Bulls shut down Deng

Bulls shut down Deng

There are 15 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 23, 2008, titled Bulls shut down Deng. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

In yet another blow for the Bulls, interim coach Jim Boylan said Wednesday that forward Luol Deng would be "shut down" for "a significant period of time" because of his sore left Achilles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

BoxStuffer

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 23, 2008
If there was any doubt before that the season was lost, there certainly isn't any now.
Shane

Kansas City, MO

#2 Jan 23, 2008
dang deng! ding dong! dung!
Reyes Garcia

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 23, 2008
We were losing with him in there! Besides he takes way to many jump shots even when they are not falling

“I comment, therefore, I am!”

Since: Sep 07

Wilmette, IL

#4 Jan 23, 2008
Darn. There goes my hopes of the Bulls getting to the NBA finals.
TOM SLICK

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 23, 2008
Should have signed that contract. Now Paxson can offer you less because you didn't produce this year. Same for Gordon. That big payday went out the window, and if you think other teams will offer 50M, pass the smoke to me.
Tom

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 23, 2008
Ugh. Let this season end already.
Semi

United States

#7 Jan 23, 2008
Not a big deal. Just trade him for Kobe.
David

Northbrook, IL

#8 Jan 23, 2008
Baseball season can't start too soon.

Since: Oct 07

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 23, 2008
This should subside Boylan's earlier comments that the Bulls were still in the playoff hunt ... hahahahaha! Yeah, like Ron Paul is in the "hunt" for the presidency.
texas chicagoan

Sparks, NV

#12 Jan 23, 2008
Semi wrote:
Not a big deal. Just trade him for Kobe.
yeah, I wish. We probably could have gotten Kobe for Gordon, Deng,and someone else before the season started. Now since Paxson screwed up their contract extensions, they are not playing too well this year(at least not Deng). Their value will undoubtedly drop and the bulls will be screwed again. Why did we get rid of Brand and Chandler anyways? The Jordan days were a looooong time ago!
Niles

Vernon Hills, IL

#13 Jan 23, 2008
texas chicagoan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did we get rid of Brand and Chandler anyways? The Jordan days were a looooong time ago!
Brand was traded for the draft rights to Chandler.
Marc

United States

#14 Jan 23, 2008
Fukodome!
Bill

United States

#15 Jan 23, 2008
They ought to shut the whole team down.

Who turns down $60 million? Unreal.
a from c

Evanston, IL

#16 Jan 24, 2008
they will weather the storm. overall deng will still be good for the bulls. Gordon is another question since unlike deng, he doesn't seem to be adjusting his game and getting better at his weak points year to year. I think deng's attitude is better, and he can still imrove. And he's only 22 yrs old. His numbers are slightly higher than last year, but he doesn't create his own shots, and if he's not getting open he's screwed. Plus his free throw shooting needs to get better. Gordon coming in for points off the bench works for me since he can't play defense, might as well stop asking him to, and just get someone who will for most of the game.
Shane

Kansas City, MO

#17 Jan 24, 2008
David wrote:
Baseball season can't start too soon.
It can if you're a Royals fan!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andres Nocioni Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
News What might have been: Kobe Bryant and the Bulls (Dec '09) Dec '09 dvs2112 1
News Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
News Hard verdict: Soft effort (Apr '09) Apr '09 sally1960 1
News Trading Places: Chicago Bulls Mid-Season Review (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 4
News Bulls come up short vs. Spurs (Jan '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 83
News Thomas looking forward with Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
More from around the web