Gordon's big toe puts Bulls in a jam

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Asked recently when he envisioned his jammed right big toe being healed enough for him to play, Ben Gordon smiled.
Comments
21 - 30 of 30 Comments Last updated Oct 17, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gimy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

pallav, you're comparing a guy who was perhaps THE most dominant center of this generation...is 7 foot, 800 pounds(give or take a few)...to a 6'2 guy who has less heart than the tin man? oh, by the way peaches...shaq sat out games not always because of injuries in recent years...its because he was resting himself for the playoffs. ask dwade, ask riley...ask anybody in miami. they didn't make a secret of it either. they wanted him fresh to be dominant. he's also older than gordon too. got any other arguements dude?

how about YOU educate yourself and stop being ignorant. i dare you to call into your job and say you can't come because you stubbed your toe. no job, ZERO, not even a foot model...would accept that. i hope del negro sits him for weeks at a time if he shows this kind of effort. we don't need crybabies, we need guys with heart. Noc has more spirit in his toenail than ben gordon has ever had.
Danza

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Pallav wrote:
And for all of those idiots that are calling BG a baby for not playing with a sore toe....you have NO idea how bad that hurts. Ask Shaq who missed almost a season bc of it. But please, don't judge and be ignorant on things you know nothing about.
I'm sure we all know why he isn't playing and doesn't want to play for the Bulls. Its just sour grapes on BG's behalf you know, I know and everyone else knows it. Don't for one minute think I know nothing about toe injuries. I've missed my share of games in a variety of sports for many things, among them toe soreness.
I've also broken a fingernail on the odd occasion and this hasn't stopped me from playing!
Sean

Normal, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

A stubbed big toe? Really? You can get out of work for that? Wow, next time instead of saying some embarrassing lie to get out of work like I've been throwing up all night, I'm just going to say I stubbed my toe. Thanks Ben, that's genius.

Get rid of this guy. He's bad for team chemistry and has a low work ethic. He's basketball's Manny Ramirez, except far less talented.
Pallav

Oak Brook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Gimy,

all your posts says is that you are one of the biggest haters out there. you talk as if BG stole your GF or something.
Pallav

Oak Brook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Sean wrote:
A stubbed big toe? Really? You can get out of work for that? Wow, next time instead of saying some embarrassing lie to get out of work like I've been throwing up all night, I'm just going to say I stubbed my toe. Thanks Ben, that's genius.
Get rid of this guy. He's bad for team chemistry and has a low work ethic. He's basketball's Manny Ramirez, except far less talented.
Let me say this in a calm way....'IT'S THE FREAKIN' PRE-SEASON'. My god. Stop the crying. A lot of star players don't even play preseason games for no reason.
Danza

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

I think the point is that Ben wants more money, hey don't we all!

I think he's great as a player, he could be anything and more often than not he is. We can all probably blame Pax and Co for the teams lack of support in the roster and their lackluster pre season thus far.

I just wish Ben had that desire to play through adversity, unless your leg falls off or something! My entire belief in Gordon will not change until he starts doing things for the team and not himself.

Maybe comes out and speaks to the media about his intentions etc etc.

I don't think there are that many Ben haters, or Hinrich haters for that matter. More than anything I think there are a lot of fans out there that just want a team that wants to play, as a team.

Personally, I don't know why they've stuck with him if they weren't going to pay him what he wanted. If its a case of the draft selection in Rose, I really can't see the logic? Rose, Hinrich and Gordon can't all play the same position can they? I possibly and I'm only guessing, but would have possibly taken Beasley instead. He is only young and remember we took Noah last year, so I don't know why they've gone away from loud brash sorts?

This Bulls team needs some kind of direction, because right now they look lost.
airness23

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Gordon's trying to show the Bulls his worth by letting them see how lost they are without a go-to scorer on the court. A stubbed toe is not an injury that requires 2-3 weeks to heal, and in his abscense the Bulls season looks as dismal as last year. Expect the Bulls to look 10x better when Gordon "returns", when the offense will become more fluid with a Rose and Gordon backcourt. Still can't say I blame Gordon with the Bulls willing to give Hinrich $11 million a year. If Gordon stepped up his defense any, he'll be a much improved player, and will commmand the figures he's asking.
I know it's a long shot,and really has no possibility of happening, but please trade (Hinrich & Nocioni, Gordon & Nocioni, Hinrich & Gordon, Hinrich & Gordon & Nocioni)whoever it takes to get O.J. Mayo. Mayo is going to be of the D.Wade mold and a backcourt of he and Rose would be one for the ages. Go Bulls
Objective Sports Fan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

I saw Ben Gordon out at the Underground in Chicago this past Saturday (10/10/08). It was 4am, he looked healthy. Healthy enough to be out clubbing at 4am.
Objective Sports Fan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

jason wrote:
would u guys just trade gordon and get it over with along with hinrick. They suck
I saw Ben Gordon out at the Underground in Chicago this past Saturday (10/10/08). It was 4am, he looked healthy. Healthy enough to be out clubbing at 4am.
Mike

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

When I left Cortland Garage at 2am saturday (10/10), he was still there with his homeboys, sitting in the corner, doing shots with a big group of people.

obviously you can go out and have fun, we all know MJ did, but MJ also took care of business on the court first. this dude needs to get his act together.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Andres Nocioni Discussions

Search the Andres Nocioni Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
What might have been: Kobe Bryant and the Bulls (Dec '09) Dec '09 dvs2112 1
Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
Hard verdict: Soft effort (Apr '09) Apr '09 sally1960 1
Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
Bulls come up short vs. Spurs (Jan '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 83
Thomas looking forward with Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••