Ohio.com - Varejao irks some Cavs

Ohio.com - Varejao irks some Cavs

There are 33 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Varejao irks some Cavs. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

CLEVELAND: There's a reason that players usually don't talk to the media during contract negotiations: Sometimes it can do more harm than good.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kenny smith

Canton, OH

#21 Nov 28, 2007
I just like cleveland sports.., the cavs, the browns, the indians! The curses are being lifted in this area(the mistake at the lake and all). I'm just glad that this team is good enough to have people embroiled in conversation(and that a guy from "Akron" is the center!)
The cavs are good with or without verajao, I like him,
but I like "LeBron" much, much better!
holy man

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Nov 28, 2007
kevin akron, you better seek forgiveness
loowees oakley

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

#23 Nov 28, 2007
Hi, Brian
I don't think Varejao just wanted hurt someone else because of his situation. The "imbroglio" now is going too far and became very "emotional". Pardon me but put the things under such a point of vew do not help. Varejao doesn't seem to be that unpolyte player . He does not need to proove it. I do expect everything all right. He and his mates will be happy sooner than we dream
Hug...
LeBraun James

United States

#24 Nov 28, 2007
Let me know when he can make a jump shot beyond 5 feet or if he learns how to dribble we might find a spot on the team for him for the minimum contract
how much for LH

New York, NY

#25 Nov 28, 2007
pretty sure he was singling out hughes, and deservedly so. So I have no problem with that. It's not as bas as Austin Carr making comments about Sasha's poor decision's with the ball on some occassions, yet he has never said anything bad about Hughes' play (and Sasha puts for 10 time the effort and effectiveness than Hughes). Why aren't Cavs fans angered at Austin Carr?
Hagen

Kissimmee, FL

#26 Nov 28, 2007
Pelosi wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cavs should spend the $52 million on health care for Cleveland's kids.
What about the children?
How much do you contribute to Cleveland childrens health care?
alan t

United States

#27 Nov 28, 2007
Mr Mickey wrote:
Anderson has lost the respect of his teammates and the fans, he has cut his own neck. Let him play in Europe or a South America leages and see how he does there. Cleveland is a blue coller town and we stick together.
P.S. Maghan from Toledo did you see the game last night or were you to busy with Dancing with the Stars.
He's lost the respect of "his teammates?" Well, I guess Ira Newble qualifies as a teammate, but precisely which other guys no longer respect Varejao because he said he been paid less than other guys that sucked? Do you really think players give a damn? Business is business.
SDespot

Avon Lake, OH

#28 Nov 29, 2007
So what! Let him go. He wasn't that good anyhow.
Moved

Naples, FL

#29 Nov 29, 2007
Can we half Hughes' salary and add it to Andy's package? That should be suggested by Larry himself, at this point. Larry is worth about $1.2 mil a year and possibly less.
tmurda2240

Strongsville, OH

#30 Nov 29, 2007
i don't care who it is, YOU DO NOT TALK $H!T ABOUT YOUR TEAMATES, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT HAS TO DO WITH CONTRACT ISSUES.

i don't think we would have andy back after those comments even if he played for the league minimum.
n kehl

AOL

#31 Nov 29, 2007
bill wrote:
Pile on the pressure and critics...
LeBron simply gets better...
AV is not worth what he is asking - not one team has worked out a sign and trade deal... that should tell h im something.
Tell me one pro sports player who is playing ball is worth the millions they are getting. I a'm a cleveland fan. but the sports world is getting out of hand when it comes to money. Ferry got paid big bucks and he wasn't worth it but andy may not have as much natural talent but when he is on the floor he goes all out.
kracka

Norfolk, VA

#32 Nov 29, 2007
av aint woth 52 million
SensationATtheQ

Wakefield, RI

#33 Dec 1, 2007
He's right, he's out performing "the glass man" (Larry Hughes) but Larry's got all this Guaranteed money....That's the Cavs' fault. Sign and trade! There are plenty of teams looking for big men who adds that hyperness on defense kind of like a Rodman to start...It'd work out 4 both of us...he gets his money and we could get something big for him, "glassman" Ira, Damon Jones shannon brown..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' (Jul '14) Jul '14 sam 3
News LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers (Jul '14) Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
News Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
News NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
News MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
News Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
News Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
More from around the web