Magic men buy into Stan Van Gundy's message, even if he screams...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Here I am, on the road again, There I am, up on the stage. Here I go, playing star again.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
James Hawk III

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

From last night's quotes on the game: "I had to take it the hole," Turkoglu said. "I knew Dwight was there if I miss. I'm glad that I made it."

He knew Dwight was there if he missed. Sounds like a team, doesn't it?

I think these guys like the playoffs. Look at the box score. Rashard Lewis, not having a great shooting night, was still in there with 18 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and a block. That's a career night for a lot of players in the NBA, and this was characterized in the media as an "off night." Jameer had great all-around numbers as well.(Hedo. I don't even have to mention Hedo. Another off-night for a Magic shooter, who nevertheless comes up with 9 rebounds, 5 assists, and a steal.)

The only factor I see affecting the Magic's playoff performance is endurance. The second season can seem as long, or longer, than the regular season. Right now the Magic like the playoffs, but can they sustain their performance over the long haul?

I'm not going to try to answer that question right now. I do, however, know these things: SVG will not be lacking in motivational speeches (or rants, if you wish). Dwight has declared that he wants this to be the beginning of his footprint on the NBA. Hedo wants to prove that he's an All-Star-level player. Rashard knows how to fill in the gaps. Jameer is discovering himself as a playoff player.

It's going to be a fun ride.
Joe Comment

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

I agree with your post James and the article. Gotta have good coaching. I would like to see him get into the bench a little more but if it takes going with the starters in order to put them away in 4 games. We can rest in between series. Go Magic and Go Sixers!
Forrest Trump

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

James Hawk III wrote:
From last night's quotes on the game: "I had to take it the hole," Turkoglu said. "I knew Dwight was there if I miss. I'm glad that I made it."
I think these guys like the playoffs. Look at the box score. Rashard Lewis, not having a great shooting night, was still in there with 18 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and a block. That's a career night for a lot of players in the NBA, and this was characterized in the media as an "off night." Jameer had great all-around numbers as well.(Hedo. I don't even have to mention Hedo. Another off-night for a Magic shooter, who nevertheless comes up with 9 rebounds, 5 assists, and a steal.)
The only factor I see affecting the Magic's playoff performance is endurance. The second season can seem as long, or longer, than the regular season. Right now the Magic like the playoffs, but can they sustain their performance over the long haul?
I'm not going to try to answer that question right now. I do, however, know these things: SVG will not be lacking in motivational speeches (or rants, if you wish). Dwight has declared that he wants this to be the beginning of his footprint on the NBA. Hedo wants to prove that he's an All-Star-level player. Rashard knows how to fill in the gaps. Jameer is discovering himself as a playoff player.
Great post!! I agree 100%.....
magicfan

Lake Helen, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

one of your better articles mike.
Rick

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

Dear Hypocrite Slant-inel columinsts:

Explain to me how come when when O'Leary "Yells too much" he becomes an abuser. While Stan Vand Gundy does the same thing and he becomes a teacher.

"Juxtapose" this contrast- Gator Man (I mean Bianchi)

Sincerely,

Rick
John

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

Great post James Hawk... I agree!
Celia McCulty

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

I watched both of the games and sat on the edge of my chair during the last minutes. We all want the Magic to win the entire thing but no matter where they are stopped they have been a great team this year and will only get better if they stick together and learn with each other.

GO HEDO!!!!!!!!
jsilver

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

Boy...Washington fans are testy when they are getting smoked! Is it the apocalypse??? Bianchi and I are on the same page? All of us have been on a roller coaster with this team, we've been through the ups (getting to the Finals), and the downs (Too many to mention). Like George Costanza says,"Baby, I'm Back!"
Incognito Johnson

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

I just wanted to say, as a long time Jameer doubter, I think he's changed my mind. He's played great in the last month or so. This team has the potential to take the east.

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

James Hawk III wrote:
Holly Molly,
You summed it all up right there...
Outstanding Post.
Very well put!

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

Incognito Johnson wrote:
I just wanted to say, as a long time Jameer doubter, I think he's changed my mind. He's played great in the last month or so. This team has the potential to take the east.
The feeling is mutual here...he is definitely making a beleiver out of me.
another canuck

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

Bob Seger? RealIy? You started an NBA playoff column with a quote from Bob Seger?

The word "lame" is hardly strong enough...
BCTF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

What was really "lame" was the last play of the game run by the Raptors. Down one point, and settling for an 18 foot prayer from their best post player..... No chance for a cheap foul, goaltend, putback.... Also noted was that the Raptors had no timeouts at this crucial time for Coach Mitchell to draw up a better play to be ignored by his players. Magic in 5!
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2008

I'm still shaking my head from reading what the Toronto fans have had to say. Get this, they actually believe the bad officiating in Game 2 HURT them!

Sheez, if I see Bosh flop to the ground like a soccer drama queen one more time, I'm gonna puke.

Here's hoping the Magic come out very agressive tonight to put the dagger in the heart... I suspect they will.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Andrea Bargnani Discussions

Search the Andrea Bargnani Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Early Predictions for NY Knicks' Starting 5 Nex... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jammer Man 2
Should Toronto Raptors Retain Dwane Casey as He... (May '13) May '13 Javid 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Toronto Raptors trade Andrea ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 fabesballin 2
NBA Trade Rumors: Toronto Raptors ship Andrea B... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Raptor-007 1
Is The Toronto Raptors Season Already Over? (Dec '12) Feb '13 hoit 5
Carlos Boozer trade rumor: Bulls, Raptors mull ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Sammy 1
Five Game Win Streak Raises Questions (Jan '13) Jan '13 mike 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••