Rose's double-double not enough for Bulls to top Hawks

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Al Horford scored a career-high 27 points and grabbed 17 rebounds Tuesday night as the Atlanta Hawks remained unbeaten through six games with a 113-108 victory over the Chicago Bulls.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of48
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ACW

Cicero, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

Where the heck is the team defense in this game? People were getting screened and the other defender was not helping or switching. Back cuts were being made, and getting scored on routinely. There was hardly ever a weak side defender when our bigs fronted the post. Their transition defense was atrocious. Gray and Noah were getting beat like rag dolls. This team needs to sure up on the defensive end if they want to be competitive. Just way to many easy buckets given up. Rose was not nearly as aggressive as I thought he should have been (Mike Bibby has never played a lick of 'D' in his life) he still had a hell of a game. Noah got absolutely dominated by Horford. It wasn't even fair. Gray is running in quicksand. Tyrus was asleep and in foul trouble again. This team has some issues, but its not like we didn't know this.
Angela

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

Thomas is killing me. With 4 minutes left in the first quarter, i think it was, he made a horrible pass which led to a turnover then 2 easy points for the Hawks and he just stood there. He made no attempt to hustle to right his wrong. Unlike Deng and Nocioni, he seems like he could care less that he makes mistake after mistake. At least Vinny took him out right after that. Gordon was painful to watch as well tonight. He was a rhythm killer for sure. Time after time...dribble, dribble, dribble, try to drive with no where to go, make a horrible pass or chuck up a bad shot. I'm glad Deng and Nocioni are speaking up, calling out, and holding each other responsible for bad/lazy/selfish play. After all if we wait for Vinny aka Mr. Excuse Maker to do it it might never happen.
bulls sux

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

This team will finish last if they dont make any changes. those 2 error that deng make cost the bull six point. we as fan should do a strike and dont go to the games till they make some changes, cause we pay the money and fill the stadium and we dont get nothing back.
Bulls SUX
jhund

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Judged:

Go ATL Hawks!
Hardliner

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Say hello to yet another team that has successfully rebuilt itself while the Bulls continue to run in place.
jim

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

O.K. T.Thomas is going to have to look in the mirror and see what his mug is really like, and then see how his play is not helping the team.
Leaping ability, athleticism, don't mean a thing if theres no heart and brains motivating him to wanting to be the best. That's the main thing I feel whenever I see him, He seems to be just so easy going. Where's the fire Tyrus? Ditto a young stud like Noah. Isn't he supposed to bring energy and unbridled passion to the game? Ben Gordons dribbling is also something that needs addressing. Let him wait at the three point line receive the pass, and if double teamed send it back to the sender. Otherwise jack it up. But no more dribbling and dribbling. He's too short to fool NBA players.
I remember in his rookie year he would tear down the lane and do those incredibly timed finger roles. Is that a lost art now? I like the comment that at least Deng and Nocioni are speaking up. More of that and less of the passivity. Is it time to think major trade and major cuts of talentless players or what? The West coast trip is going to see 1 win and 4 losses. That'll make the Bulls 4-9? Its beginning to look a lot like (Last) Christmas.
PostGame

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Tyrus Thomas should've been working on his post game and gaining mass on that frame of his instead of working on jumpers. You're not a shooting guard, Tyrus!
Fred

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

I think the bulls are stuck and can only hope for a low draft choice. i don't hold out any hope that pax can pull off a trade. a pkg combo which can include deng, tyrus, the joker, nocioni, hughes, gordon. will anything happen? only thing i see is a long season. hope the kid doesn't get too frustrated.
Mark

Mundelein, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Thomas and Noah are looking like world class flops/busts. LaMarcus Aldridge is tearing it up in Portland:

PPG:18.9, RPG:7.10, APG:1.7, EFF:+ 18.43

And Tyson Chandler:
PPG:9.3, RPG:10.00 APG:1.0 EFF:+ 17.75

If the playoffs started today, the Knicks would be in and the Bulls would be out (D'Antoni is scraping by with a terrible roster).

Paxson is a horrible talent evaluator!!!

It is time to FIRE PAXSON!!!
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

bulls sux wrote:
This team will finish last if they dont make any changes. those 2 error that deng make cost the bull six point. we as fan should do a strike and dont go to the games till they make some changes, cause we pay the money and fill the stadium and we dont get nothing back.
Bulls ****
Those turnovers look deliberate 2 me. Makes me think the guy is THROWING games.
Guy

Camden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

It's not a mix-up because we work on transition defense all the time," coach Vinny Del Negro said. "We just weren't getting back. We have to find ways to help them understand the importance of it."

Vinny/ Pax:

If personal pride in their jobs or millions of dollars in annual salary don't factor into the majority of your team getting back on defense quickly, perhaps you need to adjust this roster.
Tenn Tuxedo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

The NBA regular season has started? Hum, who knew?
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

NBA basketball is DEAD in Chicago.
Shorewood

Shorewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

"Ben Gordons dribbling is also something that needs addressing. Let him wait at the three point line receive the pass, and if double teamed send it back to the sender. Otherwise jack it up. But no more dribbling and dribbling. He's too short to fool NBA players."

Amen to that.

If Gordon can't be satisfied with his role, trade him / bench him.

And, the whole team has to stop jacking up shots from downtown.

Rose is a delight. May he play forever.
JT Chicago

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

The good news is that Derrick Rose looks like a real NBA BBall player. The bad news is he is the only guy on the Bulls that does. I have said it time and time again on these boards. John Paxson has to go so that if we are rebuilding, its done by someone who knows what he is doing. If Loul and Ben are his best drafts with all of the lottery picks he has had before D Rose then I could do better than that. If you keep Aldridge then you don't take Noah.Noah is a lazy and bad player. Thabo is a Euro player at best. Nocioni was a good pick up but that is nullified by the Ben Wallace disaster. We all need to call for this guys head.
Bulls fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

We drafted Noah when we could have taken his Florida teammate Al Horford instead?

How the hell does Paxson evaluate who is likely to succeed at the pro level? Does he flip a coin?
Lloyd Free

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

The "Bullies" are an incredible mish-mosh of marginal talent mixed with questionable attitude and aptitude for the game. Real eccentrics ... hair extensions, fetish-caliber goatees, coupled with Shirley Temple personalities, reporting to training camp out-of-shape, the list goes on and on. Isn't everyone just a little bit tired of hearing about how one of the guys (fill in the blank) will supposedly "bring energy/hustle". Time to wake up and realize that this is just a figure of speech for "no talent". Need rebounding, quick bodies in front of other bodies, hands in faces, hard fouls, and defense of the basket like their lives depended on it. How many dunks under the basket did Atlanta get with no one laying a hand on the guy? You do that to some other teams, you're going to get pay-back. Just embarrassing. And to the naive kids above who were impressed with Deng/Nocioni for calling others out ..... pleeeez. Noce is the only guy who plays with any guts. But, they (more so Luol) need to take the ball to the basket; not always put up jump shots. Rose shouldn't be the only one going to the rack; in fact, he arguably shouldn't be going to the rack at all. He's the smallest guy on court next to Gordon. Paxson and Reinsdorf are paying guys $70 million to stand around, throw the ball away, look like a deer in the proverbial headlights, and then to say in an interview that they're not playing right. This has been going on for 10 years and it's sickening. And, don't give me the garbage about how "if we only had Eddie Curry or Tyson Chandler". They both have size, but limited talent/bad attitude. The former can lay it up or dunk when he's alone under the basket, and the latter can dunk the ball on alley-oop passes. Wow, big deal. The Bulls need a couple guys with the total package, guys with two-way games, guys who want to win real bad, guys with versatility, guys who aren't afraid to play defense, attack the basket, etc. Watching this team is an agonizing, frustrating experience. As has been said before, I'd rather Paxson go out on West Madison and recruit a few of the thugs there and sign them up and give them a uniform. Maybe we'd see some NBA-caliber defense then. The Bulls have lacked intimidation for years, even mysteriously when they had Wallace in the middle. That would be the first commodity I'd trade for.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

The Bulls always talk about what they can't keep doing, yet they keep doing it anyways. Six weeks into the season, and Noah still hasn't gotten himself into NBA shape. Obviously, Noah has no intentions of being a NBA player for too long.

I dont think John Paxson's being held near accountable enough for his failures as a GM. Having lottery picks and failing as miserably as he did for two years in a row, with his selections of Tyrus Thomas, and Joakim Noah, shouldn't be overlooked. The NBA is the one sport where the draft can alter a teams fortunes very quickly, provided you have a GM capable of evaluating the talent coming out in those drafts. It's one thing to make a bad choice once, but two years in a row is unacceptable, especially when those picks are high level picks. If this team does what i expect, and that's to win less than 30 games once again, then without question Paxson has to go. This losing has got to stop.
jonny35

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Deng is a bum he can't gard no 1 and he can't create his own shot john paxson its time 4 u 2 go u wldnt trade no 1 now ur stuck wht these bums wow
steger

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Bulls fan wrote:
We drafted Noah when we could have taken his Florida teammate Al Horford instead?
How the hell does Paxson evaluate who is likely to succeed at the pro level? Does he flip a coin?
No we couldn't have. Horford was taken 3rd in the draft. I agree Paxson has to go, but a majority of people were not upset with his moves when they were made, so I'm not going to act like I could have done a better job. Wonder how long JR is gonna let Paxson keep his job though. I hope he's gone before next year's draft because it looks like we're lottery bound again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of48
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Andres Nocioni Discussions

Search the Andres Nocioni Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
What might have been: Kobe Bryant and the Bulls (Dec '09) Dec '09 dvs2112 1
Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
Hard verdict: Soft effort (Apr '09) Apr '09 sally1960 1
Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
Bulls come up short vs. Spurs (Jan '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 83
Thomas looking forward with Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••