Praise mounts for Rose

Praise mounts for Rose

There are 11 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 26, 2008, titled Praise mounts for Rose. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Only 16 games into his NBA career, Derrick Rose has certainly accumulated his share of fans among the league's coaches and his peers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Larry

Olympia Fields, IL

#1 Nov 26, 2008
The Bulls better get ris of Gordon and Hughes if they want to continue to develope derreck Rose.
Tony

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Nov 26, 2008
Rose deserves all the praise he's been receiving. He might even be the one we been waiting for since Michael Jordan. We'll see..
kc junior

Seoul, Korea

#3 Nov 26, 2008
amen..thank u..i hope we won't be reading anymore of kc's junk
Anon

United States

#4 Nov 27, 2008
Rose is great,but MJ is the ONE.
Nondorff

AOL

#5 Nov 27, 2008
The kid is awesome. Deserves all the praise. Can be one of the alltime greats. But he needs a lot of help.

Unfortunately, Paxson was a big pussboy, afraid to pull the trigger to get Gasol when they could have had him. Gee, what have the Lakers done since they got him?

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#6 Nov 27, 2008
Larry wrote:
The Bulls better get ris of Gordon and Hughes if they want to continue to develope derreck Rose.
they do need to get rid of hughes, im not so sure about gordon just yet, because i think gordon is still a good shooting guard. but watching the end of the game last night, when all the bulls starters were on the bench, he really looked like he didnt want to be there. the other players were kind of upset about the game, and he looked like he didnt even care.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#7 Nov 27, 2008
Nondorff wrote:
Unfortunately, Paxson was a big pussboy, afraid to pull the trigger to get Gasol when they could have had him. Gee, what have the Lakers done since they got him?
im glad they didnt get gasol, because i think he is overrated. he is a good player, but when it comes to playing against the best big men in the league he dont do much.
terry

Auburn, ME

#8 Nov 27, 2008
How to win an NBA championship? Consult Jerry Krause on that one.

He got to Chicago in 1986. M.J. was here.

5 years later they won the first of 6 championships. Every single player and coach on that team was brought here by the despised Jerry Krause.

Between 1991 and 1998 there was a 83% turnover of players. Admittedly when your remaining 17% are named Jordan and Pippen you are dealing from strength but that is STILL a remarkable accomplishment - name one other GM who has done it?

How to win an championship?

Build around your best player.

The free agent class of 2010 is gonna be good and by that time Rose will be a 3rd year pro.

Just be patient folks.
BullySixChicago

United States

#9 Nov 27, 2008
terry wrote:
How to win an NBA championship? Consult Jerry Krause on that one.
He got to Chicago in 1986. M.J. was here.
5 years later they won the first of 6 championships. Every single player and coach on that team was brought here by the despised Jerry Krause.
Between 1991 and 1998 there was a 83% turnover of players. Admittedly when your remaining 17% are named Jordan and Pippen you are dealing from strength but that is STILL a remarkable accomplishment - name one other GM who has done it?
How to win an championship?
Build around your best player.
The free agent class of 2010 is gonna be good and by that time Rose will be a 3rd year pro.
Just be patient folks.
Funnny yuou name krause the main reason the team broke up after the 98 champoinship, which they probably had atleast 2-3 more left in them, the clown (krause) who traded elton brand, ron artest and drafted fat booty eddy, yea krause had about as much to do with winnning championships as he did in destroying the Bulls where is he now?
Big Time

Great Lakes, IL

#10 Nov 27, 2008
I love the fact we have Derrick Rose but remember the name George Hill. He looks very NBA ready and exhibited veteran savvy on the court. Spurs have found their back-up for Tony Parker, which will allow them from having such a drop off in point guard production unlike the Bulls when Rose is not on the court. We may need to evaluate the upside whenever a trade presents itself that includes Captain Kirk.
PostGame

Chicago, IL

#11 Nov 27, 2008
Big Time wrote:
I love the fact we have Derrick Rose but remember the name George Hill.
That just shows a lot of us how deep a field the 2008 NBA Draft class was. This is the class that'll keep the NBA exciting in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andres Nocioni Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
News What might have been: Kobe Bryant and the Bulls (Dec '09) Dec '09 dvs2112 1
News Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
News Hard verdict: Soft effort (Apr '09) Apr '09 sally1960 1
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Bulls come up short vs. Spurs (Jan '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 83
News Thomas looking forward with Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
More from around the web