Bulls win in overtime, but Rose suffe...

Bulls win in overtime, but Rose suffers injury

There are 23 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 24, 2008, titled Bulls win in overtime, but Rose suffers injury. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

If Scott Skiles' return as coach of the Bucks for Friday's preseason finale and Tuesday's regular season opener doesn't start a rivalry with the Bulls, maybe this will: Andres Nocioni 's hard foul on Richard ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Springfield, IL

#24 Oct 25, 2008
Despite 20 some turnovers and blowing a 20 point lead, this was the Bulls best performance by far in the preseason. Bulls shoot 48% from the field and hold opponents to 36% field goal percentage. Thabo looked like he should be the starter at the two bar none, but he has to play with the same type of purpose and agression as he did against Milwaukee. While he has looked scared handling the ball at the far backcourt in a face up role, when he's involved in pick and rolls near the free throw and further down the lane he dribbles the ball right off the hip and moves by defenders at will. Whether it's Vinny, Del Harris and Bernie, or a combo of both I think these coaches have brought in a new game plan similar to San Antonio's with back picks and very nice pick and roll twists that are going to work. All the turnovers are partly coming from the players learning their new roles in this new scheme. Hinrich's seven turnovers will dwindle if he sticks to his new age point guard role of using his quick first step to get open for mid range jumpers. That's the key for Hinrich. As bad as he's looked at times, if he embraces that role which the coaches are wisely steering him too, he'll be suprisingly good for the Bulls. Side notes: Aaron Gray actually looked like an NBA center out there for the whole game. He keeps that up it's huge. Derrick before his upending into the basket stancheon was in a major zone. If he's going to become a superstar he has to recognize who's around him, and prepare his body for contact, especially when the defender is not reacting from being stationary, but flying at him at a high speed.
Stephen

Houston, TX

#25 Oct 25, 2008
So, we still have 5 guards that all want starters minutes. I can't believe we couldn't trade Gordon. We have to trade him before the deadline this season. Would love to trade Hughes, but there is no way with that contract. I think Rose is going to be a stud, but we need some balance on this team.
Larry

Park Forest, IL

#26 Oct 25, 2008
If Derrick Rose is the point Guard for the Bulls then why is Hinrich still on the team?? Hinrich is not a shooting guard and since Rose is the point guard why not just trade Hinrich??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andres Nocioni Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
News What might have been: Kobe Bryant and the Bulls (Dec '09) Dec '09 dvs2112 1
News Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
News Hard verdict: Soft effort (Apr '09) Apr '09 sally1960 1
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Bulls come up short vs. Spurs (Jan '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 83
News Thomas looking forward with Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
More from around the web