Ohio.com - Varejao irks some Cavs

CLEVELAND: There's a reason that players usually don't talk to the media during contract negotiations: Sometimes it can do more harm than good. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#1 Nov 28, 2007
Can't see the Cavs keeping him now. AV's comments work in Ferry's favor. Now Ferry can wait for another team to get desperate and pull off a sign and trade. The Cavs could trade AV and their 1st round pick for a much higher 1st rounder? I'm not sure what AV's market value is.
bill

Fort Jennings, OH

#2 Nov 28, 2007
Pile on the pressure and critics...

LeBron simply gets better...

AV is not worth what he is asking - not one team has worked out a sign and trade deal... that should tell him something.
ExFed

North Olmsted, OH

#3 Nov 28, 2007
Varejao has great abilities and I love his energy on the court but his words and actions show that he has an over inflated opinion of himself. Who knows him best but his teammates? If they have been offended it further shows that he is not a team player. If his plan was to have the Cavs lose games while he is not playing so his stock would go up then he does not have the Cavs best interest at heart. He needs to grow up, accept reality and mend fences. The Cavs don't need a player with an attitude on the team. If he doesn't come to terms quickly he needs to move on.
Taco

Cleveland, OH

#4 Nov 28, 2007
I know who AV is referring to: Larry Hughes, Eric Snow, Damon Jones, Ira Newbal just to name a few!!!!! They are the most glaring of the over-paid oafs sitting on their butts robbing that good for nothing Danny Ferry and the Cavs organization as a whole of a lot of money for nothing!!!!
Dude

Cleveland, OH

#5 Nov 28, 2007
Post No Grump.

Probably because the team is not happy with AV, OMG/OldManDumbass' comments wouldn't apply here and would just make him sound more of a dumbass than he is on a daily basis.
Sympathetic

Columbia, MO

#6 Nov 28, 2007
Hard to argue with the guy when you have Larry Hughes making almost as much as Lebron this year...(Hughes =$12 million, Lebron =$13 million) AV provides the hustle a team needs, like Bruce Bowen does for the Spurs... he's worth the money. No other team has signed him bc he's a restricted free agent and even if they made an offer, Cavs still can match it and keep him, so what would be the point? No point sacrificing your career and body for a team that doesn't appreciate your contribution.
Scott from Atlanta

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Nov 28, 2007
Dude wrote:
Post No Grump.
Probably because the team is not happy with AV, OMG/OldManDumbass' comments wouldn't apply here and would just make him sound more of a dumbass than he is on a daily basis.
It is impossible for OldManDumbass to sound any dumber than he already sounds.........althought I am sure he will keep trying to outdumb himself!I'm pulling for him.

Post no Grump.
Meghan from Toledo

Toledo, OH

#8 Nov 28, 2007
I think the cavaliers really ought to pay the man, cause they stink.
Fan

Cleveland, OH

#9 Nov 28, 2007
Sympathetic wrote:
No point sacrificing your career and body for a team that doesn't appreciate your contribution.
Oh please...save us your whiney bullcrap. Nobody on the team never stated or implied that whatsoever. If they thought that, he would have been gone long ago. It's called a trade. Get a clue, drama queen.
Mr Mickey

United States

#10 Nov 28, 2007
Anderson has lost the respect of his teammates and the fans, he has cut his own neck. Let him play in Europe or a South America leages and see how he does there. Cleveland is a blue coller town and we stick together.
P.S. Maghan from Toledo did you see the game last night or were you to busy with Dancing with the Stars.
Not Surprised

Shippingport, PA

#11 Nov 28, 2007
Sympathetic wrote:
Hard to argue with the guy when you have Larry Hughes making almost as much as Lebron this year...(Hughes =$12 million, Lebron =$13 million) AV provides the hustle a team needs, like Bruce Bowen does for the Spurs... he's worth the money. No other team has signed him bc he's a restricted free agent and even if they made an offer, Cavs still can match it and keep him, so what would be the point? No point sacrificing your career and body for a team that doesn't appreciate your contribution.
Um, i think he willing signed the contract that made him a restricted free agent or if it's a league policy then he willingly joined the league didn't he? It doesn't matter what the reason is that no one is making an offer. The reality is that they aren't and he is too full of himself to get it. I would surely love to be President but will I ever be? no. Am I crying about it in the media? no.
OMG

Cleveland, OH

#12 Nov 28, 2007
I understand Ferry has now made AV an offer of $52 MILLION FOR 6 YEARS. Now that's a good offer. If he turns that down then he deserves to sit in Brazil for the rest of the season and beyond. Ferry is no longer a cheap A$$ in my book.
Adam B

Cleveland, OH

#13 Nov 28, 2007
I dont think that Varajoe aztually said those things that are posted I have read that his agent is a demented person and twist up things that people say he trys to get the media mad to get more popular and he needs to stop fooling around and get this deal settled with the Cavs once this deal gets done it is better because then nobody has to worry about anything and can just play the game of basketball
GO CAVS
Adam B

Cleveland, OH

#14 Nov 28, 2007
There is nobody in the NBA right now that can stop LBJ so Varajoe is not a problem right now why give him $ 10 mil a year when we can save it and sign AGENT 0 in the offseason What a dynamic duo this situation will be resolved soon hopefully but until then the Cavs will do fine and will make it back to the finals and sweep the spurs this time GO BROWNS
hdawg

Mamaroneck, NY

#15 Nov 28, 2007
If Ferry has offered that much money then he's making a big mistake.
rufus

Raleigh, NC

#16 Nov 28, 2007
the cavs and the media promoted him to the public of course his sense of worth went up in his head. so pay him then use/abuse him again
Jack Hill

United States

#17 Nov 28, 2007
All you guys, get a life. You're debating about players in the NBA (National Buffoons Association).
Pelosi

Redwood City, CA

#18 Nov 28, 2007
OMG wrote:
I understand Ferry has now made AV an offer of $52 MILLION FOR 6 YEARS. Now that's a good offer. If he turns that down then he deserves to sit in Brazil for the rest of the season and beyond. Ferry is no longer a cheap A$$ in my book.
The Cavs should spend the $52 million on health care for Cleveland's kids.

What about the children?
KEVIN AKRON

Canton, OH

#19 Nov 28, 2007
Pelosi wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cavs should spend the $52 million on health care for Cleveland's kids.
What about the children?
the cavs contribute alot to local charities. so does most sports teams across the country.

why is that the cavs problem anyway? they are trying to run business not save all the starving people in the world. they are a well run organization that gives back to the fans and comunity.
Dog

Akron, OH

#20 Nov 28, 2007
OMG wrote:
fence jumper, pick a side and stay on it... whimp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' Jul '14 sam 3
LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
More from around the web