Bulls win in overtime, but Rose suffe...

Bulls win in overtime, but Rose suffers injury

There are 23 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 24, 2008, titled Bulls win in overtime, but Rose suffers injury. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

If Scott Skiles' return as coach of the Bucks for Friday's preseason finale and Tuesday's regular season opener doesn't start a rivalry with the Bulls, maybe this will: Andres Nocioni 's hard foul on Richard ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BigWay

North Las Vegas, NV

#2 Oct 24, 2008
Maybe VDN has eyes and a brain. 49 minutes for Thabo. Thabo should absolutely be the starting 2 guard, and he should play as many minutes as his body can handle. Unfortunately, he probably got his chance to start for the same reason that Bonehead Boylan finally gave him his chance last season, he had no choice, injuries forced his hand.

Thabo, Deng and Gordon should be a 3 man rotation at the 2 and 3, with Thabo starting and swinging between the 2 and 3, with Gordon being the first guard off the bench. Hinrich should simply be Rose's backup, which means not much more than 12 minutes a night, and Hughes should never be allowed to wear a Bulls uniform again. He should be sent home to hang with Eddie Robinson, and do whatever useless overpaid ballers do.
mn catalano

Schaumburg, IL

#3 Oct 25, 2008
OMG: We're in for a Long & disconcerting season, AGAIN.
Larry

Park Forest, IL

#4 Oct 25, 2008
Thank you Scott Skiles!!
Brian-Phillipine s

Philippines

#5 Oct 25, 2008
Yeah..Scott give us a reason why we need to be with chicago bulls for the past 4 years..Thank Scoot Skiles..Go Bulls!!!
Will Perdue

Wheaton, IL

#6 Oct 25, 2008
Luol with a sore back. Isn't this guy supposed to be some kind of model with his hard work, conditioning, attitude, etc. which justifies paying him all that money? Keep him on the bench, I'm not exactly salivating waiting for him to come back and heave ho jump shots.
Rose needs to play under control. 82 games going all out will take a toll on you.
Guess new Bulls staff doesn't have an idea about conditioning with so many players hurt.
It's pathetic what's happening to Gordon. He's a good guy and actually a difference maker. At least the Bulls are keeping their trade discussions private.
What's not surprising is how gutless the Tribune Sports has become. All they can do is report facts, why not some analysis and trade inside info? Oh yeah, that left with Sam Smith.
chgofan

Chicago, IL

#7 Oct 25, 2008
Gordon is turning into G -dog. I can not play to you show me the money. Figures
Brad Sellers

Mattoon, IL

#8 Oct 25, 2008
It's going to be a long year.
Just Steve

Elgin, IL

#9 Oct 25, 2008
Will, breathe man... it was a pre-season game, which means that it didn't count. Why play a guy who you will NEED this year for a game that didn't matter?

Figure to see a guard combo of Rose and Thabo to start... Hinrich comes off the bench to spell Rose, and Gordon comes off the bench for Thabo and some change of pace. Ben won't start as long as he won't defend. But he's a good scorer when you need him.

I actually think the Bulls will be an entertaining team this season, and have shown they have some players who can score.
Tom

Westmont, IL

#10 Oct 25, 2008
Even though we got out to a big early lead--more due to Milwaukee's ineptness than anything we did--our play last night was pretty ugly. Nocioni was a bright spot, though he can be off and on. And true, we had Thomas, Deng, and others missing from the lineup. But anyway you slice it, this year looks like it will be dismal--maybe 30 wins. Couldn't believe it when Rick Morrissey said on CSN last night he thinks the Bulls will be in the playoffs.

I'm with Will P. on Tribune Sports. Seems like a lot of K.C. Johnson's stories lately have been just repackaged Bulls PR releases. I'd like to see more of an edge to K.C.'s writing myself. Tell us what we don't already know. Glad to hear Sam Smith is reprising his column on the Bulls web page. Sounds like he got editorial independence too.
32dutch

Chicago, IL

#11 Oct 25, 2008
Bring back Tom Dore.
John Anthony

United States

#12 Oct 25, 2008
Every game it seems Rose gets hurt. Is he soft like Gordon? The Bulls are complete garbage with a garbage GM and garbage rookie head coach, no big men, etc. Another horrible season of Bulls basketball straight ahead folks.
salamander

Austin, TX

#13 Oct 25, 2008
Regarding the survey, what concerns me the most is the typo. The word "concerns" does not contain an apostrophe.
Oak Park JV Lefty

Edmond, OK

#14 Oct 25, 2008
Go Oklahoma City Thunder!
Mr Brophy

Houston, TX

#16 Oct 25, 2008
Michael Beasley. Michael Beasley. Michael Beasley. Michael Beasley. Should .Have. Been. Him.
Florida Jim

Port Orange, FL

#17 Oct 25, 2008
Finishing 4-4 in the preseason after a poor start bodes well for the Bulls. I am pulling for Del Negro and his charges[pardon the pun].
Bob Sirott

Chicago, IL

#18 Oct 25, 2008
Beasley? Players like him come a dime a dozen. His defense is bad, the bulls already have a player that scores in bunches and plays shady defense (gordon). Plus Drew Gooden will put up similar numbers as Beasley offensively, and Gooden has some good defensive skills.
lifetimebulls fan

North Judson, IN

#19 Oct 25, 2008
great post bob sirott. right on.
Mgray

Memphis, TN

#20 Oct 25, 2008
Bulls surprise? U are either contending 4 a title or not. I'll give u 1 guess what the Bulls are.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#22 Oct 25, 2008
Here's one that hopes Gordon sits on the bench come Tuesday night, just the same as he did the entire exhibition season. Gordon throws that garbage out there to the media, like he wants to play, but they just won't play him, when in reality you can bet there's caveat's about that, in regards to his conversations with the coaching staff. The coaching staff would like nothing better you can bet, than to have Gordon out there learning the system, getting into game shape, playing with his teammates. This is Gordon's doing imo, and nothing could convince me otherwise. Gordon's a selfish, pouting, crybaby, who will never forgive the Bulls, for in his opinion snackcaking him moneywise. It's obvious he feels the Bulls care more for Deng, and he's going to do whatever it takes to force the Bulls hand on moving him elsewhere. Personally, i agree with him to a point, as i'd love to have seen the same treatment done to Luol Deng, and had the Bulls move both of them. To think Reinsdorf was loony enough to give 77 mil. to an avg. at best hybrid forward, is unbelievable.
Natfinn

United States

#23 Oct 25, 2008
The MASH unit Del Negro has going in Training Camp in his first year sounds like all the injuries the Bears suffered in Lovie Smith's first year. Rookie coach pushing too hard? I suppose time will tell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andres Nocioni Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
News What might have been: Kobe Bryant and the Bulls (Dec '09) Dec '09 dvs2112 1
News Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
News Hard verdict: Soft effort (Apr '09) Apr '09 sally1960 1
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Bulls come up short vs. Spurs (Jan '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 83
News Thomas looking forward with Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
More from around the web