Gordon's big toe puts Bulls in a jam

Gordon's big toe puts Bulls in a jam

There are 30 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 12, 2008, titled Gordon's big toe puts Bulls in a jam. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Asked recently when he envisioned his jammed right big toe being healed enough for him to play, Ben Gordon smiled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Larry

Matteson, IL

#1 Oct 12, 2008
Ben Gordon is turning into a cancer!! I feel like Gordon is not going to put the team first because all he is thinking about is his contract. why not just get rid of the guy??
Michael P Coy

Oswego, IL

#2 Oct 13, 2008
Gordon has been Jacked around so much yet he shows up at the Berto Center all summer, every summer.
This guy has watched Dribble,Dribble Kirk run the clock down a few seasons then cling clang or "here Ben, with 5 seconds left, bail us out"
Sure he'll never be tall, his defense isn't the best, but Ben is a Closer, the only one on the team.
SIBVET

Alsip, IL

#3 Oct 13, 2008
Long year for Bulls--

Bad last year--only add 1 new player-who just happened to fall into their lap? Rose good but raw-and a few years away--I guess we did not have to add anyone else..

So we hire a coach who was not even considered a candidate by the organization he worked for? The Vinnie death watch is on.....

Bulls fans deserve much much more..

They have become the Blackhawks of yesteryear
Eric

Naperville, IL

#4 Oct 13, 2008
"Team first" statement is a nonsense. Larry, NBA members play for money, don't use North Korea ideology here. Gordon was treated by Pax, Skiles and other like piece of dirt, he would be easily a starter in most of NBA great teams.
Spark of the bench, sixth man - who wants to hear such garbage! The real problem of this organization is Hinrich
playing point and transforming Bulls into YMCA team.
Gimy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Oct 13, 2008
correct me if i'm wrong basketball historians but, is ben gordon the first female player to play in the nba? or just to play for the bulls? she deserves some credit for her achievements. big toe? seriously, still rollin' with that excuse are ya? please just say its preseason, the games don't count...so you don't want to play. don't gimme a toe injury for your issues dude. if he pulls this in the regular season...the bulls better discipline him.

even though i dislike him and his poor attitude a great deal, he gets a pass because its preseason. still, new coach...new system, get your 2ss out on the court soon or just stay home.
Ricky

United States

#6 Oct 13, 2008
yeah
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#7 Oct 13, 2008
I hope ben has a sore toe 4 the entire season. The ONLY way Ben wins in the NBA is 2 go 2 another team. The Bulls will NEVER win another title of Dingledorf as owner.

Teams that win titles have well rounded talent and mgmt that KNOW what the are doing. The Bulls have neither.
Mike

Cleveland, OH

#8 Oct 13, 2008
His big toe didn't stop him from getting wasted and acting like an idiot at Cortland Garage on Saturday night. Why don't you actually rest and not stay out till 2am? start taking your job more seriously.
Benny T Bull

Glenview, IL

#9 Oct 13, 2008
Gordon was a no show for most of last season. I don't know why they signed him again.
thesmlpkg

Elk Grove Village, IL

#10 Oct 13, 2008
Gordon used to be a closer, but the other teams have figured him out, so when the play calls for Gordon to get the ball in the 4th, they usually stop him. Kirk tries to find him in position. He was successful at first because the competition didn't yet have his number. It won't happen again.

My prediction also is that Rose will be unstoppable at first, but the same thing MAY happen to him.
Chris from Springfield

Springfield, IL

#11 Oct 13, 2008
Expect this ALL YEAR. This is his contract, so he doesn't want to risk injury and some dope giving him the money he thinks he deserves
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#12 Oct 13, 2008
Gordon has no interest in playing pre-season games. He didn't get the money he felt he was worth, and i'm sure his agent has him convinced that when he becomes a free agent after this season, the other teams will be willing to overlook everything, since he wasn't awarded a starters role.
airness23

Aurora, IL

#13 Oct 13, 2008
I don't understand all the backlash that Gordon is now getting because of his contract disputes. Clearly, he plays a bigger part in us winning than Kirk Hinrich, so if Hinrich is making $11 million a year, why make a fuss over Gordon asking for the same type of compensation if he's a more vital piece to the puzzle. Sure, I wish he would have taken the leser deal, but this isn't a perfect world, and if the Bulls would pay Hinrich $11 million just to draft his replacement the next year, I can't say I really blame Gordon for his stance. Sure he's not going to say that's what it is outright, but read between the lines.
Ben Gordon is a hard worker and that can't be denied. Though he's not known for his defensive talents, he does do his thing on the offensive end. In a more fluid uptempo game like Del Negro is promising we'll see, I think Gordon's offensive production finally breaks into that 20-23 ppg range, running alongside Derek Rose. Trade Hinrich for a center that can score (Eddy Curry would be finnaly motivated on the current Bulls team and would definitely fit the bill) and we have a Bulls team that has all the pieces for that Eastern Conference title run. Keep Hinrich and keep endorsing him as a player that is anything more than average, and we see the Bulls in the same rut they were in last year, with Gordon being the scapegoat.
(Hinrich is to the Bulls what Rex Grossman is to the Bears....an anchor)

Eddy Curry
Tyrus Thomas
Loul Deng
Ben Gordon
Derek Rose
(Sefelosha,Hughes,Nocioni,Good en,Noah)

Buy into that intense defensive philosophy of 2 years ago, and we're playing the Lakers in June. Go Bulls
jason

Cayman Islands

#14 Oct 13, 2008
would u guys just trade gordon and get it over with along with hinrick. They suck
Danza

Australia

#15 Oct 13, 2008
Ben Gordon, jammed right big toe, broken finger-nail! When was the last time we remember Michael Jordan sitting out games with such an injury. If Gordon wanted to play, he'd be out there, sore toe or not, we've all played a sport at some point in time with something playing up, this is just a bad case of dejavu for the Bulls who clearly have a lot of luck in the building stakes!
Larry

Matteson, IL

#16 Oct 13, 2008
Eric....... Ben Gordon missed more games than just about anyone last year because he felt that if the Bulls don't want to pay me than any ache or pain I have I won't play. Ben Gordon was offered a fair contract and he turned it down and he is going to regret it because he is not a complete player but he wants a complete player salary, for starters he is to short, he is a liability on defense and if a team will give him 10 mill a year i would be shocked.
Eric wrote:
"Team first" statement is a nonsense. Larry, NBA members play for money, don't use North Korea ideology here. Gordon was treated by Pax, Skiles and other like piece of dirt, he would be easily a starter in most of NBA great teams.
Spark of the bench, sixth man - who wants to hear such garbage! The real problem of this organization is Hinrich
playing point and transforming Bulls into YMCA team.
Larry

Matteson, IL

#17 Oct 13, 2008
I agree with you but for one thing Kirk Hinrich is not worth 11 million a year either and neither is Gordon and if there is anyone who needs to go it is Paxson.
airness23 wrote:
I don't understand all the backlash that Gordon is now getting because of his contract disputes. Clearly, he plays a bigger part in us winning than Kirk Hinrich, so if Hinrich is making $11 million a year, why make a fuss over Gordon asking for the same type of compensation if he's a more vital piece to the puzzle. Sure, I wish he would have taken the leser deal, but this isn't a perfect world, and if the Bulls would pay Hinrich $11 million just to draft his replacement the next year, I can't say I really blame Gordon for his stance. Sure he's not going to say that's what it is outright, but read between the lines.
Ben Gordon is a hard worker and that can't be denied. Though he's not known for his defensive talents, he does do his thing on the offensive end. In a more fluid uptempo game like Del Negro is promising we'll see, I think Gordon's offensive production finally breaks into that 20-23 ppg range, running alongside Derek Rose. Trade Hinrich for a center that can score (Eddy Curry would be finnaly motivated on the current Bulls team and would definitely fit the bill) and we have a Bulls team that has all the pieces for that Eastern Conference title run. Keep Hinrich and keep endorsing him as a player that is anything more than average, and we see the Bulls in the same rut they were in last year, with Gordon being the scapegoat.
(Hinrich is to the Bulls what Rex Grossman is to the Bears....an anchor)
Eddy Curry
Tyrus Thomas
Loul Deng
Ben Gordon
Derek Rose
(Sefelosha,Hughes,Nocioni,Good en,Noah)
Buy into that intense defensive philosophy of 2 years ago, and we're playing the Lakers in June. Go Bulls
Larry

Matteson, IL

#18 Oct 13, 2008
Wow is that true?? lease tell me more
Mike wrote:
His big toe didn't stop him from getting wasted and acting like an idiot at Cortland Garage on Saturday night. Why don't you actually rest and not stay out till 2am? start taking your job more seriously.
Pallav

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 14, 2008
Gordon isn't the problem. It's Hinriched. For some reason, he is treated like a prince on this team and for what reason? His play is average at best and has struggled more than BG in the past. Yet, he ever loses his starting job. And now that we actually have a legit PG, he gets a slide by moving over to the SG position and starting there? That's BS and that just tells me that management obviously has a favorite. Treat everyone fairly and equally! If you don't start Gordon, then start a real shooting guard like Sefalosha. But please get rid of Hinrich in a trade asap!!
Pallav

Chicago, IL

#20 Oct 14, 2008
And for all of those idiots that are calling BG a baby for not playing with a sore toe....you have NO idea how bad that hurts. Ask Shaq who missed almost a season bc of it. But please, don't judge and be ignorant on things you know nothing about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andres Nocioni Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
News What might have been: Kobe Bryant and the Bulls (Dec '09) Dec '09 dvs2112 1
News Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
News Hard verdict: Soft effort (Apr '09) Apr '09 sally1960 1
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Bulls come up short vs. Spurs (Jan '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 83
News Thomas looking forward with Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
More from around the web