Cavaliers and Heat: Two teams going in opposite directions

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

On Christmas Day, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James had the same wish list. The shared goal? Remove their teams from the depths of early season struggles.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
papi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

If the rest of the season unfolds as it has so far, Pat Riley's performance will rank among the most inept in the history of the NBA. Which performance: General Manager? Coach? or Both? Not only is the record among the worst ever, but the core talent that won a championship just 2 years ago is for the most part still in place. GM ineptitude is most to blame. The past two offseasons have been abysmal. On the coaching side, erratic treatment of young players has hampered their development, and that has hurt also. Who will hold Pat accountable; himself? Arison? And what would accountability look like?
VINCENT VEGA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

THE SEASON IS NOT OVER. The Heat can still make a playoff/championship run. Rest Shaq and Dwade and let some of the talented young guns, Diaper Dandies if you will, win some games. Play Blount he is a superstar in this league and it is time that he gets significant PT. He is a PTP as Dick Vitale would say. When the playoffs come the Vets will be ready to shine and prosper under the sum. The bench will be ready, too. Come on Riles you are a Hall of Famer this is not rocket science. LETS GO HEAT, LETS GO HEAT, LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!
Rickey

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

VINCENT VEGA wrote:
THE SEASON IS NOT OVER. The Heat can still make a playoff/championship run. Rest Shaq and Dwade and let some of the talented young guns, Diaper Dandies if you will, win some games. Play Blount he is a superstar in this league and it is time that he gets significant PT. He is a PTP as Dick Vitale would say. When the playoffs come the Vets will be ready to shine and prosper under the sum. The bench will be ready, too. Come on Riles you are a Hall of Famer this is not rocket science. LETS GO HEAT, LETS GO HEAT, LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA...are you kidding? Keep believing man!!
game day

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

...means another pay day and having fun on South Beach after the game.
Larrys Bird

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

Who will end up with the worst season between all the South Florida "professional" sports teams?

Dolphins...1-15...worst in league

Marlins...71-91... tied for 5th worst in league

Panthers...21-24-4...tied for 3rd worst in league

Heat...8-32...2nd worst in the league

The Dolphins will be tough to beat but the Heat has to be the most disappointing.

Cleve

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

papi wrote:
If the rest of the season unfolds as it has so far, Pat Riley's performance will rank among the most inept in the history of the NBA. Which performance: General Manager? Coach? or Both? Not only is the record among the worst ever, but the core talent that won a championship just 2 years ago is for the most part still in place. GM ineptitude is most to blame. The past two offseasons have been abysmal. On the coaching side, erratic treatment of young players has hampered their development, and that has hurt also. Who will hold Pat accountable; himself? Arison? And what would accountability look like?
I agree. Any other coach with a record like this would get fired.
richster

Northbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

Disappointed, yes. But, with a healthy Wade, the emergence of Cook, upcoming lottery pick (hopefully top 2 or 3), a couple of free agents, the Heat will be back in business and contending. Basketball is the one sport where you can contend quicker, EX. The Celtics. By the way, the time is right for Riley to finally step down.
Stanislaw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

I agree it is probably time for Riley to go. He is the best coach to lead a team of veteran players but Miami needs someone better able to get younger guys ready. DWade would have seen less time his first couple years without Van Gundy.
Riley should concentrate on wheeling and dealing to bring in veteran players (preferably not the ones ready for social security) and leave the coaching to others.
Miami needs to be rebuilt around Wade. Miami never wins in the lottery but we can always hope. Riley would not play them anyway. After last season how could he have not known they were going to be bad? Wade was hurt (and put of his surgery to the off-season), Shaq and JWill are both injury prone, they lost EJones, Kapono, and Posey and were not playing all that well when they were there.
alex

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

VINCENT VEGA wrote:
feel sorry for mentally sick person
alex

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

I was right saying month ago heat will reach -30 earlier then +10. I hope riley will do the trade (any)to get somebody for next Miami Heat team. Thyat group is so over...
Stanislaw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

The problem is the biggest dead weight on the team has too big a contract to be moved. Who would take Shaq (at this stage of his career) for his salary?
Garrett Kall

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

What I want to know is where is the backlash or criticsm that is long overdue courtesy of this train wreck? Why does our organization continue to get a free pass from the media when it comes to negative publicity down here when the rest of the sporting world does not? What Heat fans are going through right now is a joke, especially since there's no relief anywhere in sight. We've seen our season slip away before the freakin All-star break, are in the middle of a 13 game losing streak, yet no strategic adjustments have been made, no personnel moves have been executed, and we're not even given excuses for this mess. It's just "allowed". Why? In Los Angeles and Chicago, they hit deathcom 5 after a 2 game losing streak. Considering our payroll combined with the fact that our team has two of the top 5 "superstars", we as fans at least deserve some kind of explanation why this has happened or a plan for how we're gonna get out of this mess. Something more than we need to play better or defense, or we need more urgency. I guess when you have a media market who legitmately wanted to keep Cam Cameron after barely winning one game, what can a South Florida sports fan expect.
win

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

0-13:not one personnel move. not one...

losers.
mydrick taylor

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2009

finally we are back at home we have the champs, boston, tonight and oh what a statement we would make if we beat these guys tonight...LETS GO HEAT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anderson Varejao Discussions

Search the Anderson Varejao Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' Jul 11 Instigator 1
LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers Jul 11 Janitor 1
Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••