is 20 years old, he doesn't need rest. he can play all day without getting tired. you can't bring hinrich in with 5 minutes to go in the first quarter and stay in until midway through the second quarter. you have to establish your superior guard play and then work on the inside game.
bullsfan09

Northridge, CA

#25 Feb 28, 2009
I will always love the bulls. This is sickening though. I bet in the next week that VDN gets fired. Losing to the Wizards on national stage by 20pts will make you fire someone.

I keep saying Salmons should start at Gordon or Deng's expense. Tyrus is a player that has to be motivated to play well. He reminds me of Manny Ramirez. Play well till trade deadline then disappears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antawn Jamison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Sebastian Telfair salvage his career in Cle... (Apr '10) Aug '14 johnny 44
News Nothin' but Net: D'Antoni hiring is just strange (Nov '12) Nov '12 Caroline126 10
News Kevin Ding: Lakers' front office isn't firing c... (Nov '12) Nov '12 sammy 2
News Cleveland Cavaliers Now Understand Why LeBron J... (Jun '12) Jun '12 forreal 2
News Anderson Varejao: 5 Reasons Cavaliers Center De... (Jan '12) Jan '12 kamal007 1
News Antawn Jamison has heard it all from Boston's K... (Jan '12) Jan '12 kamal007 1
News Dan Gilbert, not LeBron James, is to blame for ... (Feb '11) Mar '11 harvey 14
More from around the web