Varejao back on right track

INDEPENDENCE: The hair was always the same, now the play is, too. When Anderson Varejao returned to the Cavaliers three weeks ago after his, ahem, extended contractual absence, there was no warm-up time. Full Story
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#1 Dec 27, 2007
AV earns his money unlike some other players we know. I'd say right now, he's looking like a steal at under 6 mil per year.
Mr- OSU

Cleveland, OH

#2 Dec 27, 2007
While I do not condone players not going into the game when asked, I am mystified, at the non-use of Damon Jones by Mike Brown. Now I am not going to get crazy here, and try to say that he is an all star,but given the putrid, pathetic shooting percentages of Larry (Bruise) Hughes, and Alesandar Pavlovic, how is it that he is buried on the bench?Damon Jones can give you some offense, and can stretch the defense with his three point shooting. I know that he is not that good of a defender, and given the Cavs defensive woes, I see where that area of deficency can cut into his playing time. That being said, Mr. Pavlovic, has not exactly been all NBA defensive team this year either.I am not one who has been critical of Mike Brown, neither am I one of those who have said that the team has acheived what they have acheived the last two seasons, in spite of him, I do not understand his obession over size,as opposed to those who can play the game regardless of thier size. I say this in reference to Earl Boykins, who would be a good change of pace guard, who would bring energy and offense to this team, when they are going through thier many offensive malaise but they won't sign him because he is only 5"5'.Andre Miller would also look good here and I really hope the Daniel Ferry, will be able to swing a deal for him.
D Dolla

Springfield, OH

#3 Dec 27, 2007
Let DJ play. I don't condone insubordination, but sending him in for the last minute is belittling. Ok, in that case I do support insubordination.
Wilson

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Dec 27, 2007
All Jones do is lip service. If he channel the same energy into the game of basketball, he really wouldn't look like the has-been he's been for a while now. Talk is cheap playboy, money buys a whole lot of land. Instead of clubbing, maybe he should take a long long look. His name is mud in the NBA. No matter where he goes, he contaminates the place.
Kimbsummers2345

United States

#5 Dec 27, 2007
Uh what are the chances of this trade with the heat happening..........zero. If it were possible, I would be for something like a Donyell Marshall, DJ, Larry hughes for Shaq and matching contracts. I know it sounds crazy, but Shaq is slowing down and causing them to lose games because he isn't the factor he once was and DWade has been hurt. The Heat would get expiring contracts of Marshall and Jones after next season and have a guard that may turn it around with a more up tempo team. The cavs would get Shaq who would be able to put up probably even bigger numbers on the cavs because of our half court offense. It also would allow Z and Shaq to split time at center, which may give the cavs a Twin Tower situation, leaving teams to be forced to double team both ShaQ and Lebron. This also would give the Cavs plenty of trade options. The Heat would free up their cap space enough to sign another quality player, if not an all-star to team up with D-Wade. The trade wouldn't include Z because they want to run up tempo and Z isn't built for that style of play. It would never happen of course because the fallout from Shaq fans but it probably would help both franchises. Shaq is signed one year longer than Lebron at the moment and might give the Cavs enough output for the length of his contract and may help us win a championship.
this is good

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2007
Article I read;

http://www.chroniclet.com/2007/12/27/noland-p...

it somes up everything you have been thinking!!!!
OMG

Cleveland, OH

#7 Dec 27, 2007
this is good wrote:
Article I read;
http://www.chroniclet.com/2007/12/27/noland-p...
it somes up everything you have been thinking!!!!
Great article on the Cavs problems. All is lost for the Cavs this season if you believe what it says. Too bad, so sad. Just what I have been saying for months.
BUCK

West Chester, OH

#8 Dec 27, 2007
Who told Damon Jones that the Heat wants him ?? If he did less talking and more working on his game he would be better off. The Cavs just need someone to come in and fine-tune their offence, something Brown can't do. Never have I seen LaBron set a pick and go to the bucket. Most teams would kill to have a 4 and a 5 who could hit outside shots so that LaBron could post up more. The myth that the Cavs are a defensive team should stop now. Never have been, never will be. Defensive teams don't give up 40 points a night on lay-ups. Playing a slowed down game and having a low scoring game, doesn't make you a defensive team, just like playing the passing lanes and getting steals doesn't make Larry a defensive stopper. Who stays up at night worrying about Larry guarding them the next game(lol)?? Ferry has caused a mess with his picks and I just hope LaBron doesn't leave before he gets it right starting with Brown. Give the ball to LaBron and pray he does the right thing, is no offense. Playing Shannon Brown 2 min a game, then al at once he's a starer and then back to no playing time and starting Pavlovic (30% shooting)is from someone in over their head.Nothing against Brown, but he has to go.
amici17

Long Beach, CA

#9 Dec 27, 2007
It is great to see Anderson get more recognition for his talent on the court. Many of us have seen this talent all along. I am so glad he is back on the team.
amici17

Long Beach, CA

#10 Dec 27, 2007
from Cleveland, Ohio -
I just made the comment about Anderson"

"It is great to see Anderson get more recognition for his talent on the court. Many of us have seen this talent all along. I am so glad he is back on the team."

The blog is listing me to be from Livonia, MI.

I am from Cleveland, Ohio......
Keep up the great work Andy & the Cavs....

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#11 Dec 27, 2007
Isn't it strange how nobody is talking about Varejao's trade request anymore? It's as if none of that ever happened.....somehow it all got swept under the rug as if it was nothing.

The guy pulled a scumbag move. Fortunately, it didn't work out for him. Still though, this fan hasn't forgotten, no matter how much the team and the local media want us to.
Dave Robisch

United States

#12 Dec 27, 2007
I am so thankful donyell marshall is on his way back. We really need another soft big man to miss from the perimeter. Regarding Jones, I don't know why he has been in the doghouse for basically two seasons. That makes no sense. But, it also is not acceptable for him to refuse to go in a game. Scottie Pippen could get away with it (in a playoff game, no less) but, to paraphrase Senator Lloyd Bentsen, Jones is no Pippen. It is, though, an alarming sign that this team is beginning to come unglued. Ferry and Brown need to act fast so that doesn't happen. If that means releasing Jones, then release him. Or trade him for a pick.
Ddubz

Mogadore, OH

#13 Dec 28, 2007
Sell outs.
bikerman

United States

#14 Dec 28, 2007
First of all, the patients can't run the asylum. Jones should be traded, if only to release his salary. Insubordination should be restricted to over weight softball players. With his salary, he should shut up and do what the team demands.

AV is playing great, and the slow down, defense oriented game plan is working. With our talent, it is the best option.

If Hughes limits his shots, he can be a crucial player in the new game plan. He seems to have renewed energy. I have been on him for 2 years, but would love to have him prove me wrong.
htown born

Stafford, TX

#15 Jan 2, 2008
does anyone realize that anderson varejao looks just like carlito

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' Jul '14 sam 3
LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1

Anderson Varejao People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE