It's instant offense

It's instant offense

There are 12 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 2, 2008, titled It's instant offense. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Bulls' offense received an injection of hope Saturday, even if Pau Gasol took his 18.9 points-per-game average from the Grizzlies to the Lakers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Ron

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 3, 2008
I don't watch the Bulls. Can anyone give me reason to watch this team!
Marc

United States

#2 Feb 3, 2008
Ladies and gentleman, Jim Boylan...
George Tomek

Edmond, OK

#3 Feb 3, 2008
The Bulls are still in a season-long funk. And my son in Dallas who works for a sports advertising firm and is a graphics arts and computer whiz agrees with me, the "new" Chicagosports.com look leaves a helluvalot to be desired.
ABN Oritz

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 3, 2008
Never made enough money to watch them: Why support them?
Larry in Lincolnwood

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 3, 2008
K C Johnson - earn your salary and pass along the following, as I read somewhere that you do read some of the emails:

1. Tell Paxson that if he expects anyone to continue to even watch part of the Bulls on tv to make it worthwhile. This means don't start Ben Wallace. He needs to sit and come in as a defensive replacement if someone gets in foul trouble or if the other team is going on a run exploiting the guys up front.
This way you'll get us to watch at least the first half hour of the game and associated commercials.
In other words, you've lost the fan base.

2. Boyland is at best a varsity coach. He is killing the team with his rotations and (lack of) timesouts (to regroup).
Toss him and Paxson needs to get in there and evaluate the talent directly. See who is disregarding orders from the bench or incapable of understanding them.

3. Don't offer Ben Gordon a new contract. His style of play does not mesh with the rest of the team.
Without him in there at the beginning, you finally had some guys trying to score inside or draw fouls.
When he is out there, he takes every shot he can whether prudent or not and refuses to take even a scratch and draw a foul.

4. Tell The Joker that he doesn't need to pass off when he is within 5 feet of the basket and go in and try to score or draw a foul. If Wallace is intimidating him from doing it, tell him to slug Wallace.

5. As Red Kerr said last (Saturday) night on 2 occassions, what the heck is Tyrus Thomas trying to be the go-to guy late in a game when you are down? In other words, bad rotation.
that's why Boyland will be just a blip in the sea of Bulls history come April. And he will be taking Paxson with him, the fool for being so nice to people when you should be nice to the people who pay for all this stupidity.
MattM

Trumbull, CT

#6 Feb 3, 2008
Larry Lincolnwood, the "wood" is between your ears.
Absolutely Gordon doesn't mesh with his team mates, as he can make a shot where most of the team are a bunch of bricklayers.
Drawing fouls???, Gordon was 10-10 last night, what more do you want?
How about Victor the Loser last night, he was 0-3 from the field, 4 fouls, 3 Turnovers and three lousy rebounds, in essence he played like " Crapa".
Lets all agree with Larry from Deadwood, and just release BEN GORDON and make this team better!!!!
Troot

Naperville, IL

#7 Feb 3, 2008
I also take issue with Larry's complaint about short passes... Last night, in the first quarter the dribble penetration opened up dunks for Wallace, Noah and Noc. The first quarter was a glimpse at this team back when they played hard and were a blast to watch. Pretty stuff, that went sour later.

That said, Boylan looks like the worst coach in the NBA. Experiment over. Play the kids and move on.
Gordon a fraud

United States

#8 Feb 3, 2008
Ben Gordon knows that if he doesn't average 25 points a night he's never going to get the contract he wants. Gordon can only do one thing.
Larry in Lincolnwood

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 3, 2008
MattM wrote:
Larry Lincolnwood, the "wood" is between your ears.
Absolutely Gordon doesn't mesh with his team mates, as he can make a shot where most of the team are a bunch of bricklayers.
Drawing fouls???, Gordon was 10-10 last night, what more do you want?
How about Victor the Loser last night, he was 0-3 from the field, 4 fouls, 3 Turnovers and three lousy rebounds, in essence he played like " Crapa".
Lets all agree with Larry from Deadwood, and just release BEN GORDON and make this team better!!!!
What game were u watching, little Matty? Gordon didn't come in until past halfway in the first quarter and they were doing fine without him, passing AND penetrating. So, one stinking night he got to the foul line. Most nights, he is shooting 35% from too far out. Some of his shots last night were acrobatic. You can have Gordon. I'll pick my own players and we'll see who wins the match, ok?
Larry in Lincolnwood

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 3, 2008
Troot wrote:
I also take issue with Larry's complaint about short passes... Last night, in the first quarter the dribble penetration opened up dunks for Wallace, Noah and Noc. The first quarter was a glimpse at this team back when they played hard and were a blast to watch. Pretty stuff, that went sour later.
That said, Boylan looks like the worst coach in the NBA. Experiment over. Play the kids and move on.
My point number 4 is later in the game when the Joker passed off a few times instead of taking the close-in shot. Early in the games, he was not tentative. The short passes at that point made sense because the other teammates were alert. You have to know when to pass and when to shoot.
The drive and kick of the past 3 seasons should be buried.
MattM

Trumbull, CT

#11 Feb 3, 2008
Larry, what public school system did you graduate from?
Gordon was 3/4 from three's...also, he is shooting 39% from three's for the year...very acceptable.
Lets not have any facts get in the way of your idiocy.
So, you would get rid of your best player, good way to improve.
ballabigben

Lahaina, HI

#12 Feb 3, 2008
no one says anything about nocioni. another awful shooting night and it is completely ignored. i guess we are waiting for him to have his 2 game shooting spree once a month. he starts for us. wow. he looks like he's a hustler though. yeah, that and a dime will get us a cup of coffee. we need nba players on our roster. we have very few. maybe five or six out of the 13. how can you win with this collection of talent. look at the teams with winning records and match them up with our heros. we lose 3 out of 5 matchups every nite. you cannot win games that way. you can't go into a game 20 points down every nite. some of the starters look afraid at the tip-off. it is such a struggle to play a game that is supposed to have a nice flow to it. but our guys make it seem so hard even only to score! one thing is guaranteed, you lose with losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andres Nocioni Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
News What might have been: Kobe Bryant and the Bulls (Dec '09) Dec '09 dvs2112 1
News Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
News Hard verdict: Soft effort (Apr '09) Apr '09 sally1960 1
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Bulls come up short vs. Spurs (Jan '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 83
News Thomas looking forward with Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
More from around the web